Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 10:50   Link #1261
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
News flash:

As in, Shakugan no SHANA SII will be released on June 10th.

Yeah, that's right, it's an S, so I don't really have any reason to believe it's going to pick up from where XVI left off. After a seven month wait (as XVI was released in November), we get an SII in June instead of an XVII, yikes.

Well, I've done my part, discuss...
I have a feeling that this portion of the story will focus on the side characters and what they have been doing upon Yuji and Shana's absence.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:51   Link #1262
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Maybe we might get some Dark/Bipolar Yuji humor.

Though I really haven't read the first S yet so I don't how they're like
Old 2008-04-01, 11:08   Link #1263
Devard

Here's some additional info.
Quote:
Source:
<6月10日発売> 電撃ブートレッグより
◆灼眼のシャナSII
著/高橋弥七郎
イラスト/いとうのいぢ
コミック/笹倉綾人
敵対した悠二とシャナ。二人がまだ通じ合っていた頃の物語『ドミサイル』、ヴィルヘルミナとフィレスの出会 いの物語『ヤーニング』ほか、短編集『S』シリーズ第2弾登場!
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 04:01   Link #1264
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Domicile and Yearning. Such nice names for stories. Especially with a word as obscure as domicile, even though it just means something as simple as "home".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 16:46   Link #1265
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I just now realized the graphic novels are rated 16+ by viz......i dont see how. what i've read theirs been not really any "explicit" content. heck the shows rated 13+ and the show seems pretty tame as it is, i always figured the novels were tamer lol
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 23:52   Link #1266
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I just now realized the graphic novels are rated 16+ by viz......i dont see how. what i've read theirs been not really any "explicit" content. heck the shows rated 13+ and the show seems pretty tame as it is, i always figured the novels were tamer lol
It's probably the text, not the illustrations.
Old 2008-04-05, 00:38   Link #1267
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
It's probably the text, not the illustrations.
Im not sure I understand what you mean? are u saying the text...has like ecchi/risque content.
i've read some fan-translations and I dont recall...really nething.
but it's only for the 2 of the novels?
Old 2008-04-05, 03:43   Link #1268
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Im not sure I understand what you mean? are u saying the text...has like ecchi/risque content.
i've read some fan-translations and I dont recall...really nething.
but it's only for the 2 of the novels?
He's talking about the Novels not the graphic novels
Old 2008-04-05, 04:02   Link #1269
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Ok Im Confused Now.
When u say "It's probably the text, not the illustrations." what exactly are you talking about?
the Graphic Novels are like the Manga....amirite?
whilst the Light Novels are more like well. Books......w/o all the purdy pictures lol?

i just wondered why Viz would list Graphic Novel as 16+ and the Light Novel as 13+

and I also asked way before if the "Graphic Novel" was ecchi or anything (Like ZnT which i really didn't like...)
any everyone said no it's not. but were they talking about the Light Novel or Graphic novel.(aka the manga)

cause The "GN/Manga" isn't ecchi either I assume? amirite?
sorry If I confused everyone. and I know my questions are annoying (i know it's like ecchi or not who cares). but I mean when you see to much ecchi it makes you not want to see other ecchi....since you've already had you fill with it lol....and it's nice to see like "clean" manga/anime thats generally fun/good to watch :_D

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-04-05 at 04:14.
Old 2008-04-05, 21:28   Link #1270
DeotoxSlayer

While the anime, only ending might not be that great, they could successfully move it into a third season, and link it to the Novels

The dissappearing footsteps seem, like they're foreshadowing something, maybe, Yuji "Disappearing" and becoming Sairei no Hebi. Plus they can say that Balle Masque intended the Statue of Pride, to become Sairei no Hebi's body, and Sairei no Hebi became impressed with yuji's resolve while trying to get the Reiji Maigo back, and trying to protect the city. Thus making the Anime only ending, link into Season the Novel material, so what do you guys think???

This post is kinda late seeing as how SnS Season 2 Ended a week ago, but I just around to watching the episode because i've been busy.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 21:30   Link #1271
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

I pity the guy if he can't find a way to write XVII. At this point, since SotF Sakai Yuji is nearly impervious to direct combat, wouldn't he have any mental weaknesses?

Is Johan still completely isolated within the Reiji Maigo or did SotF expel him out?
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 03:34   Link #1272
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
I pity the guy if he can't find a way to write XVII. At this point, since SotF Sakai Yuji is nearly impervious to direct combat, wouldn't he have any mental weaknesses?
It's probably not a writer's block, and if it is, this'll work as a way to allow more time to come up with ideas. It'll also give time to elaborate on the world - putting SnH Sakai Yuuji into perspective.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 19:22   Link #1273
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I still trust the author to deliver an awesome method of dealing with SnH in the end.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:44   Link #1274
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Did anyone read some special edition book I saw running around, titled(Rough translation) Shakugan No Shana: Secrets of the guze or something around the lines of that. I read the back summary its seems more like a guide book in a way featuring the character description etc, also featuring the full story of the Shana and Yuji body switching incident.

Didn't buy it though... Perhaps another day,.
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 07:02   Link #1275
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Did anyone read some special edition book I saw running around, titled(Rough translation) Shakugan No Shana: Secrets of the guze or something around the lines of that.
I'm assuming you're referring to one of these two?

Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:42   Link #1276
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Ok Im Confused Now.
When u say "It's probably the text, not the illustrations." what exactly are you talking about?
the Graphic Novels are like the Manga....amirite?
whilst the Light Novels are more like well. Books......w/o all the purdy pictures lol?

i just wondered why Viz would list Graphic Novel as 16+ and the Light Novel as 13+

and I also asked way before if the "Graphic Novel" was ecchi or anything (Like ZnT which i really didn't like...)
any everyone said no it's not. but were they talking about the Light Novel or Graphic novel.(aka the manga)

cause The "GN/Manga" isn't ecchi either I assume? amirite?
sorry If I confused everyone. and I know my questions are annoying (i know it's like ecchi or not who cares). but I mean when you see to much ecchi it makes you not want to see other ecchi....since you've already had you fill with it lol....and it's nice to see like "clean" manga/anime thats generally fun/good to watch :_D
Oh... that.

Spoiler for Graphic Novel 1:
Old 2008-04-09, 11:37   Link #1277
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Well, after spending a LOTS of time to read all the pages of this thread it seem to be quite some interesting development.

Spoiler for Thoughts about Yuji:

By the way, any Chance that any one who read novel will be bothered to post some more spoilers???
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 01:13   Link #1278
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
Well, after spending a LOTS of time to read all the pages of this thread it seem to be quite some interesting development.

Spoiler for Thoughts about Yuji:

By the way, any Chance that any one who read novel will be bothered to post some more spoilers???
Well, I have a spoiler you may be interested in.
Spoiler for Novel spoiler:
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:58   Link #1279
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Who would have thought of the idea about Konoe and Satou going on a date in the audio drama Nazo no Celebrity Date. Of course, I could be mistaken since I can't find a translation for any of the Shakugan no Shana audio dramas.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 13:47   Link #1280
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
Well, I have a spoiler you may be interested in.
Spoiler for Novel spoiler:

That is a good news

Well, generaly many people talk about SnH Yuji as a bad character or a villian. I dont really think he is one, he is just missunderstood?
Besides, I belive if he suckseeds in "changing the truth" in the end, with help of Shana who will be protecting him.
Then we might get a cliffhanger ending or we might even get a happy ending. I defenetiv go for a happy ending. As if author is going to ruin Shana or Yuji I be pissed off...

Any way, who is the oldest flame haze and his King or lord? Can any one make a little list (Or point into one) that explain how old Alastore compared to Behemoth and other creatures from Guz?
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen