AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 09:15   Link #6361
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I was searching for a figure and one store had this part of their header. Anyone got any ideas where it is from?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 04:03   Link #6362
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Does anyone know the origin of this?

and also this

Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 06:03   Link #6363
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Second one is Futakoi Alternative. Technically it's watchable standalone but if you want the proper introduction to the girls you should watch Futakoi Twin Girls first (they're literally nothing alike, they just use the same characters except for the male lead, but Twin Girls came first if you're bothered about chronology.)
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:57   Link #6364
Applejack

Help me identify this anime

Need help from Japanese Anime watchers...
Back in the nineties, I was watching some midnight TV on the Space Network (Canada's version of the Sci-fi network) and as I recall, every friday night they featured an Japanese anime movie.

I need your help remembering the title of what I saw.

Here's what I remember from it:

It looked like it was made in the 80's, because for a movie, the animation quality was pretty lo-fi; not the glossy stuff you see today. Not a hint of CG either.
The story, as I remember it, was about a female soldier (perhaps ex soldier) who was in a coma in the hospital. Her former comrades all gather around her life support unit and hope that she's pull out of the coma. The doctor is sceptical that she'll last much longer and if I remember right, he wants to just pull the plug so they can give the bed to someone else.

In the woman's mind, she and her comrades are in some wierd city filled with green-skinned inhabitants. They check into a hotel and each of them receives a letter telling them that they would die on a certain day. The protagonist (if I remember right) has the shortest time to live, and will die in 3 days. One of her companions has a note that say's he'll die on day 4, another guy on day 5, etc. One of the guys decides not to tell the group about the contents of his note.

The female protagonist has only 7 bullets. She loads her revolver, and ties the last bullet around her neck.

A bunch of stuff happens. The woman's day arrives. For reasons I cant remember, two of her friends tell her they've been planting explosives all over town and that they're gonna go out fighting. Again, for reasons I dont remember, the green-skinned inhabitants are now hostile.

She is down to her last bullet (the one around her neck) and she thinks she's gonna die. The dude who didnt reveal his note tells her that all this time she shouldn't have worried, because his note said he was going to die yesterday, and he never believed it would happen, and a bunch of inspirational mumbo-jumbo. Then, under circumstances I dont remember the details of, she uses the last bullet to shoot this giant, transparent/psychic lion apparition that's been stalking her throughout her ordeals in this city.

She wakes up from her coma and is embraced by her soldier collegues and they all run out of the hospital together (I think!?). THE END

Does this ring any bells? Ask your anime geek buddies. Especially ones over the age of 30, if you know any. This was definitely a feature length movie, but I strongly suspect that it was based on a television show. For years I've wanted to know what the heck I watched that night.

EDIT: I just realized you have another forum for identification assistance that I didn't notice. If the moderator could shovel this over there, I'd be grateful!

Last edited by Applejack; 2009-10-17 at 19:07.
Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 19:10   Link #6365
Slice of Life
eyewitness

This. But we already have a sticky thread for such questions.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:13   Link #6366
Applejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
This. But we already have a sticky thread for such questions.
I could kiss you! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!
Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:00   Link #6367
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

Seems pretty popular.

And is it an ecchi?
Mr Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:06   Link #6368
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post

Seems pretty popular.

And is it an ecchi?
That would be Seitokai no Ichizon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10587
Old 2009-10-17, 21:40   Link #6369
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post

Seems pretty popular.

And is it an ecchi?
Another reference/gag show. Pretty much Lucky Star on crack. Takes the referencing to a whole new level though (the entire show is just reference spam).
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:45   Link #6370
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
A manga series probably Shounen-
About a young man that picks up the baby(with weird hair) from an egg. The baby grew extremely fast and attracts monster to attack it. Apparently the queen of the monster or something. *Remembering more as I type. The heroine supposedly defend the baby against the monster. It was also licensed I think but not that it matters.
Old 2009-10-17, 23:15   Link #6371
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialangel View Post
I only know the first 2 ("Kimin ni Todoke" and "Kobato"), what about the other 4? Anyone has seen #3-6?

Five is RaiJinoh
Old 2009-10-18, 00:46   Link #6372
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
A manga series probably Shounen-
About a young man that picks up the baby(with weird hair) from an egg. The baby grew extremely fast and attracts monster to attack it. Apparently the queen of the monster or something. *Remembering more as I type. The heroine supposedly defend the baby against the monster. It was also licensed I think but not that it matters.
Sounds alot like World Embryo
Old 2009-10-18, 06:44   Link #6373
othera

I can't remember much of it, there where people that could use their blood to conjure things, from what I remember of the episode I saw there was a little girl that attacked some people with... magic hands
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 11:18   Link #6374
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Sounds alot like World Embryo
Yes indeed, thanks very much~~~ Rep+. It was a manga that I read around half year ago and forgot about it.
Old 2009-10-18, 12:19   Link #6375
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialangel View Post
I only know the first 2 ("Kimin ni Todoke" and "Kobato"), what about the other 4? Anyone has seen #3-6?

1. Kimi ni Todoke - a new show this season, shoujo.

edit: and then I read your post and realize you already knew that *goes cry in a corner*

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:15   Link #6376
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

My memory is really really fuzzy, but I remember watching this one anime on TV when I was young: Sci Fi, Flying around in spaceships, and this one demon girl who was always trying to track down the main male character, And I one scene in my head where the main character's dead with his shirt floating through space with blood on it or something...
Old 2009-10-18, 23:35   Link #6377
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
My memory is really really fuzzy, but I remember watching this one anime on TV when I was young: Sci Fi, Flying around in spaceships, and this one demon girl who was always trying to track down the main male character, And I one scene in my head where the main character's dead with his shirt floating through space with blood on it or something...
I'm thinking the Tenchi Muyo OVA series there. I know they showed it on Cartoon Network a long time ago too, though editted.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:40   Link #6378
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I'm thinking the Tenchi Muyo OVA series there. I know they showed it on Cartoon Network a long time ago too, though editted.
Yahh.. that was the one... Thanks!
Old 2009-10-20, 17:17   Link #6379
Spyre2000

Looking for the name of an anime series

I'm trying to find the name of an anime series that I saw many years ago but I can't recall the name. In fact I can't really recall that much about it but here's what I do recall.

I rented a few disc on Netflix shortly after they came out so the series had to have come out before 1997-1999 since that's about when i had my subscription. The series took place in space with very small crew (I think 3-4 chars no "extras" in the background). The ship was red and kinda looked like a jet I think. I wanna say the ship would slightly transform in combat though not 100% sure on that but I do know it wasn't any of the Robotech spin offs and don't recall any mecha/robot combat. I wanna say it even had some 3D for the space combat scenes probably crude by todays standards. The show was fairly upbeat and comical.

Also most of my memories are of things happening in deep space or on board other ships/stations. I'm not sure if they every really went to any planets but I don't think so. As I said though I only rented a few disc as that's all they carried at the time (Netflix's anime selection sucked back then I don't use it anymore so don't know how it is now). I wanted to watch more but seeing as I was in Jr High at the time I couldn't really afford to track down and buy the series.

I don't know why but the name space and slayer comes to mind when I think of the series. I was reminded of the series because I heard a song that sounded very familiar and when I started to think where I heard it before I suddenly started to recall bits and pieces of that old series. And for the last couple days it's been driving me crazy. I've done google searches, sift through huge list of anime series, and etc. but they all turn up nothing.

A wild shot in the dark also tells me the main char has orange hair. When I try to imagine the box cover i see a red ship in the upper left coming down with main chars face on the top right and the other chars below arose the middle. Again though my memory is fairly scetchy as I've seen many, many, anime series over the years I might be mixing up a detail or two.

My guess though is the series probably came out in the early 90s because I know it didn't have that granny 80s look to it. It was rather smooth and crisper as well as a few 3D scenes which I'm like 99% curtain of.
Spyre2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 17:31   Link #6380
Slice of Life
eyewitness

That's a hard one. Outlaw Star, maybe?

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel