AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 09:03   Link #1041
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

How will a supernatural Being of titanic proportions(True Ancestor, Shinso, Elemental, Counter Guardian) will work against the overwhelming extra terrestrial entity(BETA)?

Last edited by maxxus0923; 2013-05-19 at 09:14.
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 11:37   Link #1042
John117xCortana

In the long term I have doubts that they have enough mana to kill every last BETA on Earth. Especially when the have to fight hordes of them all the time.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 19:06   Link #1043
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
How will a supernatural Being of titanic proportions(True Ancestor, Shinso, Elemental, Counter Guardian) will work against the overwhelming extra terrestrial entity(BETA)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
In the long term I have doubts that they have enough mana to kill every last BETA on Earth. Especially when the have to fight hordes of them all the time.
I'm actually not too sure about that. Nasuverse mechanics are always a little wonky like that. I'm no expert, and frankly any nasuverse debate goes over my head, but if I recall correctly the the mechanics of Nasuverse, with it's focus on concepts, might make it possible for certain characters to defeat the BETA in such short order it won't even be funny. In theory anyway.

I'm pretty sure a characters from Angel Notes and Types will deliver curbstombs to the BETA, and IIRC ORT is pretty much invincible while on Earth. Also, from what I know of him, Ado Edem might also be able to one shot the BETA depending on whether the BETA can be considered one enemy because of their hive mind. Still, if there are any Type Moon experts, feel free to chip in and correct me if I'm wrong.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 19:23   Link #1044
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Finally restarted my work on the Comet, and it's rolling along smoothly, though I have no concrete dates yet.

I do have Tarisa cursing in British English, and Yuuya trolling her. Sorta.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:03   Link #1045
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Finally restarted my work on the Comet, and it's rolling along smoothly, though I have no concrete dates yet.

As unrelated as this seems, I think the latest tsfia translation of #71 do shed more light on the brtish people in general and the battle of 1985 for london ,considering the lack of any material so far regarding the Brits in the muvluv universe. Perhaps this can be used as more references for your work.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:54   Link #1046
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
I'm actually not too sure about that. Nasuverse mechanics are always a little wonky like that. I'm no expert, and frankly any nasuverse debate goes over my head, but if I recall correctly the the mechanics of Nasuverse, with it's focus on concepts, might make it possible for certain characters to defeat the BETA in such short order it won't even be funny. In theory anyway.

I'm pretty sure a characters from Angel Notes and Types will deliver curbstombs to the BETA, and IIRC ORT is pretty much invincible while on Earth. Also, from what I know of him, Ado Edem might also be able to one shot the BETA depending on whether the BETA can be considered one enemy because of their hive mind. Still, if there are any Type Moon experts, feel free to chip in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Type-Mercury,Venus,Jupiter and Saturn would be trolling beta... nuff said...

Gilgamesh would be curbstomping beta... that is if he sees them worthy of using his power against them...

Berserker(Hercules/Lancelot) would be pretty much bulldoze their way in a beta clash... though Lancelot would be faring better due to his skill knight of honor... any one want a corrupted black Type-98XR?

Counter Guardian EMIYA will be able to destroy BETA... he is after all a counter guardian

Altrouge Brunestud(Eclipse Princess of the Black Blood) will be much trolling anyone who dares to attack her...Well she has primate murder as her bodyguard
Old 2013-05-20, 04:04   Link #1047
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Redid some parts of my fic. First half of this is similar to somethign I posted a month or three ago, but I've had to do some rewrites.

Now that TE is out and stuff has been confirmed/denied (Damn You Kooki, I was going to use the YF-23 in my story, and now you've shot 90% of my fic idea out of the water). I'll continue this with a different angle now, but I promise that it will not be boring.

As usual, first draft gets posted to Anisuki, but at the end I'll put the completed version onto fanfiction.net.

EDIT: Oh drek, I put in SPOILER instead of QUOTE tags!
Now I really wonder what the heck’s going on… any chance this will end up compiled somewhere where I can read it all in one sitting. I feel like the answer is staring me in the face, but because it’s broken up in the thread I can’t put the puzzle together. Alas!

Quote:
Type-Mercury,Venus,Jupiter and Saturn would be trolling beta... nuff said...

Gilgamesh would be curbstomping beta... that is if he sees them worthy of using his power against them...

Berserker(Hercules/Lancelot) would be pretty much bulldoze their way in a beta clash... though Lancelot would be faring better due to his skill knight of honor... any one want a corrupted black Type-98XR?

Counter Guardian EMIYA will be able to destroy BETA... he is after all a counter guardian

Altrouge Brunestud(Eclipse Princess of the Black Blood) will be much trolling anyone who dares to attack her...Well she has primate murder as her bodyguard
At the risk of this devolving into a Type Moon mechanics debate, perhaps it might be helpful if we could go into some detail as to why and how each character would go about defeating the BETA for those of us not familiar with Type Moon.

The Aristotle’s, well, they are the Ultimate Beings from their respective worlds that already have the power to singlehandedly exterminate all life on Earth, so it goes without saying that they could easily slaughter the BETA without even breaking sweat. I do note that one of the things that makes the Types so powerful is that they lack typical Earth concepts like 'death'. This advantage could possibly be circumvented by The BETA, as they are not Earthly beings and may operate on different concepts that could harm the Types (wouldn't bet on it though). Still, it's a bunch of space miners versus a giant alien gods that are kilometers in size, and even the smaller ones are freakishly powerful. Tough fight for the space miners.

I think you've summed up how Lancelot would be an absolute terror to the BETA if he can get his hands on a TSF, and Gilgamesh has Ea which is anti-world, not to mention all the other bibs and bobs in the Gate, so he's pretty much self explanatory. Counter Guardians are generally Servant class entities powered directly by the will of the planet. Plus there are alot of them. And EMIYA can just broken phantasm everything since he's powered by the will of the planet. Yeah.

Not sure about the Dead Apostle Ancestors though. DAA1-5 are freakishly powerful, but the others, less so.

Altrouge Brunestud's dangerous for sure, but I've always thought the true danger behind her is that she's supposedly cunning as heck (stealing Arc's hair... good job!) and has got direct pull over three of the other DAAs, the most powerful being Primate Murder who most definitely would be a threat to the BETA. Her power, by itself, shouldn't be that great since she lost against Roa. Still, I can easily see her pulling the strings of the puny mortals behind the scenes just like the Master.

Now, I'm curious about Ado Edem. Slash Emperor grows to match the size of his enemy, so I have one question: does the BETA, given they are basically one of those hive mind type alien entities, constitute as a single target?
I have this picture of Edem swinging Slash Emperor for great justice, and the Earth splitting in half in the most glorious mutual KO ever.

Also: What I want to see is Lancer going up against the BETA. How long do you think he'd last before dying (again), especially if he's fully aware the author who dropped him in this situation is specifically trying to kill him off?

Quote:

Yay, Tarisa!

More Comet!

Can I pay to have a Sneak Preview?
Old 2013-05-20, 04:36   Link #1048
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I see no harm in it, since I never object to taking other people's money.

That said, it's not really spoileriffic, or checked for grammar.

Spoiler for Rated for Tarisa being Tarisa. AKA, heavy swearing:
Old 2013-05-20, 04:36   Link #1049
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Now I really wonder what the heck’s going on… any chance this will end up compiled somewhere where I can read it all in one sitting. I feel like the answer is staring me in the face, but because it’s broken up in the thread I can’t put the puzzle together. Alas!

At the risk of this devolving into a Type Moon mechanics debate, perhaps it might be helpful if we could go into some detail as to why and how each character would go about defeating the BETA for those of us not familiar with Type Moon.

The Aristotle’s, well, they are the Ultimate Beings from their respective worlds that already have the power to singlehandedly exterminate all life on Earth, so it goes without saying that they could easily slaughter the BETA without even breaking sweat. I do note that one of the things that makes the Types so powerful is that they lack typical Earth concepts like 'death'. This advantage could possibly be circumvented by The BETA, as they are not Earthly beings and may operate on different concepts that could harm the Types (wouldn't bet on it though). Still, it's a bunch of space miners versus a giant alien gods that are kilometers in size, and even the smaller ones are freakishly powerful. Tough fight for the space miners.

I think you've summed up how Lancelot would be an absolute terror to the BETA if he can get his hands on a TSF, and Gilgamesh has Ea which is anti-world, not to mention all the other bibs and bobs in the Gate, so he's pretty much self explanatory. Counter Guardians are generally Servant class entities powered directly by the will of the planet. Plus there are alot of them. And EMIYA can just broken phantasm everything since he's powered by the will of the planet. Yeah.

Not sure about the Dead Apostle Ancestors though. DAA1-5 are freakishly powerful, but the others, less so.

Altrouge Brunestud's dangerous for sure, but I've always thought the true danger behind her is that she's supposedly cunning as heck (stealing Arc's hair... good job!) and has got direct pull over three of the other DAAs, the most powerful being Primate Murder who most definitely would be a threat to the BETA. Her power, by itself, shouldn't be that great since she lost against Roa. Still, I can easily see her pulling the strings of the puny mortals behind the scenes just like the Master.

Now, I'm curious about Ado Edem. Slash Emperor grows to match the size of his enemy, so I have one question: does the BETA, given they are basically one of those hive mind type alien entities, constitute as a single target?
I have this picture of Edem swinging Slash Emperor for great justice, and the Earth splitting in half in the most glorious mutual KO ever.

Also: What I want to see is Lancer going up against the BETA. How long do you think he'd last before dying (again), especially if he's fully aware the author who dropped him in this situation is specifically trying to kill him off?

Yay, Tarisa!

More Comet!

Can I pay to have a Sneak Preview?

Ado Edem will have hard time dealing with BETA, he must realise first what BETA is before he can conclude that they are one entity...

Lancer... he'll die fighting... he is proficient with geis so he can at least fight them off before dying...

Rider(Medusa/Iskander) will much bulldoze their way specially iskander since he has Via Expugnatio... but well... laser class would be trolling him alot...

Caster on all Nasu series will pretty much destroy every beta they see... however that is given if they have alot of mana to splurge... specially tamamo... she is very much powerful in japan... now imagine her and takeru teaming up... NO... Imaginer her and Yandere Yuuhi/Yuzuka if they team up

Saber will pretty much excalibur her way out... but that is if she has mana to spare...
Old 2013-05-20, 04:39   Link #1050
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Now I really wonder what the heck’s going on… any chance this will end up compiled somewhere where I can read it all in one sitting. I feel like the answer is staring me in the face, but because it’s broken up in the thread I can’t put the puzzle together.
- I'll eventually pool it all into one fic on fanfiction.net. The main reason I'm doing it in drips and drops here on the forum is because I know there's a few guys here who'll call me out and correct anything I mess up.

And one of the main reasons it's a mess is because I rewrote this segment I think close to a dozen times or more. A lot of ideas and sections just got thrown out, like removing nearly all references to the YF-23 (Because of what happened in TE). I also had to excise huge amounts of text because I was going too far with the tech descriptions and the story/feel was suffering due to it.

I wouldn't say that the fic idea has done a 180 since I first started it, but it is a very different story from when I first thought it up. I'm still going for the Yukikaze feel and some of the themes, but I want to do something that doesn't just look like "Muv-Luv Yukikaze" or something as contrived/cut-and-paste as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth
Spoiler for Rated for Tarisa being Tarisa.
- I'm surprised there's no "Cossack" insults...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:56   Link #1051
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

It's not really that insulting...

Besides, one of my ancestors was a Cossack. I'm not one for the family, but he was a pretty cool guy and not afraid of anything.
Old 2013-05-20, 05:03   Link #1052
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, most Gurkhas aren't afraid of anythign either (you should hear the stories they tell about them). I'm just thinking that Tarisa being Tarisa, I'd imagine the curses would be a bit more...violent.

...like threatening to turn Cryska's chest into a pair of maracas or something...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 05:07   Link #1053
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Hmmm, interesting.

Yes, I heard stories about Gurkhas. I suppose Tarisa was still a bit shocked from the crash to think of a better threat.

...Or I might have not spent so much time thinking on how to describe her figure in next shot. Yes, Yuuya was checking her out.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:37   Link #1054
sasahar17

Quote:
I see no harm in it, since I never object to taking other people's money.

That said, it's not really spoileriffic, or checked for grammar.

Spoiler for Rated for Tarisa being Tarisa. AKA, heavy swearing:
It's Tarisa, and she's an angry little spitfire! I worship the ground you walk on. Please take my prayer power and use it to produce more goodies!

Quote:
...Or I might have not spent so much time thinking on how to describe her figure in next shot. Yes, Yuuya was checking her out.
So is she part of his Harem (with a capital H) now?

Quote:
Lancer... he'll die fighting... he is proficient with geis so he can at least fight them off before dying...
Actually the question I want to know the answer to is how hard and how much pain he'd struggle through before the inevitable 'Lancer has died, YOU B*ST*RDS'!
Old 2013-05-20, 07:44   Link #1055
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Mmmm, all of my feels.

She isn't part of his harem per se; the story will be firmly YuixYuuyaxCryska, though I am planning on giving others, like CuixYuuya and TarisaxYuuya their teasing as well.

I am a bit biased towards Tarisa, because she's just a poor, poor thing. Plus, she definitely has her moments with Yuuya.

Also, I am considering to write a short, modern-AU oneshot story, dealing with WAFF and drama. Involves Yui, Yuuya, Cryska, Christmas party, alcohol and smug Inia. Probably won't post it here, since If I do go with it, it'll definitely involve mature content.

Or at least, remove the more explicit parts when I post it.

Last edited by Alastor Mobius Toth; 2013-05-20 at 09:58. Reason: Freudian slips, everywhere.
Old 2013-05-20, 15:19   Link #1056
faiz blaster

New fic on the horizon and....

.. is yet another Macross crossover.
Old 2013-05-20, 20:03   Link #1057
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
New fic on the horizon and....

.. is yet another Macross crossover.
Why don't you invite takeru into your fanfiction somehow?
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 22:04   Link #1058
sasahar17

Quote:
Also, I am considering to write a short, modern-AU oneshot story, dealing with WAFF and drama. Involves Yui, Yuuya, Cryska, Christmas party, alcohol and smug Inia. Probably won't post it here, since If I do go with it, it'll definitely involve mature content.

Or at least, remove the more explicit parts when I post it.
Hm, an AU story? I assume this will be in some variant of the wierd and wonderful Extra-verse?

Well as long as alcohol is involved, it's all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
Why don't you invite takeru into your fanfiction somehow?
To be honest, one of the main objectives I had when started out writing ML: DYRL was to write a story where Takeru does not appear.

It had mostly to do with the fact that the Muv Luv fanfic section on ff.net is full of Takeru centric fanfics. Don't get me wrong: there's nothing wrong with those, but I wanted to try doing something a little different. Muv Luv Comet is brilliant with it's focus on the TE cast but it was in a sad minority in a sea of fanfics all doing the same thing.

I have ideas for entire storyarcs for Yui, Yuuya, Hibiki, Meiya, Lilia, Ayamine, Ilfriede, Seijyurou, Aichberger, the whole damn CIA... hell, I've got one for a certain little japanese orange who isn't due for the draft for another few years. But no where in this fanfic series will the bratty savior himself actually make an appearance, at least during the main story.

Maybe during an Omake. I'm sure his reaction to seeing supposedly fictional Valkyries flaying about and J-Pop getting an unexpected revival will be good.
Old 2013-05-20, 22:09   Link #1059
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Hm, an AU story? I assume this will be in some variant of the wierd and wonderful Extra-verse?

To be honest, one of the main objectives I had when started out writing ML: DYRL was to write a story where Takeru does not appear.

It had mostly to do with the fact that the Muv Luv fanfic section on ff.net is full of Takeru centric fanfics. Don't get me wrong: there's nothing wrong with those, but I wanted to try doing something a little different. Muv Luv Comet is brilliant with it's focus on the TE cast but it was in a sad minority in a sea of fanfics all doing the same thing.

I have ideas for entire storyarcs for Yui, Yuuya, Hibiki, Meiya, Lilia, Ayamine, Ilfriede, Seijyurou, Aichberger, the whole damn CIA... hell, I've got one for a certain little japanese orange who isn't due for the draft for another few years. But no where in this fanfic series will the bratty savior himself actually make an appearance, at least during the main story.

Maybe during an Omake. I'm sure his reaction to seeing supposedly fictional Valkyries flaying about and J-Pop getting an unexpected revival will be good.
Include me on the list as soon as i get my own fic up... been lacking ideas for Korean Peninsula Later January 1998
Old 2013-05-20, 22:33   Link #1060
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:

He wakes up in a abandoned house and one of the first things he hears is a rendition of a song by Sheryl nome?
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem