AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 5 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-26, 13:03   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 05:55   Link #2
Ultragunner

eh....is it me or there is some weird animation with Frankenstein in this episode?
Old 2017-08-27, 06:53   Link #3
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Yay! Boyfriend to the rescue, in the end!
Just makes you wonder how both Sieg & Astolfo are bonded together as if it's like pure love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
eh....is it me or there is some weird animation with Frankenstein in this episode?
People are gonna roast A-1 about it. But hey, it's not always perfect in fast pace frame rate.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 08:44   Link #4
Wigwams

yeah, fran's face during her mental breakdown was animated very poorly.

you know astolfo is a guy right?
Old 2017-08-27, 09:34   Link #5
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
you know astolfo is a guy right?
Don't ask, don't care. I rather want to see Astolfo as a girl, regardless of trap gender. I don't care if it's guy or girl, all I can acknowledge is that Astolfo is too deceptively talks, acts, behaves like a girl.
Old 2017-08-27, 09:42   Link #6
Tenzen12

He seems himself as guy though and will tell anyone who ask and even some who don't...
Old 2017-08-27, 09:46   Link #7
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He seems himself as guy though and will tell anyone who ask and even some who don't...
The "boku" should have been a hint for it... But still... *my innocence has been played like a fiddle*
Old 2017-08-27, 12:19   Link #8
Twi

Review here. Those Homunculi sure switched sides fast and Shakespeare was a dick there.
Old 2017-08-27, 12:25   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

That Millenia-guy sure like the sound of his own voice eh? I mean, he actually talked to himself out loud about the history of how he obtained the grail when he was alone for no reason at all except to provide the viewers with info. That is such a lame way of having exposition. That's not much different from other B-grade LN adaptations out there. He might as well join James Bond villains while he's at it. Does the author really couldn't come up with a better way to present exposition? Even the newest season of Yu-Gi-Oh! anime that's airing now is doing exposition better than that. At least the characters don't suddenly talk to themselves outta nowhere spouting history. And speaking of "liking the sound of their own voices", some characters talk a bit too much this episode. Ruler talked to herself aloud about finding master in the floating garden etc and even Chiron can't help to ramble even during the slow-mo moments of him fighting Achilles. That's like straight outta shonen anime .

And once again, what the fuck is your problem, Dr. Frankenstein? You created an intelligent cute zombie who's able to learn yet instead of teaching her things, you beat the crap outta her? WTF? You're the one who behave like an insane monster compared to Fran.

Also, what's Mordred's problem with a hero dying for what he believes in? Isn't that what heroes do? Yet she mocks Siegfried for that?
Old 2017-08-27, 14:23   Link #10
Twi

Mordred probably thinks that if he was good he wouldn't have died at all. Seems to be cocky enough, whereas her father would be able to relate to Siegfried's death.
Old 2017-08-27, 15:02   Link #11
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Kinda nice episode , especially that fight between Shirou and Frakenstein .
But i`m still confused as hell of one thing : who are the bad guys and who are the good guys ( i know you are laughing so hard right now , i`ll be laughing too)
Old 2017-08-27, 15:03   Link #12
Twi

Give it a few episodes and that'll sort itself out. Just enjoy the pretty lights as the Servants beat each other senseless.
Old 2017-08-27, 15:45   Link #13
Moekou
Stardust is Delicious~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
Kinda nice episode , especially that fight between Shirou and Frakenstein .
But i`m still confused as hell of one thing : who are the bad guys and who are the good guys ( i know you are laughing so hard right now , i`ll be laughing too)
There usually aren't clear-cut good and bad guys in most wars.
Moekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 16:00   Link #14
4th Dimension

Well the Black faction is SUPPOSED to be the bad guys, but they are so RIDICULOUSLY outclassed by the BS Red faction brought to the field that you can't help but cheer their stupid DOOMED asses on.

Protagonists are actually Sieg and Joan de Arce me thinks. And the antagonist is the Red faction Ruler.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 20:32   Link #15
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Review here. Those Homunculi sure switched sides fast and Shakespeare was a dick there.
that isnt a review, its a play by play. Very poorly done one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moekou View Post
There usually aren't clear-cut good and bad guys in most wars.
Sieg and Ruler are the good guys from what Ive seen. Everyone else can be considered baddies, though probably only 4 characters in this show are explicitly "evil"

Best episode so far, we get to see just how many NP Astolofo has. I bet this episode made a whole bunch of people willing to fork out some gems for F/GO gacha
Old 2017-08-28, 01:49   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, there are a lot of people I'd call bad to mixed in this series. Honestly the only ones I'm feeling entirely positive about are Jeanne, Sieg and Astolfo. A nod to Siegfried as well I suppose .

Though there are definitely tiers for the rest of the cast. At the top of the unsettling bunch are the two main 'leaders' of their factions. The Priest has basically brainwashed and stolen the command seals/servants of his faction. Darnic clearly has his own goals and means of winning this war for himself. He doesn't really need to brainwash his faction that severely since they for some reason have a lot of faith that he won't betray them....which seems misplaced.

There are characters more in the grey area. Which makes sense since this is a war. Mordred has her own value system. She doesn't want to go around wiping out civilians if she can help it. But she will also scorn at the kind of sacrifice of Siegfried or Astolfo's principles. But everyone has their own value system.

This was a good episode for establishing what various characters can do. Huge props to Jeanne who basically tanked a magic cannon from that flying fortress without too much trouble. Nice little verbal shot thrown at Assassin as well . Spartacus isn't ridiculously powerful, but he is annoying and tough to finish off.

Chiron and Achilles are off fighting their own little war. Though Chiron is still a bit sloppy. He could have won this battle earlier if he didn't want to chat it up so much . The figght with the Priest and Berserker could have gone either way. Which says a lot about what that guy is capable of. Though it was Shakespeare that really messed her up. Frankenstein was a jerk. No wonder she doesn't want to carry that name. Geeze guy...you basically created a blank slate/fresh life. Did that guy go around slapping other people's babies and children because they didn't have fully formed personalities upon birth?
Old 2017-08-28, 12:48   Link #17
wissenschaft

Awww, Beserker of Black is best waifu. I felt so bad for her. All she wanted was to be loved by her creator and when in the illusion she thought she killed her creator she broke down in tears. Poor girl, she just needs a hug. Also, sort of a case of And I must scream, she wants scream out an angry rant but her madness enchantment stops her from speaking. Poor girl.
Old 2017-08-28, 13:07   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, a Zouken cameo. Even better: a dying Zouken cameo!

Shirou went toe to toe with a Berserker. That's well beyond what a human should be able to do, but it's not like this is the first time that's happened in a Fate series. Though there were specific circumstances every time I can think of. It's kind of the case here too, as he was bestowed a noble phantasm by Shakespeare.

Spartacus looked like he came straight out of Resident Evil 2. The hell is up with him? Trying to aim for the head to kill him would be a start, but at this point I'm not even sure that'd work.
Old 2017-08-28, 14:35   Link #19
wissenschaft

Spartacus doesn't seem anywhere near as strong as other berserkers but his regenerative ability sure is impressive.
Old 2017-08-28, 14:39   Link #20
Tenzen12

He is very likely stronger than Fran, physically speaking. NP might be completely different matter. He is also very likely stronger than SF Jack the ripper.

Edit: Yeah Spartacus is better than Fran in everything but Luck and Mana. His raw strenght is on pair with Lancelot though he loose in every other aspect, but endurance which is basically limitless.