AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-18, 22:00   Link #81
MgMaster

I'm like, very glad I got to watch such a classic that I had no clue about that was adapted pretty damn well to our current era.

In the end, it doesn't matter if Ryo/Satan learned a valuable lesson at the end, because it was simply too late given all the damage he's caused. Yea, all the hysteria is overblown but it nevertheless manages to drive it's point across. While the anime still gives us with that hope carrot for a while with the kids & people hugging Akira & someone like Miki influencing people for the better in a crisis, it just wasn't enough.

And then I'm just considering how different things would've turned out if more people like her,Akira,Miki no2 & even the rappers dudes were around. After all, some of them are bound to fall to the crazed masses even after they've delivered their msg and it's not enough without another similar figure(or well, multiple ones) constantly reinforcing it.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 08:21   Link #82
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
I'm like, very glad I got to watch such a classic that I had no clue about that was adapted pretty damn well to our current era.

In the end, it doesn't matter if Ryo/Satan learned a valuable lesson at the end, because it was simply too late given all the damage he's caused. Yea, all the hysteria is overblown but it nevertheless manages to drive it's point across. While the anime still gives us with that hope carrot for a while with the kids & people hugging Akira & someone like Miki influencing people for the better in a crisis, it just wasn't enough.

And then I'm just considering how different things would've turned out if more people like her,Akira,Miki no2 & even the rappers dudes were around. After all, some of them are bound to fall to the crazed masses even after they've delivered their msg and it's not enough without another similar figure(or well, multiple ones) constantly reinforcing it.
Yeah, it's really a "critical mass" thing. You need enough sane people around to keep the others from going nuts. Though in these kind of fantasy scenarios I always see an issue. The whole "we're different but we shouldn't hate each other" makes much more sense when talking about human races or nationalities. But demons here literally have a urge to eat people, and can't exist without possessing someone's body. And I don't see many ways to compromise with that. Ultimately, it's not ideology that pits them against human, it's simple survival. The issue is with humans also becoming completely hysterical out of fear and effectively doing more harm than good to themselves.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 08:26   Link #83
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, it's really a "critical mass" thing. You need enough sane people around to keep the others from going nuts. Though in these kind of fantasy scenarios I always see an issue. The whole "we're different but we shouldn't hate each other" makes much more sense when talking about human races or nationalities. But demons here literally have a urge to eat people, and can't exist without possessing someone's body. And I don't see many ways to compromise with that. Ultimately, it's not ideology that pits them against human, it's simple survival. The issue is with humans also becoming completely hysterical out of fear and effectively doing more harm than good to themselves.
This is where Yuasa messed up, or rather completely changed the demons because he needed to push his boring "what is love" theme, IMO.

Spoiler for Devilman Manga, Devilman Lady spoilers, some Demon Lord Dante talk:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 13:46   Link #84
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is where Yuasa messed up, or rather completely changed the demons because he needed to push his boring "what is love" theme, IMO.

Oooh, that makes sense. Gotta read that manga I guess.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 09:28   Link #85
zztop

I've watched up to the part where Akira wakes up to find he's creamed his bedroom ceiling with his new sexual drive.
It's like Scary Movie 1, except Anna Faris wasn't on the receiving end here...

*imagines Brenda Meeks (Regina Hall) having a 1 to 1 fight with Sirene, thug-style*

"Imma whoop her turkey ass, Cindy! Get the cranberry sauce ready!"
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 02:01   Link #86
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror thriller