AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 10:47   Link #861
sirn
田舎者言うな

Release details from Animate.

Quote:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica 1
Release date: 2011/03/30
Price: ¥7,350 (Blu-ray Limited Edition)

Package contents:
- Blu-ray disc (episode 1, 2)
- Special CD (Drama CD, Original ending theme)
- Audio commentary
- Tri-fold clear case
- Package illustration by Kishida Takahiro
- Special booklet

Extra contents:
- Episode's unbroadcasted original ending version
Original ending theme? What about Magia?

Full OP lyrics is now available in Goo music. Probably published due to a mistake, since the single hasn't been released yet, so it might get removed soon.

Last edited by sirn; 2011-01-12 at 10:59.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 11:07   Link #862
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Just watched #01, and... seriously, why the fuck does SHAFT have to hipsterize everything? Looks like there still isn't a mahoushoujo series to beat Nanoha, yet. Too bad, because I like the Puni Plush art style and the costumes (especially Madoka's) are adorable. But... WTF paper cutouts? Really, SHAFT? I should have known it'd be like this after Bakemonogatari. Ah well.
Lol. Opinions differ. I don't like all Shaft shows, but I love their Shaftiness. And I think Bakemonogatari was a masterpiece.

As for this show, I think its wonderfulness is just beginning. We shall see.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 11:20   Link #863
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scans:

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2011-01-12 at 23:20. Reason: added one.. fixed some links
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 11:51   Link #864
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
How the series would end... In the first episode!
Was that in ep 1?
Old 2011-01-12, 14:28   Link #865
JONJONAUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Original ending theme? What about Magia?
I think either they mean that the episode was meant to be a bit longer, or that they're putting the ED in instead of putting the credits in the last minute or so of the episode.
JONJONAUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 14:52   Link #866
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJONAUG View Post
I think either they mean that the episode was meant to be a bit longer, or that they're putting the ED in instead of putting the credits in the last minute or so of the episode.
Another source says "Kaname Madoka character song (original ending theme for episode 1, 2)"
So I guess they're going to add a new ED as an extra content for every volume?
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 15:43   Link #867
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
LOL negrepped for complaining.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but if I see any more paper cutout cotton balls with moustaches, I'm going to ragequit.
Old 2011-01-12, 15:54   Link #868
Random Wanderer

Quote:

I'll give it a few more episodes, but if I see any more paper cutout cotton balls with moustaches, I'm going to ragequit.
It's SUPPOSED to look weird and out-of-place. That's the entire point. It's very effective nightmare-fuel for me, and apparently many others watching as well.

Quote:
I wonder if Kyuubey's still calling her despite being taken away by a police officer. This route might result in a BAD END if she ends up going crazy due to hearing Kyuubey's pleas 24/7.
No, she probably wouldn't hear them for much longer at all. In likely just a few minutes they'd stop... forever...
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 15:56   Link #869
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It's SUPPOSED to look weird and out-of-place. That's the entire point.
That doesn't mean people have to like it though. I personally do, though it's not everyone's taste.
Old 2011-01-12, 16:26   Link #870
Dop
Mmmm....

I loved the cutout stuff and the big cotton balls with moustaches. I want to see more of that stuff, and weirder.

Then again I always loved the bits of Zetsubou Sensei where they went out there in different animation styles and stuff.

I don't want to see 'Mahou Shoujo #4852' - I'm hoping this will be unique.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 16:43   Link #871
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:

You might as well stop watching it now then.
Old 2011-01-12, 17:28   Link #872
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post

No, she probably wouldn't hear them for much longer at all. In likely just a few minutes they'd stop... forever...
Unless he became a ghost, forever calling out for help in a pained voice to the girl who failed to save him...wait this is going a weird direction now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I loved the cutout stuff and the big cotton balls with moustaches. I want to see more of that stuff, and weirder.

Then again I always loved the bits of Zetsubou Sensei where they went out there in different animation styles and stuff.

I don't want to see 'Mahou Shoujo #4852' - I'm hoping this will be unique.
It really did reflect a great amount of confusion and otherworldly-ness(not a real word...I think), which it likely was meant to.

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2011-01-12 at 17:39.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:11   Link #873
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
It really did reflect a great amount of confusion and otherworldly-ness(not a real word...I think), which it likely was meant to.
Otherworldliness

Yea that's the sort of feeling I get with that and Bakemonogatari. And I enjoy that feeling a lot.
Old 2011-01-12, 19:16   Link #874
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

I'm going to expect that there are going to be a lot more cotton balls with mustaches around if they appeared from that unnatural thing. So if they only come when the place around our characters starts going bizarre then I'm going to expect them again.. But that's just guessing, we could see things worse then the cotton balls.
Old 2011-01-12, 19:49   Link #875
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Otherworldliness

Yea that's the sort of feeling I get with that and Bakemonogatari. And I enjoy that feeling a lot.
I put that and spell checker said "NO ITS WRONG" so I went against my nature and mashed it.

In any case, I agree. I like the feeling it gives, like separated from reality.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 20:21   Link #876
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3902/magiet.jpg

Somehow, I just realized from Shin's blog that those numbers are the order to use each cosmetic. I wonder how much time to finish all of it.
Suuure, just use all those together if you want to walk around like a circus clown
90% of make-up is completely unneccessary and just an attempt of the make-up industry to get rich quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for saving space:
Nice... I'll translate some of it tomorrow.
Old 2011-01-12, 21:11   Link #877
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I put that and spell checker said "NO ITS WRONG" so I went against my nature and mashed it.

In any case, I agree. I like the feeling it gives, like separated from reality.
For me it's more of a candy for the eyes as well as a mesmerizing feeling. But most of all, a lot of anime try to be polished and clean like KyoAni. With anime like this I feel like I'm being treated to some fresh scenery. It's almost gritty I guess, but not really.
Take the glass buildings/structures for instant. It's a background thing but I like how Shaft still makes it stand out in a way. I sort of feel like they like playing with the stuff (especially Shinbo) that other studios don't really feel like changing. Not that other studios should start making crazy scenes like from Madoka or monogatari.
Old 2011-01-13, 02:19   Link #878
zato_1one

What I think is will the other world vision always be the same like first episode or not? If possible, I would want to see a hellish nightmare like in Silence Hill or Saya no Uta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Suuure, just use all those together if you want to walk around like a circus clown
90% of make-up is completely unneccessary and just an attempt of the make-up industry to get rich quick
But Madoka's mom is hot! She is nowhere like a clown.
Old 2011-01-13, 06:37   Link #879
scr
my sides are in orbit

Hm, next episode of Madoka is about 5 hours from now. It has been a long time since i'm actually counting down the time until the next episode of my favorite TV shows. Waiting for Madoka gives me that heightened sense of anticipation that i haven't been feeling for, uh, years?

Also, i found this... "gem" somewhere in da intarnet.
Spoiler for it's xzibit:

Yeah, sorry for not adding anything to the discussion, folks.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 07:17   Link #880
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That doesn't mean people have to like it though. I personally do, though it's not everyone's taste.
I'm actually surprised so many people liked it. I expected to see a torrent of complaints.

I can't wait for episode 2. I'll try to watch it live again if I can.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen