AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 21:16   Link #581
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty sure it's not the blood that cause's the infection there friend the one that dies hints that it's the bites that infect people and not the blood, if it was the blood the whole main cast would be zombies by now.
wait what are you talking about 28 days or Highschool of the dead?
because if its Highschool of the Dead thats what i said.
Old 2010-02-14, 10:23   Link #582
Rockin'Squat

Is there a real date for the next chapter of HOTD?
Can't wait for next chapters !!

I heard 02/09/2010 but no further news and I didn't see any raws !
Rockin'Squat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:46   Link #583
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
wait what are you talking about 28 days or Highschool of the dead?
because if its Highschool of the Dead thats what i said.
Here is the info you need

* The manga contains at least one reference to the film Shaun of the Dead on the first page of Chapter 3, in which a gas station attendant bearing an uncanny resemblance to the protagonist, Shaun, where the only difference is that saimon has more facial hair, is shown with a blank stare, along with his signature cricket bat beside him.

* In Chapter 3, "Democracy Under the Dead", when Komuro and Miyamoto split up of the rest of the team (due to a fire between them), and agreeing to meet each other at the police station, is a reference to Resident Evil 2 when the game's main characters Leon and Claire are separated by a fire after leaving the crushed police car, and swearing that they will meet each other at a police station.

* One of the main characters, Kohta Hirano, bears similarity to the creator of the Hellsing manga series, Kouta Hirano.

* Several locations that are generally seen in the zombie genre are visited throughout the later chapters, including a mall similar to the one seen in Dawn of the Dead.

* "28 Years Later" is seen on a shirt, a reference to the 28 Days Later film series.

* Several real life American government officials are portrayed in the manga. In Act 8, a zombie that looks similar to Condoleezza Rice is shot in the head when she attempts to attack two Secret Service members on Air Force One, and the president, who greatly resembles George W. Bush is bitten in the hand when he talks to the Speaker of the House in a flashback.

* In Chapter 22, "Dead Rush", the gun store shown on page 16 looks remarkably similar to the gun store that the film character Andy is stranded in across the mall parking lot in the remake version of Dawn of the Dead. It also contains fundamental portions from said film.

So as you can see, many ideas are from famous movies like 28 days later and Dawn of the dead, plus Resident evil.

But still thats what makes it so great.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:19   Link #584
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'Squat View Post
Is there a real date for the next chapter of HOTD?
Can't wait for next chapters !!

I heard 02/09/2010 but no further news and I didn't see any raws !
It's coming out at March. But I heard from another website that it'll only continue for another 2 chapters, is that true? ಥ_ಥ
Old 2010-02-14, 20:01   Link #585
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
It's coming out at March. But I heard from another website that it'll only continue for another 2 chapters, is that true? ಥ_ಥ
I dont think so it would be then pointless to start the manga again just too make an ending that will upset everyone.
Old 2010-02-14, 20:29   Link #586
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont think so it would be then pointless to start the manga again just too make an ending that will upset everyone.
The arc is going to end from what I heard; The mall arc whatever that means.
Old 2010-02-14, 21:11   Link #587
Wargumm1i
Hentai

oh an arc, thats good I was getting bored too hell with the mall arc, I was hoping for them too move out soon.
Old 2010-02-14, 21:56   Link #588
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

they will either finish the series off with this arc or do another arc to finish the series. all depending on how may series the anime is contracted for. because they usually dont make a anime series based on manga that either isnt finished or going to be finished.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:11   Link #589
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
they will either finish the series off with this arc or do another arc to finish the series. all depending on how may series the anime is contracted for. because they usually dont make a anime series based on manga that either isnt finished or going to be finished.
I am going to kindly disagree with you; if you look at most anime that are based on MANGA most are not even close to being done. No anime based on a manga would ever get produced. I would be surprised if this series ends anything soon.
Old 2010-02-15, 01:32   Link #590
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Maybe they're going to end it soon because they ran out of ideas? The authors can end it just to put it aside and get it over with, then again that's a little selfish on their part and hopefully they wouldn't.
I'm hoping it'll last at least 50 more chapters or so. It's way too early to end it in just 2 chapters and there can be so much done in this manga. It's essentially another genre of it's own, like One Piece using a theme of pirates, Naruto for ninjas and etc. This one can be twisted in many ways so the plot is bound to be able to spread out nicely; IF done correctly. I'm guessing it's the first time anyone has done a zombie outbreak manga so starting with this one, they can add all kinds of ideas from the movies or games.
Old 2010-02-15, 04:01   Link #591
Arturro

Berserk, Claymore, Rosario to Vampire, Negima, Sekirei, almost any animated manga from WSJ etc. There are a lots of manga series still in serialization when anime based on those manga was aired. As a rule anime increases interest in manga - so ending manga when anime is aired is not smart .
As of ideas - they just need to watch a few zombie movies to gain new ideas, not to mention they always could use interactions between characters to create plot and there are a few lose lines - like what happened with parents of protagonists, sensei friend/lover working as AT member on airport and main question - what is happening? Without even looking for new ideas authors have material for a 3 or 4 arcs.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 09:51   Link #592
Sinta

Depending on how complex they want to make the outbreak is really the determining factor of long and complex they want to he plot to be; all other plot developments come out of the Zombies so of course its going to be hard to move the plot without finding out where "them" came from. The relationship structure as well screams long term development. Tansnhi has Saya, Rei and Senepi and eventually he will have to not necessarily choose; I don't know if they will go that route. But they will have to work out what's going on with that little development. Also we still have to get all the characters together, like the sniper chick?, so they have alot of stuff to work with. I also seriously doubt they are out of ideas; the serious developments are all about survival; just get more stuff that threatens their survival.

Last edited by Sinta; 2010-02-15 at 14:20.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 15:17   Link #593
TigerII
Pilot in Training

If they want to make it complex and more series, they are going to have to most likely escape Japan. That nation is too dense to stay. They will need to find a much larger population of people in an isolated area, such as islands further south in the pacific, or barren places in Russia.

Unless they find more people, bottle necking will occur in the gene pool. So several generations later, they all might have a disease of some sort that can wipe out the entire group.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 15:19   Link #594
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After running through the few chapters available, I can say it's been lots of fun so far; the first few chapters did a good job delivering the doomsday feeling, especially Takashi's narrative panels at the end of each chapter, and following up the author managed to light up the mood in such a serious situation. The mall arc was a good beginning, but it's actually from here on that the manga's worth is going to show...there's tons of possible scenarios, or even a combination of some, looking forward to the next chapter...whenever that may be
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 21:14   Link #595
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I am going to kindly disagree with you; if you look at most anime that are based on MANGA most are not even close to being done. No anime based on a manga would ever get produced. I would be surprised if this series ends anything soon.
hmmm true. but i guess thats why you get terribly ended anime series that never do the manga justice.
Old 2010-02-15, 21:24   Link #596
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
eg. the Suzuka anime but the ending to Suzuka's manga was just as bad in terms of how quickly it spiralled out of control.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 10:40   Link #597
Gin
*Artist

I hope they take the fight to the zombies at some point, people just running away from zombies gets old, one of the things I liked most about World War Z was the fact that they weren´t content to just find some place safe and ride out the storm.
Old 2010-02-16, 11:39   Link #598
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Well if you look at it objectively: There is a small group of survivors and a much bigger number of zombies. It would be suicidal to engage them in battle.

However it's not like they would manage to sneak around the zombies without being noticed everytime
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 12:38   Link #599
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The fact that they can't see is actually very entertaining: the survivors can use heat/sound tricks (like flares, fireworks, whatever) to make the battles very one-sided in their favor.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 20:29   Link #600
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Well if you look at it objectively: There is a small group of survivors and a much bigger number of zombies. It would be suicidal to engage them in battle.

However it's not like they would manage to sneak around the zombies without being noticed everytime
sure they can havent you seen shaun of the dead?

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies