Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-05-08, 23:28   Link #1
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Overheating DVD?

Is DVD disc possible to overheating? Well here's my story...

One day i'm copying some anime from my friend with a 8x DVD-R disc. The file format is .VOB. Then i'm played it with my pc (DVDRW Multi drive). For the first 3 chapter it went well but the next chapter is rather hard to read. First, i think it's the file problem but when i'm watching again another time, it's ok and after a few more chapter it's happened again. Is this mean that the disc is overheating or sort? Don't really know... But that disc is quite hot after played.

If so i think the cause is because the sticker label too thick and cannot release heat well...

Maybe this sounds really funny but... is this true?

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 01:16   Link #2
toru310

Well you just copied a dvd right? So after you copied the dvd it made so much heat that reading of the dvd became slower I think it's a feature in the dual cooling system in dvd burner

Side topic is it ok to put 2 dvd burners? or is it just stupid? I support over 500w.(I removed the floppy disk since 'm using flashdisk)
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 04:19   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

You mean there are parts that the reading speeds drops like hell? If yes then it's because the DVD that wasn't quite well burned. It depends on how the DVD were made. Sometimes the drive likes and sometimes it doesn't. If you think it's the heat then try it after it has cooled down. If it is still hard to read that means I am right.

All DVD / CD are generally hot if you have used then in the drive for a few mins.