AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-06-01, 19:19   Link #21
rladls2121

It makes me think, Kaido's past might be something like that of Big Mom's too.

Carmel actually reminds me of Bakkin, who claims to be the person who loved Edward Newgate.
I mean their motivations kind of similar, at first I thought Carmel was Bakkin, she is taming Weevil.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 21:57   Link #22
adriankhoo153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
With BM's connections after all these years i find it hard to believe that she couldn't have been able to track down Caramel in some way. She really is dumb if she can't figure out that she ate them that day. Interesting to see if that is truly how she got the df ability.
I gues BM knows that she ate Mother Caramel. Just that she couldn't accept the reality that she is indeed the one who kill her most loveable Mother Caramel. Hence she kept the photo of Mother Caramel and brush aside the reality that she is the one that ate and kill her.
adriankhoo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 23:31   Link #23
marvelB

Yeah, after reading the chapter, I'm most definitely convinced that Linlin gobbled up Caramel and the orphans. It's actually not that strange when you remember that she ate one of her own men when she was first introduced at the end of the mermaid island arc (of course, it could also have easily been one of the homies that she ate, but it's not 100% guaranteed yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You can't gain a DF power by eating the user. You have to eat the fruit, which materializes after the users death.
Well... in a sense, once the power has been transferred to a body, wouldn't the body itself become the "fruit"? Plus, as was already brought up before, it's even a potential explanation for how Blackbeard was able to acquire Whitebeard's quake power for himself so shortly after the man's death. Heck, I'm even reminded of a theory involving Teach eating WB's brain back at the time those chapters came out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
With BM's connections after all these years i find it hard to believe that she couldn't have been able to track down Caramel in some way. She really is dumb if she can't figure out that she ate them that day.
I'm pretty much with adriankhoo153 on this: Most likely, Linlin did figure out the truth (maybe not as a kid, but definitely as she got older), but she's in extreme denial because she can't accept having ended her mother figure's life in such a cruel fashion. Though that does make me really curious as to how she would have reacted to Caramel's true character.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 23:46   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah after re-reading the chapter, I think this chapter is one of the most creepiest I've read from One Piece so far

not even single trace of blood left and this confirmed that Linlin could eat everything
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 23:53   Link #25
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well... in a sense, once the power has been transferred to a body, wouldn't the body itself become the "fruit"? Plus, as was already brought up before, it's even a potential explanation for how Blackbeard was able to acquire Whitebeard's quake power for himself so shortly after the man's death. Heck, I'm even reminded of a theory involving Teach eating WB's brain back at the time those chapters came out....
So far we know, that after a user's death the fruit materializes itself nearby. If the body of the fruit user could provide the same, then why is the fruit needed at all?
It's not that I completely oppose this idea, I just think that if it were really possible to gain a DF power by eating the user, than it's such an important information, that we should have already heard about it in more than 800 chapters before.

And then there would be the question: Why wasn't Caramel able to fight back? Or prevent beeing eaten in any other way?

Quote:
Though that does make me really curious as to how she would have reacted to Caramel's true character.....?
She should know by now. If she made any efforts in researching about Mother Caramel, she should have gotten this information.

BTW, Big Mom should be a good research object for Cesar's research on gigantism.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 01:27   Link #26
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Recalling about the previouses chapter where Burgess attempt to take Luffy's Gomu gomu power by killing him but prevented by Sabo on Dressrosa. There are two cores of Devil Fruit user, Heart and Brain. Possibly if Burgess obtained both of it before the Devil Fruit effect is out, he can be a Gomu gomu fruit user as well.

Possibly this is also happened at Charlotte Linlin as well where she inherit that power through devouring Mother Caramel alive. The brain have several minutes before completely malfunctioned after their death so most likely it makes sense that Teach utilize "Golden Time" to get what he need from Shirohige to get Gura Gura No Mi.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 02:08   Link #27
Kaz_

If she really did cannibalize them, this is getting scarier by the second. And Im believeing it too, with screams from distance, soul fruit transaction...everything seems to lead to it. I love it when One Piece goes full horror once in a while.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 02:23   Link #28
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I believe she already cannibalize her subordinate on Fishman Island Arc if i remember it correctly.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 02:33   Link #29
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's not that I completely oppose this idea, I just think that if it were really possible to gain a DF power by eating the user, than it's such an important information, that we should have already heard about it in more than 800 chapters before.
Maybe it's simply not known. I mean cannabilism isn't really a thing people normally do

Quote:
And then there would be the question: Why wasn't Caramel able to fight back? Or prevent beeing eaten in any other way?
The Soul Soul Fruit isn't exactly combat oriented, though. Caramel did have the fire spirit, but it wouldn't shock me if Linlin could tank it without a scratch, and there's no proof Caramel was good at fighting.

Quote:
She should know by now. If she made any efforts in researching about Mother Caramel, she should have gotten this information.
It was probably a number of years after the fact that Big Mom had the resources to do any in depth search, and by that time the folks who might have known in the underworld (probably a limited amount, or her scam wouldn't have worked) are either dead or retired, same with her government contacts.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 03:17   Link #30
Kaz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I believe she already cannibalize her subordinate on Fishman Island Arc if i remember it correctly.
Yeah she did. Subordinates however were disposible nobodies, didnt effect me much than Moria slaying his own Zombies to empower himself. Devouring your own family without even realizing it in a birthday event is a different type of nightmare fuel.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 13:04   Link #31
itachi-san314

We don't know how long the eating rampage went on. Maybe she killed/ate Caramel and a nearby fruit turned into the Soul DF and then Linlin ate that too

Also, shame on her for leaving the clothes behind and not finishing her meal
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 15:10   Link #32
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

While we know she ate them in regards to fighting back, wouldn't the other kids have run away though. They all knew she could easily kill them and once she had grabbed the first kid the others could have tried to at least run away. It still is kind of strange.

In regards to the df ability being taken, it might be the area and time around the person during their immediate death, but after time has passed after a user's death the new df fruit does not appear in the same place the previous user died correct?

Trying to remember but was it said where Dofla found ace's df?
Old 2017-06-02, 18:56   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As far as we know, the way it works is that the closest compatible fruit (I assume it can't be any fruit or it'd just be too easy) gets turned into a devil fruit once the user die. We saw it happen during the Caesar arc.