AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-19, 12:24   Link #21
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy will be out for several months, while sidestories like this flashback and getting up to speed with the crew.
Old 2010-04-19, 12:42   Link #22
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

^ that's a great idea, with all the remainder of the crew having their own mini-arc about they trip back to the Shabondy Archipelago (sp?), and setting out to find Luffy.

Spoiler for Way to keep Ace in the story:

-K
Old 2010-04-19, 12:50   Link #23
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, I think the only thing that came out of the previous spoilers that was really off was that the Supernovas were still at Sabondy Archipelago. They were just off shore of Marineford.

Er... yeah, about that..... The thing about the rookies still being at Sabaody was actually kinda my personal conjecture, actually. The spoiler summary simply said that the rookies were "watching the war", so I kinda assumed they were still at Sabaody. Note that I also said that Hancock took Luffy back to Amazon Lily before that was actually confirmed, as well (which actually turned out right! ) Yeah, I guess I should be a little more careful with my words when I post these summaries from now on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Since we saw that Sanji really embarrassed the Okama Way. It really makes you wonder how this will effect him in the long run. Could you just imagine what would happen if Zoro ever saw a picture of what Sanji was dressed like?

Personally, I'd find it highly amusing if living as a tranny put Sanji closer in touch to his "sensitive" (feminine) side. As far as Zoro goes, I'd imagine he'd laugh his ass off at Sanji's plight before he realizes that he's not one to scoff himself, seeing as he was forced to be a ghost loli's prisoner for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
I hope its much more than just luffy co arriving on island and Dadan flashback.At least we should know about Moria's fate.

To be honest, I think it'll be a good while before we learn of Moria's fate. It's pretty much a very similar situation to the one with Bellamy (whose fate is also still up in the air at this time). Only time will tell whether or not the gecko and dachshund survived their encounters with the flamingo.....
Old 2010-04-19, 16:57   Link #24
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Zoro would never let Sanji live it down if he even found out where Sanji had been, much less his activities while there.

So we finally see the mysterious Dadan, eh? Should be good. Still waiting for the fates of the other Straw Hats, though. Robin seems fairly obvious as to how she'll return (revolutionaries must have boats), but the rest of them are going to have a harder time.
Old 2010-04-19, 18:44   Link #25
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Two weeks have passed since the events at Marineford took place. Luffy is still in the middle of recovering. Meanwhile, Iva heads back to Kamabakka with the newkamas.
It's good to see that Ivankov returns to his home. However I am not happy that two weeks in the story has passed and Nami is still stranded where she is. She's been upset since she was separated from Luffy and the crew and I'm not sure waiting to be rescued would make her feel better if she should get back on her own. The longer the separation continues, the more it takes my life away. When I get Million D. Nickel to exist, he would unleash his rage (made from the time it took for the separation to last) killing off half a city to show how he feels about the cruelties made to his ancestors.

Quote:
-A flashback taking place 10 years ago begins. We're finally properly introduced to Dadan, who might actually be female since his/her full name is "Carly Dadan".
As exciting as being introduced to a flashback character is, I don't see how important that would be until I see the Strawhat crew is reunited.

Quote:
Also, remember that there will be another break after this chapter due to the Golden Week holiday (this goes for the rest of the SJ lineup as well, not just OP)....
Yeah, isn't that a pain.
Old 2010-04-19, 19:51   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
As exciting as being introduced to a flashback character is, I don't see how important that would be until I see the Strawhat crew is reunited.
Realistically, Luffy's character development via a flashback is far more important than the characters simply getting back together (even if their .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-19 at 20:39.
Old 2010-04-19, 19:58   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Zoro would never let Sanji live it down if he even found out where Sanji had been, much less his activities while there.

And again, the same can be said for Zoro for being a gothloli's slave. Well, maybe Sanji wouldn't make fun of him (after all, he enjoys getting pussywhipped ), but I imagine the rest of the crew may have a good laugh at Zoro's expense, particularly Usopp (who defeated Perona with the use of rubber bugs).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
So we finally see the mysterious Dadan, eh? Should be good. Still waiting for the fates of the other Straw Hats, though. Robin seems fairly obvious as to how she'll return (revolutionaries must have boats), but the rest of them are going to have a harder time.

Now, now, I wouldn't say everyone else would have a hard time escaping their islands. For one thing, Chopper could easily hitch a ride on one of those giant birds to escape his South Blue confinement, and seeing as Franky is stranded on Dr. Vegapunk's home island, escaping is as easy as building another Battle Franky. We can already assume that Iva is Sanji's ticket to getting out of Kamabakka, so no worries there. However, the rest will probably have a trickier time reuniting with Luffy (especially Nami, who's stuck on a sky island).......
Old 2010-04-19, 20:15   Link #28
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
And again, the same can be said for Zoro for being a gothloli's slave. Well, maybe Sanji wouldn't make fun of him (after all, he enjoys getting pussywhipped ), but I imagine the rest of the crew may have a good laugh at Zoro's expense, particularly Usopp (who defeated Perona with the use of rubber bugs).....
It'd be harder to call Zoro on it, though. Sure, he was stuck with Perona, but it's her word against his if she even leaves the island with him (which she probably would, but not for sure).
Old 2010-04-19, 20:23   Link #29
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Realistically, Luffy's character development is far more important than the characters simply getting back together.
Also Luffy still needs to recover from his injuries before he can meet back with the rest of the Strawhats, I'm wondering if the Newkama have converted Sanji by now.

The way Dadan was talked about I thought he was the mayor from the island on East Blue where Luffy was saved from Shank. Which would also be why he might have been disappointed that a pirate came from their small village, however I won't be surprised if Dadan was Luffy's grandma or related to him in some way.

Ace is probably gonna get Itachi treatment: despite dying he is going to get more screen-time than side characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if each of the strawhats got new crewmembers from the island they were on (Perona, that knight or whatever etc...).

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-19, 21:05   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The way Dadan was talked about I thought he was the mayor from the island on East Blue where Luffy was saved from Shank. Which would also be why he might have been disappointed that a pirate came from their small village, however I won't be surprised if Dadan was Luffy's grandma or related to him in some way.

I can say with utmost confidence that Dadan isn't the mayor. For one thing, the mayor's name is already known (Woop Slap). In fact, Woop Slap was actually the first person in the series to mention Dadan, not long after Luffy got his bounty hike from the Enies Lobby incident ("Does Dadan know about this!?"), so yeah, it isn't him. Pretty much the only thing we know about Dadan so far is that he/she is an old friend of Garp's who took care of Luffy and Ace during his absence. Whatever further importance he/she will have to the story should be revealed during this flashback......
Old 2010-04-19, 21:30   Link #31
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

dadan is actually big mom, one of the yonkou!
Old 2010-04-19, 21:47   Link #32
Rainbowman

Quote:
Realistically, Luffy's character development via a flashback is far more important than the characters simply getting back together.
I noticed you couldn't finish your sentence so I shortened it for you. I can understand that flashbacks are important but right now they don't make me feel better since the Strawhat crew had been separated. I hope Oda could do another interview now that the Whitebeard war is over so we could know what would happen next.
Old 2010-04-19, 21:56   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I noticed you couldn't finish your sentence so I shortened it for you. I can understand that flashbacks are important but right now they don't make me feel better since the Strawhat crew had been separated. I hope Oda could do another interview now that the Whitebeard war is over so we could know what would happen next.
Don't get me wrong, I would like nothing better than for there to be a few chapters detailing the journey of the Strawhats coming back together. But, I want to finish with Luffy first. Better to finish one storyline, before moving on to another.

That being said, it could be interesting to see an arc specifically dedicated to Luffy finding and bringing together all of the Strawhats. It could be similar to the film version of "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen", in which the Baron had to collect his wayward companions before saving the world. I could see Luffy getting into a slew of mini-adventures as he looks for, and groups up with his friends. Then again, such an arc could be considered too extraneous, and them simply getting together could be the best option.
Old 2010-04-19, 22:19   Link #34
hero147

Any thoughts as to whether or not Luffy's back story is a tear-jerker? Luffy's got to get that personality from somewhere.
Old 2010-04-20, 00:20   Link #35
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Being a Goth Loli's prisoner is still 10 times better than being forced to be an Okama though.
Old 2010-04-20, 01:34   Link #36
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I would like nothing better than for there to be a few chapters detailing the journey of the Strawhats coming back together. But, I want to finish with Luffy first. Better to finish one storyline, before moving on to another.

That being said, it could be interesting to see an arc specifically dedicated to Luffy finding and bringing together all of the Strawhats. It could be similar to the film version of "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen", in which the Baron had to collect his wayward companions before saving the world. I could see Luffy getting into a slew of mini-adventures as he looks for, and groups up with his friends. Then again, such an arc could be considered too extraneous, and them simply getting together could be the best option.
That would take TOO long. Of course it would be nice to see how they all get back, but definitely not by Luffy. That would be such a waste of time imo. Instead Luffy can be recovering for weeks and during the chapters we see several pgs on how they do that.
Old 2010-04-20, 03:13   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
That would take TOO long. Of course it would be nice to see how they all get back, but definitely not by Luffy. That would be such a waste of time imo. Instead Luffy can be recovering for weeks and during the chapters we see several pgs on how they do that.
I can't help but feel that Luffy has to earn his crew back. He, more or less, abandoned them to their fates when he decided to pursue Ace instead of making sure his crew was not actually harmed by Kuma. So, I can't see the crew simply getting back together with Luffy before he actually does something to earn back their trust. That is why I mentioned a possible arc in which Luffy would journey to meet his individual crew members, and, figuratively and literally, apologize.

In many respects, Luffy is back at square one, in regards to his dreams and the adventure he is about to undertake. So, it seems fitting that he would also be at square one in regards to his crew.

Yes, such an arc could be long (even a 4-chapter mini-arc for each crew member would clock in at 32 chapters ), but I wouldn't mind a more leisurely arc to follow the hectic mess of the constant battle at Marineford.
Old 2010-04-20, 04:43   Link #38
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
I can't help but feel that Luffy has to earn his crew back. He, more or less, abandoned them to their fates when he decided to pursue Ace instead of making sure his crew was not actually harmed by Kuma. So, I can't see the crew simply getting back together with Luffy before he actually does something to earn back their trust. That is why I mentioned a possible arc in which Luffy would journey to meet his individual crew members, and, figuratively and literally, apologize.

This I can't agree with. I don't think any of luffy's crewmates would hold against him that he didn't come right after them, and also he has general faith in their survival. He knew time was of the essence with ace, so the choice isn't dying crewmates v.s. dying ace. It was find my crew who I have faith that they are alive, or save ace. I think in that decision making process finding the crew could be on hold. Not to mention you have to factor time span in the world of one piece. If it weren't for his injuries the battle for ace took up under a weeks time.
Old 2010-04-20, 04:57   Link #39
seiji_kun

Quote:
Nor Luffy or the strawhats will see Luffy's action as such. I rather think the strawhats would apologize to Luffy cause they couldn't have been any help when it was him that needed their help for once.

You can't really blame Luffy for leaving them to their fate since he had no means at all to save them. Luffy came to the most sensible conclusion from the start, that they'd all be able to reunite at Saobondy Park due to the vivre cards and it was exactly his trust in them that they would be able to pull that of.

And don't a lot of us thought/think that Oda split them so they can all invidually grow bye only depending on their own? Luffy needing to find them would defeat that purpose imo. Let alone that it should be impossible for him to find them cause he hasn't got the slightest clue where they are nor conveniently eternal logue posts of all the islands they are on. The vivre cards have always been a clear indication to me that the strawhats will reunite on Saobondy Park bye themself.

Edit: seems ashesatdusk more or less also said what I thougth.
Old 2010-04-20, 07:17   Link #40
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Er... yeah, about that..... The thing about the rookies still being at Sabaody was actually kinda my personal conjecture, actually. The spoiler summary simply said that the rookies were "watching the war", so I kinda assumed they were still at Sabaody. Note that I also said that Hancock took Luffy back to Amazon Lily before that was actually confirmed, as well (which actually turned out right! ) Yeah, I guess I should be a little more careful with my words when I post these summaries from now on.....
Of all the things that happened in the previous chapter. Taking Luffy back to Amazon Lily seems to make the least amount of sense to me. They are already so close to Sabondy Archipelago. Rayleigh is right there with the Thousand Sunny. Luffy's basically being taken in one odd circle. From Sabondy, to Amazon Lily, to Impel Down, to Marineford, which is a stone's throw of Sabondy; and back to Amazon Lily. Only for him to have to go back to Sabondy at some point.

Law knows that Rayleigh is at Sabondy Archipelago. Luffy has the bit of Vivre Card that leads to him. That's even where the rest of the crew will be heading.

Rayleigh has been able to hide himself there easily enough. Not to mention being able to hide the Thousand Sunny, considering it's twice the size of the Going Merry.