AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-15, 15:09   Link #81
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
When did ace pilot come into the equation ? Yuki did say she wasn't bad for a gamer when giving her a run at a simulation. She absolutely failed when fighting the target Yuki fought bravely against. Think it was called the Pillbug.

Apart from getting a lucky shot on a target that was already disabled by the crew, and somehow surviving in the last episode. I dont think ace, but rather support maybe. But wait she already blew her chance, will they really give a fully armed mech to a criminal whos already attempted an assassination on there own allies? but I guess they could take the risk. When they really get desperate <.< Loosing Inaho was a blow in itself.

Well I guess its wait and see, if they hyper her up or not :/ I really hoping she receives her punishments afterall.
Rayet is a very good pilot. She's had training through her Martian spy cell, she gave the excuse of being a "gamer" so as not to draw suspicion that she's fully trained in combat, including with kataphrackts.

She fell apart fighting the "pillbug" which was actually Trillram's Nilokaras, because that was the one that was responsible for killing her father, as well as her entire spy cell family and almost herself as well. In that case, she became emotionally compromised and could no longer fight or pilot well. It could happen to anyone who's been through such emotional trauma.

However, Rayet is definitely ace pilot material. She's military trained, she has a purpose and desires to destroy the enemy above all, and she can have some pretty good strategy plans when she needs too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-12-16, 06:03   Link #82
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Rayet is a very good pilot. She's had training through her Martian spy cell, she gave the excuse of being a "gamer" so as not to draw suspicion that she's fully trained in combat, including with kataphrackts.

She fell apart fighting the "pillbug" which was actually Trillram's Nilokaras, because that was the one that was responsible for killing her father, as well as her entire spy cell family and almost herself as well. In that case, she became emotionally compromised and could no longer fight or pilot well. It could happen to anyone who's been through such emotional trauma.

However, Rayet is definitely ace pilot material. She's military trained, she has a purpose and desires to destroy the enemy above all, and she can have some pretty good strategy plans when she needs too.

My impression of Rayet is that she's as good as Inko.

She got secret training.
She have some experience.

Her advantage is she have good battle-wits; in the episode vs. Vlad, she was the first to understand Inaho's tactics, and because of that she was first to arrive to Inaho on speedboat, minutes earlier before his other friends figured it out.

Her disadvantage is PTSD+hate; this I feel will cause her to slip up in future. I imagine the martian lords can easily provoke and trick her into traps.
Old 2014-12-20, 20:32   Link #83
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
My impression of Rayet is that she's as good as Inko.

She got secret training.
She have some experience.

Her advantage is she have good battle-wits; in the episode vs. Vlad, she was the first to understand Inaho's tactics, and because of that she was first to arrive to Inaho on speedboat, minutes earlier before his other friends figured it out.

Her disadvantage is PTSD+hate; this I feel will cause her to slip up in future. I imagine the martian lords can easily provoke and trick her into traps.
My thoughts on Rayet:

As far as Rayet's skills, it is likely that her father at the very least taught her to use firearms, and taught her some basic unarmed skills, and briefed her on both Terran and Martian weapons systems.

As for her use of a Kataphrakt, it should be noted that, given that they are literally teaching high school students to operate these things, I'd guess that a Kataphrakt is far simpler to operate than something a jet fighter (and probably even a tank). If it uses a "master-slave system", it would be very easy to learn, as moving the Kataphrakt's arm would be as simple as moving your arm in the same motion.

This is seems particularly likely since recent technology has allowed to arms manufacturers to make simple to operate weapons system over the last 20 years that minimize required training- for instance, the driver's seat of American Abrams tank and Bradley IFV are designed to be similar in operation to a standard car or truck, and remote machine guns turrets on APCs can literally be controlled as simply as a video game, or, in some cases, be aimed by turning your head in a special helmet.

Finally, as for the simulator, it's quite possible for Rayet to prove at least as skilled as a high school militia pilot- I saw an interview on TV with the designer of a fighter jet simulator designed for pilot training that stated that they showed the thing to their kids and within a few hours they were dogfighting in the simulator (although in that case, the simulator had a mode for training in manuevers and dogfighting that started in mid-flight- the hardest parts of flying a plane (not counting combat, if you're in a fighter jet), are take-off and landing.

So, really, I'm more impressed with Slaine's flying a Sky Carrier than Rayet operating a Kat.

Rayet has the potential to be a very formidable foe on foot or in a Kat, but I agree that, given her practically genocidal hatred for the Vers, they should keep an eye on her, especially if she somehow ends up in a position where she could nuke Mars from orbit!
Old 2014-12-20, 22:26   Link #84
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Rayet has the potential to be a very formidable foe on foot or in a Kat, but I agree that, given her practically genocidal hatred for the Vers, they should keep an eye on her, especially if she somehow ends up in a position where she could nuke Mars from orbit!
Why restrain her? Martians doesn't have any redeemable qualities beside princess. I say nuke them allllllll~~

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-12-20 at 23:00.
Old 2014-12-23, 01:01   Link #85
Velsy

Well I guess thats plausible. While I didnt recall it mentioning her getting training. But she is part of a terrorist organization that carried out an assassination mission which involved the use of high tech missiles. I'd assume they trained at least more than a little in warfare. Noobs wouldnt of been able to pull that off.

But I still think she blew he chance at redemption when she attempted taking the princess life for the 2nd time. Things may of well been different is she admitted to what she did (or was involved in) and casted blame on herself rather than accusing others. Sincerity probably would of worked in her favor. Only real way I can see her getting another shot for salvation is if she had saved Inaho from certain death. But she was nowhere near the scene to have any involvement. Yuki saves Raynet, Inaho saves Princess, Rayet saves Inaho. That would put a pretty interesting spin on things. But I guess they blew that.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Closed Thread

Tags
characters