Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-10, 14:56   Link #21
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, this ought to shut up all the skeptics who thought that You-Know-Who was dead (Luffy's Eneru face on that one page was GLORIOUS! ) Guess this means that we also found out who the Mera Mera fruit will go to in the end.

As far as the rest of the chapter goes, I liked seeing Barto protecting Bellamy from Dellinger. And at least we know who the toy fruit user is now (so I'm assuming that Sugar's ability is called the "Hobby Hobby fruit?). Koala becoming a rebel is great to learn, as well (though that pretty much kills the theory of her being the girl with 3 eyes from Big Mama's crew). Actually, thinking about it, does that mean that Hack (the karate fish-guy from the tournament) is a rebel, as well? There was a brief scene of him having a secret denden conversation in that underground room at the arena, after all.....
*Cockney accent* "In English please." Who has the toy powers and what does the Hobby fruit do?
Old 2013-12-10, 15:14   Link #22
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i don't know what I read so far is accurate but did this chapter revealed that Sabo was at Marineford war?
wonder why he didn't show himself if he was there

Last edited by khoa1708; 2013-12-10 at 16:33.
Old 2013-12-10, 15:14   Link #23
Avaricia
My Lord

Sabo with mera mera nomi

Heck yeah!
Old 2013-12-10, 15:46   Link #24
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
i don't what I read so far is accurate but did this chapter revealed that Sabo was at Marineford war?
wonder why he didn't show himself if he was

Yeah, I have the same question:

If Sabo was alive, then where the %^&$%# was he during Marineford???

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-12-10, 16:07   Link #25
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

There's a quick snatch of conversation between Sabo (?) and Koala on the Den Den Mushi. She goes "...even if you had been there what could you have changed? Nobody can give an answer to that." Then they quickly change the topic back to finding out what's going on at the arena and him vowing to get the Fire fruit back.
Old 2013-12-10, 16:21   Link #26
imza

I always had this theory that the only reason why Sabo would not have come to save Ace is that he is used in undercover operations in the Revolutionary Army. His noble background probably gives him an edge in infiltrating even the world nobles. As such, maybe he thought Whitebeard and crew would rescue Ace and his mission in the Revolutionary Army was too important to reveal his identity.
Old 2013-12-10, 16:38   Link #27
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

ALL the gates were locked at that time.

>Whitebeard = Submarine
>Luffy = Help from a friend
>Shanks = Probably used Conqueror's Haki on the guards or Submarine
Old 2013-12-10, 17:39   Link #28
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

One Piece freakin awesome! I love this series

Seriously, Sabo a live? Luffy must have so many thoughts and emotions going on inside him right now. I hope Luffy punches him next for not trying to rescue Ace though

Yah, Luffy's reaction was the best.

Bart is awesome! Love the guy, I hope he travels with the crew for a while after this arc. His fan boyish reactions to Luffy was just too funny
Bet he won't know who Usopp and Sanji are

Bellamy I think is going to help them in the end, his interactions with Bart was funny

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-12-10, 17:46   Link #29
Breimoon

he is baaaaaack, he is finally baaaack!!! Wonder how strong did he get
Old 2013-12-10, 18:00   Link #30
danielevo

you see ? my feeling before about Sabo will get the mera2 no mi before was true after all..

but after i see rebeca and her will to get mera mera no mi,, my guess is mera mera no mi will be eat by Sabo or Rebeca..
Old 2013-12-10, 18:10   Link #31
orangejuicetang

So if Sabo is disguising himself as Luffy, does he have some sort of transformation df or something? But Bon Clay should have that sort of fruit already, perhaps something similar?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:23   Link #32
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Probably the best One Piece chapter in a while and easily one of the happiest moments in Luffy's life I imagine. Balances out all that grief he experienced from when Ace died.

Shame we didn't get to see Sabo's face, but I doubt it's very different from when he was a kid.~

Since Koala's a member of the revolutionaries too, I'm now wondering just how many characters we've already seen have actually been agents of the revolutionaries all along.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:26   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I came...that is all...
Old 2013-12-10, 18:27   Link #34
marvelB

Hey guys, a translation is out now! And it's a decent one, at that (especially since it's NOT PANDA!). Whoa, I didn't expect Koala to be a fish-karate master. At least that proves my theory of a human mastering fish karate to be true, though! Also, I know this was addressed already, but Sabo's talk with Koala DEFINITELY implies his absence at Marineford:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
ALL the gates were locked at that time.

Not exactly. Remember, Lafitte from Blackbeard's crew already explained that he went to Marineford ahead of the rest of the crew and hypnotized the guards into opening the gates. So that would have definitely left Sabo an opportunity to attempt a rescue, had he been there.....

Oh, and once again, I gotta say that I have mad respect for my man Bartolomeo:

Images
Barto-bro
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: So I also guess that since Sabo's replacing Luffy in the tournament, then he'll be the one fighting Burgess (or maybe Diamante, even). Heh, it's cool that Oda managed to find an alternative method of continuing the tournament without having to interrupt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Who has the toy powers and what does the Hobby fruit do?

The Hobby fruit IS the toy power, lol.

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-12-10 at 18:50.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:40   Link #35
erdii

Oda is genius. ı wasn't expecting a chapter like that. I mean this series is longer than naruto and bleach but it can surprise us like new series. well Sabo was alive. we all knew that but we didn't expect to see him this soon I am sooooo looking forward to next chapter
Old 2013-12-10, 18:55   Link #36
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I called Koala knowing something about fishman karate!!! So happy about her being introduced. I will also stand by my theory of her being jimbei's replacement as a strawhat. Tbh I think that his little departure mission had to do with her.
Other than that yeah, everybody knew Sabo was alive. I mean, why even insert an additional character into Luffy's past if they had no place in the future? That was basically the point of Luffy's flashback.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:56   Link #37
Casshern

Barto is scary. He's even more scary when he's acting moe then when he acts like a punk...
Old 2013-12-10, 19:15   Link #38
shalala

So this could mean that Sabo will show off his strength against Burgess/Diamante and the rest of the finalist that is if he is allowed to join the battle. Unless he gates crashes it. Which he could well do for added dramitc enterence. I do hope once this is all over that him and Luffy have a sit down and have a proper talk without no one interfering. It would have have been nice if Luffy cried a bit more not much like he did when Ace died but near to it.
Old 2013-12-10, 19:20   Link #39
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
So if Sabo is disguising himself as Luffy, does he have some sort of transformation df or something? But Bon Clay should have that sort of fruit already, perhaps something similar?
That's what I was wondering, I thought it was Bon Clay, not Sabo
Old 2013-12-10, 19:28   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
That's what I was wondering, I thought it was Bon Clay, not Sabo

Uh.... what? He simply dressed himself in Luffy's tourney outfit. Plus, he's wearing the beard, so it's not like people will recognize him so easily....
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion