AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-25, 03:40   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Aldnoah.Zero - Character Discussion - Inaho Kaizuka

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Inaho related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aldnoah.Zero fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-07-27, 01:22   Link #2
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Can someone capture Inaho's mirror image (surrounded by birds?) and post it in his thread, please?

Old 2014-07-27, 01:24   Link #3
Thess

Thank you! I'll save them. I can't for life stop the frame on the right spot.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-27, 01:49   Link #4
Irenesharda

Recently, Inaho has begun to grow on me. And sometimes his complete stoic expression is funny and adorable in the right situation.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-27, 02:07   Link #5
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Recently, Inaho has begun to grow on me. And sometimes his complete stoic expression is funny and adorable in the right situation.

His best interactions have always been with his sister. She's the only reason why I care about his character, she brings out the best out him.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-27, 02:49   Link #6
Ziziphus
Whatever

I must be in the minority to really find Inaho more interesting then Slaine atm. There's something about his stoic attitude in extreme situations that strangely fascinates me, then again I've always been a fan of smart, level-headed characters that operate on logic more than emotions.

Slaine is not bad, at all, but he seems drastically different from the type of character I expected of him from the promo materials, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I expected him to be less meek and soft-hearted as he's portrayed now. That is sure to change though, I look forward to seeing him take matters into his own hands and to show those Martians he's not just some useless Terran scum as they view him as the story progresses.
Old 2014-07-27, 04:18   Link #7
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Your not alone i like him too. People complain he doesn't show his emotions like slain does but I like the suble ways he does show his emotions.
Old 2014-07-27, 19:55   Link #8
Maryruss

I really like him too.
I hope in the next episode a battle between Inaho and Slaine.
Old 2014-07-27, 20:56   Link #9
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryruss View Post
I really like him too.
I hope in the next episode a battle between Inaho and Slaine.
I would want it to happen but i dont think it will its to early for that. this is offtopic but how did you put your avatar up i cant figure out how to.
Old 2014-07-27, 22:38   Link #10
Maryruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster
I would want it to happen but i dont think it will its to early for that. this is offtopic but how did you put your avatar up i cant figure out how to.
I do this way, go notification, click "unread private message",
Go "setting and options" in left barrier and click in "edit avatar"
Well... in the "current avatar" is a option that say "do not use avatar" and is marked with a black point, make click, so the circle is empty.
Get off in "current avatar"and make click "custom avatar" and full the circle. Go "browse" and choose a image in your pc.
I hope I could help .
Old 2014-07-27, 23:29   Link #11
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Inaho really goes beyond just intelligent and level-headed. He is facing unknown enemies with overwhelmingly superior technology in desperate situations. Not panicking alone is already an outstanding achievement, but he is even able to analyze the battle in combat and formulate plans on the fly.

In the first two episodes I thought he has some mental issues. But the last two episodes make clear that he just does not allow his emotions to show on his face.

I like Slaine as well. He is the kind of character that looks soft on the outside but very strong on the inside. He seems meeky but that's very much expected for a second-class citizen in a racist world.
Old 2014-07-28, 07:08   Link #12
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"Human being are not know to think and act rationally under pressure."
That sentence review quite something about Inaho. Not something you'd usually find out ò the mouth of a common mecha protagonist.

Just remember that human could be a pawn - or a queen on the chess table of war.
Old 2014-07-28, 11:32   Link #13
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Really not a huge fan of this character yet and actually find him to be the weak link in a cast that still isn't really coming together all that strongly just yet. He kind of feels dangerously close to one of those main characters you see in Light Novels that is strictly enabled by the plot in order to upstage everyone else around him at all times and like he's just need a harem or something to totally be cut from that same cloth. I get too that they seem to be going for a somewhat a-typical lead character for a mecha anime (at least of late), but I'm not sure the complete and utter stoic blandness is a worthwhile tradeoff unless we see some growth out of him like a Chirico, Heero, Setsuna, Sagara etc. The thing is though all of those characters had one key reason in common at to why they were so stoic, coldly logical and tactically oriented in their dialogue and interactions. That being that they were veteran child soldiers that suffered the psychological effects of basically having lived all of their lives on the battlefield. Inaho is apparently just supposed to be an above average student living with his sister who just happens to be in their local garrison though and while I don't want to jump to too many conclusions, his exploits up to now and just the general construct of his character as a blank slate really just gives him that feeling of a self-insert "cool" type character until we see him start to get some more definition and suffer more setbacks than just the token friend that dies in order to give him a reason to fight. Even then though that outcome has him reacting like he's just going through the motions of a role rather than legitimately seeming to care about what happened to someone he knew.

Just a really weird character so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
His best interactions have always been with his sister. She's the only reason why I care about his character, she brings out the best out him.
He seems to get personality run off from his more kind of go getter sister whenever they interact for sure. There seems to be at least some recognition that she's a person that might be of some importance to him at least when they've interacted. That's the sort of thing that doesn't really bode well for her survival though if the writers feel Inaho needs a kicker at some point.
Old 2014-07-29, 12:25   Link #14
hamazura
whatever

i wonder who is more autistic inaho, heero or setsuna
Old 2014-07-29, 12:54   Link #15
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
None of them strike me as autistic really. The thing is again that with Heero and Setsuna you can kind of make an obvious argument for why they are the way they are at the start of their respective series. They've never experienced anything other than war, grief and sorrow in their lives and have maybe like one thing they even believe in as a result. There are no other real emotions in their life, it's just "mission mission mission" or "become like Gundam". It's not that they lack the capacity for compassion or anything, just that there are few situations that allow for or warrant it that they've experienced.

Inaho as far as we know has just been living in Tokyo somewhere with his sister, he goes to school, has a seemingly normal life aside from no parents who might have been killed in the previous conflicts with Mars (opportunity here), has friends just like anyone else who seem to care about him and yet is just this really weird emotionless robot of a character for no readily discernible reason and none of his other seemingly average everyday friends even seem to question this at all nor does his sister.

So far the only explanation I can think of as to why he's that way is strictly meta. That this series is trying to flip things on it's head a little or at least that's the pretense of it all and so the civilian MC becomes the emotionally stunted individual while his counterpart soldier/rival who has experience being in military situations is the one that is expressive and shows enterprise and emotion. I remember them saying in the promo material before it aired that the dynamic was going to be this way and while it works fine for Slaine again I really don't think it's working well in plausibility and execution for Inaho at all yet.
Old 2014-07-29, 18:54   Link #16
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Yeah, autistic would not be the best way of describing them as @Dr. Dahm said. You might want to edit that just so that people won't misunderstand what you're getting at and get offended.

I suppose the best way to describe Inaho, would be Alexithymic. Some would say sociopathic, but it is clear that Inaho does have sympathy and does have emotions, just doesn't express them as well. He could potentially have a suppressed automatic nervous system that makes it appear he has a lack of fear.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2014-07-30, 02:33   Link #17
Arya

For me what makes him different from the stereotypical cold guy for-whatever-reason is the fact that he indeed has friends and a cute and nice sister, who actually care for him. It tells him apart from that kind of character. Aspect that should tell there's something there more than a deadpan face, unlike his supposed similar characters, there's room here for development. And we've already seen glares of it. Obviously it helps I usually like these kind of characters, smart and apparently cold but not really, so I had no problems with him from the get-go.
The show so far decided to show him through his friends and sisters words and interactions and let us know that he's already started to move from his comfort zone, despite we can't really see it yet. First the death of his friend, then the encounter with Seylum made him act for revenge and for protection.
Now it's up to the writers where to go from here. I hope the writers had something more saved for him than just remaining blank as he is now.
Surely so far, what seems to shake him more than everything else is Seylum. Let's see if they decide, as it seems, to follow this path or not.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-07-31, 01:21   Link #18
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I dunno. Looking at Inaho i get the feeling that he's high functioning autistic. He can manage, he can function in life, but he's not completely there.

Heero and Setsuna were suffering from untreated PTSD. Ditto Sousuke, who slowly learned to grow out of his shell. Inaho... well I suppose it is possible he suffered a traumatic event and so ended up like this. *shrug*

Still, at least he's not whiny or angsty and has a brain. I can live with that.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-08-02, 16:48   Link #19
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I dunno. Looking at Inaho i get the feeling that he's high functioning autistic. He can manage, he can function in life, but he's not completely there.

Heero and Setsuna were suffering from untreated PTSD. Ditto Sousuke, who slowly learned to grow out of his shell. Inaho... well I suppose it is possible he suffered a traumatic event and so ended up like this. *shrug*

Still, at least he's not whiny or angsty and has a brain. I can live with that.
Well as far as we know the kid has always been that way, from his interactions with his childhood friend and his sister it appears they are used to his behavior. So whatever is up with him has been at least since he was very young.

On a side note, it appears that his birthday happens to be August 7th, in other words the day Pearl Harbor happened. I don't know if that is of any significance to his character but it is interesting to have his birthday be the anniversary of the day that lives on in infamy.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2014-08-02, 17:07   Link #20
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Actually, Pearl Harbor happened on the 7th of December.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters