AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 07:08   Link #181
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Wonderful things you have here Rennir! I'm really amazed *___* I loved your tutorial. I rarely use them but sometimes I just get the feeling I want to read THAT one and yours happened to be that one xD I love it. Thank you very much!
Old 2012-05-11, 13:52   Link #182
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Thanks, I'm glad you think so. Haha, you're not a graphics noob, just a beginner, like the rest of us were at one point or another
Haha, you're too generous! :P
I'll never be more than a beginner, though. I know enough to help me at my job from time to time, 'tis enough.

Quote:
Did a request

Not too happy with the result though Too monotone and bright, and the bg is repetitive. Typo could've been better too Hopefully, I'll get better at making things people request, where I don't choose the materials, though that's not too high on my list of priorities
Funnily enough I have to agree. It's pretty but you can easily see that it wasn't a motive you chose yourself
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 21:19   Link #183
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
...*laughs* Y'know what's funny? I found this tut last night working on a sig, I think in the sig/avy tut section, but...I had no idea it was by you! :P I started using it (not to the letter, just bits and pieces), and I was just like wow!
And then I come here and find out it's yours great job!
Haha glad you thought it was helpful then! There's nothing particularly wrong with following tutorials to the letter, I know I used to do it a lot. I've just found that adding my own creativity into tutorials, while making the process harder, is a much more educational and beneficial process for me as a gfx artist I completely understand seeing an awesome tag before and wanting to imitate it exactly though. Some people are just too good at tagging Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Looks much better than my rush job.
It's been blended quite well with the background. Saying you are talented is an understatement.
(Sorry I haven't got much else to say...)
I liked yours too! It had a sort of old fashioned, vintage feel to it, and the wooden (?) bg texture was a nice choice. It's blended too well almost Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not actually very talented; there are much more talented people out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
Just dropping in to say, I love this sig of yours dayum!

Even though it's black and white, you played with the lighting really well. I especially love how you blend in the C4Ds, that's a really neat work.

KIU
Thanks ranran-kun trying to think of a nickname here... I made it black and white cause I couldn't blend the colors well, so slap on a BW gradient map and voila! problem solved I fixed the text in the final version btw, cause the text in that one is still lacking. And Topaz definitely helped the look of the C4ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I would say than you are a bit too hard on yourself about this one; given the render used you made the right choice about the kind of background and brush to use.
Perhaps, but I definitely feel like I could've done better with it. In retrospect, I also oversharpened the petals in front of the render too .____. And I think some better background variation would've helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
Wonderful things you have here Rennir! I'm really amazed *___* I loved your tutorial. I rarely use them but sometimes I just get the feeling I want to read THAT one and yours happened to be that one xD I love it. Thank you very much!
Yeah, I rarely use tutorials anymore too. PSDs are ten times more helpful IMO Well I'm glad my tutorial drew your eye? I honestly had no idea how to design a tutorial, typo and texture wise, and I would probably change some style choices if I wasn't too lazy to go back now Oh well, function over form right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Haha, you're too generous! :P
I'll never be more than a beginner, though. I know enough to help me at my job from time to time, 'tis enough.

Funnily enough I have to agree. It's pretty but you can easily see that it wasn't a motive you chose yourself
Thanks, but I was just speaking my mind Haha that's perfectly fine though, because I'm sure you're a pro at other types of things that I have no idea how to do

Interesting that you say that. Do I have a type of distinctive motive?

Another crop from SAO. Can't wait for this anime to come out

Wasn't sure if I wanted a border, but the white blends too much with my AS so I chose to go borderless The world needs more bordless signatures anyways :3

Sorry for the crappy updates, but if you all come back in 1-2 weeks I'll probably have something nice to show you
Old 2012-05-12, 05:28   Link #184
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Interesting that you say that. Do I have a type of distinctive motive?
It's more like the details. The way you position the render, do the lighting and effects, it all goes really well with another. Like you had the final product already in your mind before you started.
If that makes any sense ... xD

It's just kind of common sense that creative people are better with stuff they prefer themselves
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 07:16   Link #185
Ray
Garnet

Quote:

Wasn't sure if I wanted a border, but the white blends too much with my AS so I chose to go borderless The world needs more bordless signatures anyways :3
So very simple, but.. I love it ~

Yeah, you're right; the borderless version is nicer ~
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 14:42   Link #186
Mittwoch
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Mittwoch
Rennir, the request is adorable even though it's a bit pink-ish for my tastes. Ugh, pink, but that's not your fault. I actually quite like the texture that you've given to the BG using brushes if I'm not mistaken? It blends well together ^^

Keep it up!
Old 2012-05-25, 15:36   Link #187
Ray
Garnet

Alright! Request time!

Size:: AS-safe, but whatever you think works best for the render provided below.
Render: Asuna! The BG was removed by a friend, and I went over the lines that looked.. off. (Manga editing habits). If you think you can or could do a better job, then let me know and I'll give you the original image. I can also provide you with the image that doesn't have my outline if you so wish.
Text: Aphrah. (Without the period XD)
Border: Ja, if you think it suits the signature. Up to you.
Colours/effects: All up to you. I don't like restraining designers.

I look forward to seeing your result ~

Feel free to ask me about anything.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-05-26 at 11:53.
Old 2012-05-30, 15:29   Link #188
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
It's more like the details. The way you position the render, do the lighting and effects, it all goes really well with another. Like you had the final product already in your mind before you started.
If that makes any sense ... xD

It's just kind of common sense that creative people are better with stuff they prefer themselves
Now that you mention it... I know what you mean Still, gotta work on doing requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
So very simple, but.. I love it ~

Yeah, you're right; the borderless version is nicer ~
Yeah borders are actually unprofessional and look bad on a lot of sigs, especially if you're doing abstract or more detailed stuff. For a crop though, it can go either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittwoch View Post
Rennir, the request is adorable even though it's a bit pink-ish for my tastes. Ugh, pink, but that's not your fault. I actually quite like the texture that you've given to the BG using brushes if I'm not mistaken? It blends well together ^^

Keep it up!
It's pink-ish for my tastes too It's not brushes (looks like we're both wrong ), it's part of a stock I found on the web. Yeah, except for the part that I oversharpened, making the edges look LQ

Btw, there's a lot of other stuff for you to C&C , look back at the last 2-3 pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Alright! Request time!

Size:: AS-safe, but whatever you think works best for the render provided below.
Render: Asuna! The BG was removed by a friend, and I went over the lines that looked.. off. (Manga editing habits). If you think you can or could do a better job, then let me know and I'll give you the original image. I can also provide you with the image that doesn't have my outline if you so wish.
Text: Aphrah. (Without the period XD)
Border: Ja, if you think it suits the signature. Up to you.
Colours/effects: All up to you. I don't like restraining designers.

I look forward to seeing your result ~

Feel free to ask me about anything.
I will get to this ASAP Still brainstorming on how I should do this...
Old 2012-05-30, 15:40   Link #189
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I will get to this ASAP Still brainstorming on how I should do this...
Take yer time ~

I do apologize for giving you a request that seems to be outside of your comfort zone, though. D:
Old 2012-07-24, 20:55   Link #190
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Small update

Old 2012-07-24, 23:58   Link #191
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:

Sorry for the crappy updates, but if you all come back in 1-2 weeks I'll probably have something nice to show you
Quote:
Small update

aw sweet its been a while =)

I love these, and love the way you did the Ichigo one =D
Old 2012-07-25, 06:10   Link #192
Ray
Garnet

Yay, you finally updated your thread ~

Thanks again for the beautiful Asuna, sig. :3

I love the lighting the Ichigo sig. Mmhm.
Old 2012-07-27, 04:45   Link #193
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Small update

Awesome!!!!

love it!!!
Old 2012-07-27, 04:52   Link #194
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Small update

Nice one again as expected from you Ren-kun ^^...

Love the SAO one ^^ and the Ichigo one is really cool
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 06:47   Link #195
Zome.qq
「Assault sniper 」

Send a message via ICQ to Zome.qq
Quote: