AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-13, 23:19   Link #821
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Or just have AngeXBattler. That's simple too. But like some of the above posts, the romance is rather "odd" in Umineko.
Just think of making out with your sibling.
This is why I don't like Battler x Ange.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:19   Link #822
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Bern is completely leading on Lambda. You never hear Bern go on those psychotic rants alone about Lambda, furthermore Bern only promised to give Lambda a massage in a marshmallow hot tub, or what ever she said, for a hint.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:23   Link #823
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
Bern is completely leading on Lambda. You never hear Bern go on those psychotic rants alone about Lambda, furthermore Bern only promised to give Lambda a massage in a marshmallow hot tub, or what ever she said, for a hint.
Or she could just be playin hard to get >:3
^^Not really, pretty sure she's leading her on
Old 2010-01-13, 23:24   Link #824
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
That is why it's called "wincest". xD.

And if you're pro-mystery, u can't see Battler X metaBeato happening for long either. (or if you're an AngeMammon fan, since one is a "delusion" if one were to say)

But I am anti-mystery. I go with magic anyday.

Although, I wonder what's the probability of Bernkastel getting a portrait for next ep. Either that, or we get Featherine.

Last ep, I am SURE it will be Beato again.

@Smackle: I don't think Bern is really leaning on to Lambda, I think she's just playing along until the right time...(she seems to be the type who will throw an electric toaster into the bathtub where Lambda is bathing to see her reaction...oh wait. Too much Hitman. xD)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:25   Link #825
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Called the Westermarck Effect, and it wouldn't apply to Battler and Ange; it only works for siblings raised around one another.

On the contrary, siblings raised apart from one another often really want to jump each others bones on an instinctive level, thanks to genetic attraction.

The More You Know
Old 2010-01-13, 23:28   Link #826
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
Called the Westermarck Effect, and it wouldn't apply to Battler and Ange; it only works for siblings raised around one another.

On the contrary, siblings raised apart from one another often really want to jump each others bones on an instinctive level, thanks to genetic attraction.

The More You Know
... ewwww...

I personally don't get the huge following over sibling/twin couples... but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Old 2010-01-13, 23:29   Link #827
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Or just have AngeXBattler. That's simple too. But like some of the above posts, the romance is rather "odd" in Umineko.
Er...not really. I'd prefer Amakusa or whatever his name isxAnge cause that's pretty cute too. Not that big on incest most of the time...unless it's cousinxcousin or something like that, cause in some countries that's not considered as incest.

Quote:
@Smackle: I don't think Bern is really leaning on to Lambda, I think she's just playing along until the right time...
That's what I'm thinking too...and if she hurts Lambda's feelings in anyway. I swear I will go on a fangirl rage and hate her forever. D<

/lol maybe not really...but who knows
Old 2010-01-13, 23:30   Link #828
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
... ewwww...

I personally don't get the huge following over sibling/twin couples... but whatever floats your boat I guess.
Well, we were raised in that kind of society. But to me, romance is romance. Doesn't matter if you're straight, sibling or homo (although, I sometimes frown but accepting nonetheless)

Although, Amakuza really has a secret type role. I wonder wat Ryukishi has in plan for him..

Old 2010-01-13, 23:33   Link #829
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Well, we were raised in that kind of society. But to me, romance is romance. Doesn't matter if you're straight, sibling or homo (although, I sometimes frown but accepting nonetheless)
Incest is just an issue if the two lovers ever have a children. Cause if they have too similar genetics, it can lead to deformations of their offspring (Physically and/or mentally I think...) which isn't fair for the kid. Doesn't always happen...but it's a good chance and has happened before.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:35   Link #830
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
Incest is just an issue if the two lovers ever have a children. Cause if they have too similar genetics, it can lead to deformations of their offspring (Physically and/or mentally I think...) which isn't fair for the kid. Doesn't always happen...but it's a good chance and has happened before.
Well, not ALL romance will lead to mating right? Some are just content with dating. But many people not only frown at the idea of siblings having children together but rather that it is forbidden that siblings to even develop feelings for each other.

But on a separate note, would it be incest for Beato1XBeato2X(if you want, original Beato) xD?

Old 2010-01-13, 23:35   Link #831
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Well it's not like there isn't a problem with mating with your sibling or close relative... I guess as long as you adopt though, it's not a huge problem? I honestly don't know if there are any other proven risks to that sort of thing.

Either way, I still can't wrap my mind around the whole imouto obsession some people seem to have. But I will admit, I found Beato's troll about it quite funny. >w>

Old 2010-01-13, 23:36   Link #832
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Children from first generation incest aren't actually THAT likely to have issues. And it's not like we stop people with genetic disorders from having kids, and their kids are WAY more likely to have issues. Also, any fictional couple gets to dodge that bullet unless the author likes making them suffer.

But who cares, I like BattlerXBeato most anyways.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:38   Link #833
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
@Smackle: I don't think Bern is really leaning on to Lambda, I think she's just playing along until the right time...(she seems to be the type who will throw an electric toaster into the bathtub where Lambda is bathing to see her reaction...oh wait. Too much Hitman. xD)
Really? If I recall Bern was trapped by a stalker named Lambdadelta, who started all of this only to get Bern to play a game with her. I at the very least do not think Bern has the same level of psychotic obsession towards Lambda as Lambda has for her. I mean really, just look at all of their scenes. Lambda is up for anything Battler can pull to keep Bern in her pocket, which is why Lambdadelta tried to help Battler out this episode.
If you are saying Bern hates Lambda secretly, I don't really think so. She does hate boredom so Lambda's crazy way of showing love may not seem so bad to her.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:38   Link #834
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Well it's not like there isn't a problem with mating with your sibling or close relative... I guess as long as you adopt though, it's not a huge problem? I honestly don't know if there are any other proven risks to that sort of thing.

Either way, I still can't wrap my mind around the whole imouto obsession some people seem to have. But I will admit, I found Beato's troll about it quite funny. >w>
Anime tells us that having an imouto is sweet (only for those who are an only-child)
While my other friends who have younger sisters say they are a hassle.

Old 2010-01-13, 23:45   Link #835
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Really? If I recall Bern was trapped by a stalker named Lambdadelta, who started all of this only to get Bern to play a game with her. I at the very least do not think Bern has the same level of psychotic obsession towards Lambda as Lambda has for her. I mean really, just look at all of their scenes. Lambda is up for anything Battler can pull to keep Bern in her pocket, which is why Lambdadelta tried to help Battler out this episode.
Lambda likes her, and Bern knows it. If Bern didn't like playing games with Lambda, she wouldn't have accepted the game in the first place. I don't know if she really likes Lambda or the games, but she is definitely using Lambda as a tool somehow.

Bern is the type of person who wouldn't do anything unless it came to her benefit. But Bern and Lambda have known each other for a long time so...maybe Lambda does sincerely love her and understands her more than anyone else and knows that keeping her in this game would make her happy and away from trouble (like Featherine).

I don't know for sure, but I was very moved when
Spoiler for EP6 stuff...not that much spoilerish:
Old 2010-01-13, 23:50   Link #836
Raiza Sunozaki

Can we... get back on topic before a Mod comes and gets angry with us?
Like maybe... Miss Au Au? I mean, it's indicated she's a friend of Bern, right? Let's list Bern's friends that we know of: Lamba, Miss I-like-to-sadistically-torment-anything=and-everything, Beato, The witch we all love but know can play one hell of a twisted bitch.
The way her list of friends is shaping up, I wouldn't be surprised if Au Au got a trollface by the end of Episode 7
Or does she already have one?
Old 2010-01-13, 23:55   Link #837
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Can we... get back on topic before a Mod comes and gets angry with us?
Like maybe... Miss Au Au? I mean, it's indicated she's a friend of Bern, right? Let's list Bern's friends that we know of: Lamba, Miss I-like-to-sadistically-torment-anything=and-everything, Beato, The witch we all love but know can play one hell of a twisted bitch.
The way her list of friends is shaping up, I wouldn't be surprised if Au Au got a trollface by the end of Episode 7
Or does she already have one?
Wait I know now! Dx

I don't think Featherine is a friend of Bern's...at all. If I recall correctly, didn't they hate each other and wanted to kill the other? D:

Last edited by Tsuki Aoi Usagi; 2010-01-13 at 23:57. Reason: figured it out
Old 2010-01-14, 01:48   Link #838
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Bern was not very happy to see her until Featherine stated her intentions. Featherinne to me seems like Bern when she was first seen so I think she might get a trollface.
Old 2010-01-14, 02:15   Link #839
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Bern was not very happy to see her until Featherine stated her intentions. Featherinne to me seems like Bern when she was first seen so I think she might get a trollface.
Wouldn't that be a bit repetitive and predictable by now?

Old 2010-01-14, 02:24   Link #840
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

OK, let's list the witches shown before episode 6 that do not have any crazy faces...... oh wait there are none, Ange doesn't count she is a "good gal". Eva-Beatrice, Maria (debatable), Virgilia, Beatrice, Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Erika (debatable), and Goldsmith all have a crazy face.
Closed Thread