AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-19, 04:39   Link #61
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That's a lot of voice work. I hope the format isn't too "on the rails" I like exploration and not always being forced to go one way or another in a storyline. At least not all at one time.
Hmm, define 'on the rails.' If you mean that you have no chance to go where you want to go, than no, it's not on the rails. Even KotoR gave you the chance to go where you want to, and finish the story at your own pace.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 06:33   Link #62
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I haven't played a new Star Wars game since the episode 1 game for the PC & PS. (Yay, shocking) Even thought the game stink, the one thing i love about the game was the fact you could killed anyone & almost getaway with it!

(I had fond memories of the game like promising a mother to rescue her child in Naboo only to get the kid killed by Droids or I killed the kid myself since his AI was dumb to move so i swipe him with my light saber in frustration. I went to mother who cried & blame me for his death & told me to get out which piss me out since it was the kids fault for being to dumb so i just shot her with blaster.
Another one was when i was bringing the Queen to safety in Corusant, i did nasty things to a lot people. There this one part when some guy had tickets i needed & he would only gave them unless i had cash or some binoculars, so i took the third option: kill him & steal the tickets! When i came to receptionist who was rather dumb to called security despite how many times i told him, i killed him with grenades in frustration. To be fair, he was still gonna get killed by Bounty hunters later. One of the most nasty thing i ever did in that level was i kept torturing the Queen! Everytime i got into a fight or she was going somewhere that i didn't want her to go, i shot her so she would stay still & the best part was that she never complain about it.
But the Tatooine levels were my favorites, since i would harass, annoy or killed the people. I love to annoy bounty hunters to the point they try to shoot me & i always get them to shoot civilians! But the one i enjoy was killing anyone who got near me with my saber or blaster or get a bunch of people piss to the point they try to kill me so i got them to killed the people who were following me in the crossfire. Whenever a kid ever got next next to me & asked "Who ya gonna murder next Mister?" I gleefully smile & say "You!" & killed them! Hearing their screams was rather satisfying. Ah good memories.)

Note: I might sound psychotically disturbing, but what i did in that game was tame compare to what Fallout players did.

Anyway, the old republic looks interesting & the fact you can either be good or bad on both sides sounds good.
I hope to play a good Sith. A good Sith with kickass powers! A good Sith who enjoys being nice to civilians especially to kids but cruel to Jedi's!
Old 2009-07-19, 08:58   Link #63
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In that case you'll love the Knights of the Old Republic games, which allow you to do just that. I recall this one quest on Tatooine where a woman begs you to sell something valuable for her because you have the proper license, and she'll starve without money, so you do that and when she asks for the money you can basically go "Yes I have the money, but you're not getting it! Neener neener neener!"

Or a quest in which you manipulate two rivaling groups for maximum profit, or how about a simple conversation in which you can convince someone to attack an armed guard with his bare fists.

Yes, I really think you'll like those games.
Old 2009-07-19, 11:16   Link #64
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I would love to played KOTOR...if i had a XBOX 360 or a high powered PC.
Old 2009-07-19, 11:41   Link #65
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

High powered? KotoR isn't exactly a top of the line game... I mean, 1 Ghz and 256 MB memory are enough... are your specs really that bad?
Old 2009-07-20, 03:25   Link #66
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
This documentary also indirectly answers one of the questions regarding party dialog, namely the 'who gets to talk' question. If you note the bottom left part of the screen, whenever options are selected, there seems to be a random background roll, and the one with the highest roll 'wins' and gets to talk what he selected.

I find this a very nice solution.
Hm... The rolls also could indicate that it happens only whenever there is no majority with the choosen options.
Here we have 2 people who may choose different stuff to say, so it rolls to see wich one they get. Maybe with 3 people there is no roll at all as soon 2 of them choose the same thing.
Old 2009-07-20, 04:13   Link #67
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You'd still need a roll to decide which of the two gets to do the talking though.
Old 2009-07-20, 05:15   Link #68
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Or the player only sees his own character doing the talking, as it is two players the video can be taken from the two different computers and the developers just mixed it together in the video to show the different voice actors for sith and bounty hunter.

It's funny that I actually see this with mixed feelings.

If it is as I said and you see only your own character than it would be a little boring as I can't here what the others would say.
If it is as you said and they take round in talking I would be a little dissapointed that I can't here what my character would say.

But I do tend to drift a bit more to what you said... a well we shall see.

To bad it didn't helped with the issue of gaining light/dark side points.
Old 2009-07-20, 06:24   Link #69
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I think it's more fun if the system works like an actual conversation. And it'll be tremendously amusing to see how the people react to your friends. Like... say... you're playing the Sith in that movie, and I the bounty hunter. The people all act very aloof towards me (because I'm just scum, after all) while they address you as my lord.

Immersion factor going through the roof there. Besides, you can hear your character often enough when you're soloing anyway.

Though yes... it doesn't solve the light side/dark side thing. Perhaps this is what commenting on the aftermath helps with?
Old 2009-07-28, 15:43   Link #70
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

The people of IGN were able to make contact with some developers and made a Q&A taking questions asked by various fans.

You can find it here.
Old 2009-08-25, 08:29   Link #71
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

People maybe saw it already, but on IGN you can see the game as it is shown on GC 09.
Link to IGN video part 1

Also, the Sith Warrior class was now official revealed. I'm sure an update on the official homepage will come this week.
Old 2009-08-27, 08:01   Link #72
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Wow O_O. After watching the gameplay video, I'm sure there will be lots of people who's want to play Bounty Hunter. The flamethrower and stun grenade was cool lol. On the contrary, the sith and the lightsaber battle isn't as epic as I imagined lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:26   Link #73
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Wow O_O. After watching the gameplay video, I'm sure there will be lots of people who's want to play Bounty Hunter. The flamethrower and stun grenade was cool lol. On the contrary, the sith and the lightsaber battle isn't as epic as I imagined lol.
Yeah I expected more from the Sith/Jedi duels. But seeing them duking it out with blocks and slashes was just as awesome. And 2 lightsabres! Can it get any better than that?!!
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 09:08   Link #74
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm, the sith jedi duel was good I admit, but the moveset is so..... limited. I know that it's better than other MMORPG moveset, but still.... considering the way sith and jedi duel in the movie I expect many more moveset :P
Old 2009-09-03, 10:37   Link #75
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, considering the Sith is merely level 8 I expect the moveset to expand as the levels go on.
Old 2009-09-04, 02:19   Link #76
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, let's hope so. Cuz moist MMORPG moveset doesn't depend on their level, only their skill change according to level. But they do say this is gonna be a brand new experienc of MMORPG so let's all hope so
Old 2009-09-04, 15:42   Link #77
Jaden

I'd say the development will still take a while and they're pretty generous to already be showing gameplay. Either way more KOTOR, and a co-op experience of it is very appealing to me.

What I'm wondering about is what will keep people subscribing to the game, assuming it'll have monthly fees. It's a story driven game, and doesn't seem like an MMORPG at all. That cinematic storyline content can't go on for too long, it'll have to be a relatively short game. It doesn't seem like much of a PvP game, either. Something equivalent to raid instance challenges and guild competition/development doesn't fit well inside the confines of a story...It's hard to imagine what content there could be, besides the central campaign. That'll probably have a good replay value, but still.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 05:45   Link #78
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A new timeline documentary has been released, detailing operatives of the Imperial Intelligence this time.

Hints of an Imperial agent class? I'd like to think so, especially after watching how much of a bunch of sneaky, backstabbing, dangerous bunch they are.
Old 2009-09-05, 06:58   Link #79
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

who needs any other class besides Trooper? the good side should be Jedi and Trooper only XD

TROOPER FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DlHk49S2s

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-09-05 at 19:56.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 07:19   Link #80
Pacify

Concept looks great, the idea of a online version of kotor is awesome... But how exactly it will fit with the more traditional aspects of MMORPG gameplay is hard to say. Having a story is great, but I dont see where or what exactly end game would be. Or exactly what pvp would entail either lol

Still there is a hella lot of promise, after all it is bioware. And it looks good, even in its early production stage :O

Oh and the idea of running around some of the planets from KOTOR/II mmo style is win
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows