AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-09, 11:48   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Aldnoah.Zero - General Character Discussion - Earthlings

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss the characters on the Earth side of the war that don't have their own thread.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aldnoah.Zero fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Old 2014-08-15, 09:33   Link #2
Thess

Name: Inko Amifumi.
Height: 165 cm.
Birthrate: April 11th.
Blood Type: A.

Name: Calm Craftman.
Height: 175 cm.
Birthrate: January 23rd
Blood Type: B.

Name: Nina Klein.
Height: 158 cm.
Birthrate: March 2nd.
Blood Type: O.

Name: Okisuke Mikuni.
Height: 170 cm.
Birthrate: July 15th.

Name: Kisaki Matsuribi.
Height: 170 cm.
Birthrate: October 3rd.

Name: Yūtarō Tsumugi.
Height: 176 cm.
Birthrate: April 25th.

Name: Yuki Kaizuka
Height: 168 cm.
Birthrate: August 18th.

Incomplete information:

Name: Koichirō Marito.
Height: 183 cm.
Birthrate: ?
Blood Type: ?

Name: Sōma Yagarai.
Height: 180 cm.
Birthrate: ?
Blood Type: ?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2014-08-16 at 08:51. Reason: oops I put 23 instead of 2
Old 2014-08-17, 22:03   Link #3
Death Usagi
Banned

Makes me wonder if the Earthlings are pretty much doomed in other countries ._.
Old 2014-08-27, 07:50   Link #4
SineMora
Wait for it...

Mars: Kills a shitload of people using super alien science that they themselves don't understand...
Earth: Kills 3 OP Mechs with only a single bright orange trainer, and lots of practical science...

Mars might have hit us first, but as long as there is a single human who haven't given up on despair... they will find a way to beat it to Mars' large head...
Old 2014-09-04, 20:29   Link #5
AverageFan

In episode 9 Calm said something along the lines of the martians looking exactly like normals earth humans. And that one can not tell the difference unless they were told. Meaning that he and possible others had a different image of what a martian looks like and is. This states a disconnect between the two groups. And maybe purposeful incomplete information.
Old 2014-09-04, 21:48   Link #6
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageFan View Post
In episode 9 Calm said something along the lines of the martians looking exactly like normals earth humans. And that one can not tell the difference unless they were told. Meaning that he and possible others had a different image of what a martian looks like and is. This states a disconnect between the two groups. And maybe purposeful incomplete information.
Obviously because they are human! They speak like one, look like one, have emotion and just as destructive as human are. But the only different is that in term of brain cells, Martian only equal 50 percent of a regular Terran.

Actually the only incomplete infos on the Terran's side is that there a Martian Kat hidden in Tanegashima.
Old 2014-09-04, 21:57   Link #7
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageFan View Post
I think it's probably from the fact that most of the teens were born after all the major events that involved Martians. And it doesn't seem to be that the Martians come down to Earth all that often. Now, we know they do, since we have Wolf and Rayet and company on Earth and also Cruhteo says at one point that no Martians have come to Earth that would be able to power an Aldnoah drive, which suggest that SOME regular ones at least have. Martians, because of their pride and elitest attitude probably try their best not to mix with humans nor advertise their presence. Rayet grew up on Earth, and yet her father kept her away from Terran society, even while that would have helped their cover. Martians are mysterious to those who know nothing or little of their origins. (Calm was horrible in school remember.)

It reminds me a little of when Romulans were first shown in Star Trek and how everyone had known about them but no one knew what they looked like and they were shocked that they looked just like Vulcans.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-23, 00:36   Link #8
lubczyk

Darzana needs to shape up in the 2nd season. From firing turrets one at time at a single advancing enemy to giving no tactical advice at all aside from episode 11's suicide run, she is in the running for the worst ship captain of all time. She lost 2 ships in like 7 episodes, impressive.

I wanted to punch her in the face everyone she gave Kaoru shit for not having a man. She's so incompetent. She has no place to talk to other people about taking risks.

Sorry, this might be the wrong thread, but I really needed to get that off my chest.
Old 2014-09-23, 03:05   Link #9
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Darzana needs to shape up in the 2nd season. From firing turrets one at time at a single advancing enemy to giving no tactical advice at all aside from episode 11's suicide run, she is in the running for the worst ship captain of all time. She lost 2 ships in like 7 episodes, impressive.

I wanted to punch her in the face everyone she gave Kaoru shit for not having a man. She's so incompetent. She has no place to talk to other people about taking risks.

Sorry, this might be the wrong thread, but I really needed to get that off my chest.
I think the "dating joke" is more of a turn of phrase joke between the two and has really nothing to do with the dear XO's love life. These two look like they've been working together for awhile, it's how they communicate.

As for Darzana's captain skills, I think she's pretty down to Earth most of the time, though I do wish we could see deeper into her character. At least she's still alive, which is more than many of the rest of UFE command can say. She at least still had a ship.

Most of UFE command has been getting their butts beat by the Martians, at least Darzana holds her own.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-23, 07:05   Link #10
Ryuga

I actually liked Darzana, she was no nonsense (when she continued to condescend Inaho, that was pretty funny) but could have a bit of a laugh as well.

I'm glad that Yuki and Inko are still alive, I figured at least one of them were goners. Hoping that in season 2, Yuki'll strut more of her stuff, I really like her character. Those two'll be devastated when they find Inaho.

Hoping Marito survives, I like that guy.
Old 2014-09-23, 10:01   Link #11
Death Usagi
Banned

So, I wonder Earthlings will become slaves towards the Martians or will go in hiding. After Inaho dying(?), and since Russia HQ, which was the last defense for the Earthlings pretty much, got owned easily by Saazbaum, I doubt it would survive if it received another attack by another Orbital Knight, which means the Earthlings would be forced to flee or be captured by the Martians or killed on the spot.
Old 2014-09-23, 10:11   Link #12
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
So, I wonder Earthlings will become slaves towards the Martians or will go in hiding. After Inaho dying(?), and since Russia HQ, which was the last defense for the Earthlings pretty much, got owned easily by Saazbaum, I doubt it would survive if it received another attack by another Orbital Knight, which means the Earthlings would be forced to flee or be captured by the Martians or killed on the spot.
I'm going to say that they'll probably be on the run and in hiding in the areas the Knights don't want. The Martians are looking for the areas with the most resources, and they don't seem to be actively chasing the Terrans unless they're in their territory. Terrans are too below their notice.

Also with the princess dead and/or missing, the Deucalion is pretty much useless, and that's if they didn't total it by crashing it into the castle. So yeah, I think they're on foot and land vehicles right now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-23, 10:46   Link #13
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm going to say that they'll probably be on the run and in hiding in the areas the Knights don't want. The Martians are looking for the areas with the most resources, and they don't seem to be actively chasing the Terrans unless they're in their territory. Terrans are too below their notice.

Also with the princess dead and/or missing, the Deucalion is pretty much useless, and that's if they didn't total it by crashing it into the castle. So yeah, I think they're on foot and land vehicles right now.
Typically Japanese will always end the show with some sort of co-existent or peace between the enemies (because of the Japanese's pacifist nature thingy). While I admitted, I hated the fact that the Terran lost and Mars didn't get nuked, it refreshing for once that it depicted a realistic approach to war. No stupidly forced "co-existent" ending like Age. Regretfully there no justice for Terran...
Old 2014-09-23, 12:05   Link #14
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I actually liked Darzana, she was no nonsense (when she continued to condescend Inaho, that was pretty funny) but could have a bit of a laugh as well.

I'm glad that Yuki and Inko are still alive, I figured at least one of them were goners. Hoping that in season 2, Yuki'll strut more of her stuff, I really like her character. Those two'll be devastated when they find Inaho.

Hoping Marito survives, I like that guy.

Darzana is tasty.
Old 2014-09-23, 12:58   Link #15
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think the "dating joke" is more of a turn of phrase joke between the two and has really nothing to do with the dear XO's love life. These two look like they've been working together for awhile, it's how they communicate.

As for Darzana's captain skills, I think she's pretty down to Earth most of the time, though I do wish we could see deeper into her character. At least she's still alive, which is more than many of the rest of UFE command can say. She at least still had a ship.

Most of UFE command has been getting their butts beat by the Martians, at least Darzana holds her own.
I found she was barely relevant for the most part which is unusual for ships captains in mecha anime since usually they end up being a pretty major and important character yet by the end it almost felt like she was taking orders from Mr. :-| face

Really most of the Earth forces just feel so utterly useless for the most part though that she doesn't come across as all that bad strictly in comparison yet her subplot with Marito pretty much doesn't go anywhere at all and mostly stops dead in like episode 7 or something which is kind of bleh disappointing. In any case I think Earth in this gives the Earth Alliance in Gundam Seed a run for their money. Likewise Vers approach to building mecha also kind of reminded me of the Destroy Gundam with the whole lets make this huge imposing looking mecha with ridiculous super weapons that seems invincible but really it's bark is far worse than it's bite.
Closed Thread