AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 3 4.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-08, 11:13   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Aldnoah.Zero, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-08-09, 11:47   Link #2
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Spoiler for For Episode 6:
Old 2014-08-09, 11:59   Link #3
ImperialKnight

There's absolutely no way Slaine could've remained on the Martians side now that the Emperor labeled him as a traitor.
Old 2014-08-09, 11:59   Link #4
steam fish

Spoiler for inaho:
Old 2014-08-09, 12:07   Link #5
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
There's absolutely no way Slaine could've remained on the Martians side now that the Emperor labeled him as a traitor.
Obviously I know that, still though having him trying to track down who behind the conspiracy on the Martan's side is much more interesting than what his counterpart on the Earth's side is doing beside the mecha fighting.
Old 2014-08-09, 12:15   Link #6
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Obviously I know that, still though having him trying to track down who behind the conspiracy on the Martan's side is much more interesting than what his counterpart on the Earth's side is doing beside the mecha fighting.
True but I think that was already done as we know that Saazabum is the head honcho calling the shots.
Old 2014-08-09, 12:19   Link #7
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
True but I think that was already done as we know that Saazabum is the head honcho calling the shots.
That's "we" know, we can't go inside the anime and tell Slaine that he is the conspirator. That the other Count is on the side of the princess's and everything is a misunderstanding.
Old 2014-08-09, 12:22   Link #8
Thess

I'm super busy with school this month, so my online time is reduced. But this episode was too hilariously bad. It's still enjoyable, but the way the Mars side is portrayed as incompetent overall is hurting my suspension of disbelief.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-09, 12:28   Link #9
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm super busy with school this month, so my online time is reduced. But this episode was too hilariously bad. It's still enjoyable, but the way the Mars side is portrayed as incompetent overall is hurting my suspension of disbelief.
Their aiming skill must be incompetent too, seriously that many people pointing their gun at Slaine and not even one of them hits.
Old 2014-08-09, 12:30   Link #10
Thess

Quote:
Their aiming skill must be incompetent too, seriously that many people pointing their gun at Slaine and not even one of them hits.
Maybe they were distracted staring at his Terran ass. I just don't know how to excuse their idiocy anymore. I'll give them 3 more episodes to improve or I might drop this and wait warmly for Tomino's show and Origin. It's just not interesting to me now Slaine is with the Terrans. The only reason I kept watching was that at least I felt some kind of suspense from that plotline.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-09, 12:33   Link #11
Utsuro no Hako

Inaho's so smart he even uses science to NTR Slaine.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:05   Link #12
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Pointing out a chick's lack of intellectual prowess never got me a date. Then again, I'm not Inaho.

Her pout was cute though. Too bad being cute is pretty much all the princess is there for lately.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to her reunion with Slaine. That should be interesting.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:09   Link #13
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Damn right! Too bad though as Slaine got the last laugh when he saved his ass, so jokes on Inaho!

Also, he should have learned to keep calm when aiming and firing a rocket arm straight at him.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:13   Link #14
Blaat

Poor Slaine and Mechanic boy, the former will find out that the Princess has been NTRd by the Inaho and is part of his little harem while the latter has been demoted to mechanic just to make sure there is no other male mecha pilot we wouldn't want any rivals for our alpha male Inaho.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:15   Link #15
steam fish

just watched the episode... for some reason it feels like inaho isnt as calm as he was in the first few episodes. i wonder if this is some kind of attempt to nerf him
Old 2014-08-09, 13:18   Link #16
Kazu-kun

Surprisingly, the princess hasn't shown any interest in Inaho yet, and Slaine is already here. I wonder what we'll happen now. It'd be cool if they can break the mold and keep the series free of romance, at least between the leads. It's unlikely though.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:22   Link #17
Thess

I think they should try to make most of these characters compelling before starting any "relationships" between them. That said, I'm disappointed that Slaine's there. I was more interested in his espionage subplot than get him involve in battles.

Old 2014-08-09, 13:27   Link #18
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I think they should try to make most of these characters compelling before starting any "relationships" between them.
I agree. Let's hope for the better.

Quote:
I'm disappointed that Slaine's there. I was more interested in his espionage subplot than get him involve in battles.
I get where you're coming from, but personally, I never liked him stuck there. He was too isolated, with no one to interact with. It could have been an interesting plotline but it would have been pretty hard to develop his character properly there. Not that this show knows how to develop characters properly, but still.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:28   Link #19
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
More like there's no special science to stop multiple giant flying fists crashing into you.
Inaho was frustrated because he kept missing the last projectile and they were a moment away from destruction.
There's nothing surprising in that.

Anyways, Inaho's most notable skill is in analysis and tactics using his unusually high knowledge of science in practice.
He's fairly good in combat but so does anyone else on the Earth's side who isn't a redshirt.
His sister, Inko and Marito all had their moments.
The admittedly poor pilot Calm also did okay.
The point where Inaho shines is to break down the opponent's abilities and devise a tactic where he could use these features against them.

1.) Trilliam was slow and lacked anything but close combat capabilities. After finding a fault in his barrier protection the rest was only to trap him somehow.
2.) In the second fight with Vlad Inaho took a massive bet with the reactive armor. If the explosives were insufficient then he'd have ended up sliced in half like everyone.
3.) Against this latest mech the only reason he could do something because he was lucky enough to survive while everyone else was shaken or taken out by that point.

I directly left out the first fight with Vlad.
While the analysis of the plasma blade's features was vital it was more along the lines of the classic "let's take him out as a team" plan.
And yeah, that one part where Inaho dodged the sword was speaking words of his skill.
That must be the reason why Vlad was so focused on him in the next match.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:30   Link #20
tacitus

Quote:
I think it's better for the earth and the princess if he leaves the martian's side. If he would remain on the martian side he would kill the princess sooner or later with his dumb actions. He isn't intelligent enough too help her from the martian side, else there would still be a truce.
Closed Thread