AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-09, 11:48   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Aldnoah.Zero - General Character Discussion - Martians

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss the characters on the Martian side of the war that don't have their own thread.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aldnoah.Zero fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Old 2014-08-15, 09:23   Link #2
Thess

Name: Rayet Areash.
Height: 158 cm.
Birthrate: August 24th.
Blood Type: A.

Name: Eddelrittuo.
Height: 132 cm.
Birthrate: May 23rd

Name: Cruhteo.
Height: 187 cm.
Birthrate: March 26th.

Name: Trillram
Height: 185 cm.
Birthrate: November 18th.
Blood Type: O.

Name: Rayregalia Vers Rayvers.
Height: 185 cm.
Birthrate: June 5th.
Blood Type: B.

Incomplete information:

Name: Saazbaum.
Height: 190 cm.
Birthrate: ?
Blood Type: ?

Name: Vlad.
Height: 182 cm.

Name: Femieanne.
Height: 173 cm.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-15, 11:46   Link #3
Irenesharda

Interesting that Rayet is 16 and her father's been working this spy cell for 15 years. So, I'm guessing that Rayet was born on Mars and her mother died, and so her father took her with him as an infant to Earth during his job? Either that, or she lived on Vers and then joined her father later, when transport between Earth and Mars was reestablished.

Rayet seems to identify with being Martian though. So, either she grew up on Earth, but in total seclusion to just her Martian peers and was taught Martian culture by her dad. Or, like I said, she lived on Mars for a time, before joining her dad on Earth, later down the line.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-08-16 at 01:13.
Old 2014-08-15, 14:47   Link #4
Thess

I was surprised she was indeed 16 and not 15 as I had assumed she would be. Yes, that's exactly what I thought. She was born in Vers and then came to live on Earth with her father or perhaps she was trapped when Heavens Fall happened.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-16, 20:35   Link #5
Irenesharda

You know, after watching this episode, I just got something I hadn't realized. Asseylum's father, Gil (I cannot remember his actual name), had to be pretty young at the time of his ascension and when he had her.
If Regalia didn't get the genetic code of the Aldnoah until he was on Mars, then in order to pass it to his son, his son couldn't have had been conceived yet. So, Gil was born probably in the early 80s/late 70s, so by 1997, he would have taken the throne while only in his late teens/early 20s, and he would have died pretty young.

It's known that that age range, teens are usually pretty hot blooded and are not completely mature yet, even though they think they are. Could him having taken the throne at so young, have led to how the war started?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-20, 19:55   Link #6
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know, after watching this episode, I just got something I hadn't realized. Asseylum's father, Gil (I cannot remember his actual name), had to be pretty young at the time of his ascension and when he had her.
If Regalia didn't get the genetic code of the Aldnoah until he was on Mars, then in order to pass it to his son, his son couldn't have had been conceived yet. So, Gil was born probably in the early 80s/late 70s, so by 1997, he would have taken the throne while only in his late teens/early 20s, and he would have died pretty young.

It's known that that age range, teens are usually pretty hot blooded and are not completely mature yet, even though they think they are. Could him having taken the throne at so young, have led to how the war started?
There have been many teen/prepubescent rulers in history. King Tut was age 9/10 when he took over Egypt and died when he was 18, for example.
Old 2014-08-21, 20:55   Link #7
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

I'm betting that it's a war over resources or Earth is about the get the same Aldnoah technology and Mars was trying to prevent it.

The King died on the battlefield which shouldn't have happened. Kings are usually well protected. I'm betting there's more to his death also.

The Princess could have been born via artificial insemination or artificial womb. The series never said that it was a normal conception. Asseylum is the first princess iirc which implies there is more than one.
Old 2014-08-21, 21:02   Link #8
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm betting that it's a war over resources or Earth is about the get the same Aldnoah technology and Mars was trying to prevent it.

The King died on the battlefield which shouldn't have happened. Kings are usually well protected. I'm betting there's more to his death also.

The Princess could have been born via artificial insemination or artificial womb. The series never said that it was a normal conception. Asseylum is the first princess iirc which implies there is more than one.
The revealed material says she's the only living descendant of Ray. Yet at the same time it also says the contender to the throne hasn't been announced.

Old 2014-08-21, 21:19   Link #9
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The revealed material says she's the only living descendant of Ray. Yet at the same time it also says the contender to the throne hasn't been announced.
"first" implies more than one. For all we know the second princess could be a little ball of cells not yet fully matured in the artificial womb or someone hasn't given birth yet to the next contender. Or Ray has a relative there with family and they are the contenders.

I think the King was assassinated.
Old 2014-08-22, 05:33   Link #10
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah, the king died during Heaven's Fall.
Assassination is possible or perhaps that was the first and during the war only successful military operation of Earth.
But if the former is then...
Gee, we do accuse Martians for blowing everything out of proportion but this thing definitely takes the cake.
Old 2014-08-24, 01:50   Link #11
Irenesharda

“A nation that latched onto an archaic feudal system reliant on the superscience of an ancient civilization called the Aldnoah. One where commoners are obsessed with proving them in battle to gain social standing and the nobility casually betray and grind them into the dirt.”

Rayet was able to sum up the Vers Empire in only a few sentences, and while I think she is wrong to continue to yell about hating Martians when she is not only one herself, but it part of the reason there is war now, I think this look at society of Mars should be a wake-up call to Asseylum.

With the way their society is, unless she is willing to work to change VERS as a whole, she won't be able to achieve the peace she wants. Without change, the most good she will see is people like Eddielrito and Cruhteo, who, while loyal to her and her goals, don't give a single care in regards to human life or the Terran world and society. Unless, that whole idea of superiority is taken care of, Martians will always see Terrans as dogs and treat them as such.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-24, 06:00   Link #12
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
“A nation that latched onto an archaic feudal system reliant on the superscience of an ancient civilization called the Aldnoah. One where commoners are obsessed with proving them in battle to gain social standing and the nobility casually betray and grind them into the dirt.”

Rayet was able to sum up the Vers Empire in only a few sentences, and while I think she is wrong to continue to yell about hating Martians when she is not only one herself, but it part of the reason there is war now, I think this look at society of Mars should be a wake-up call to Asseylum.

With the way their society is, unless she is willing to work to change VERS as a whole, she won't be able to achieve the peace she wants. Without change, the most good she will see is people like Eddielrito and Cruhteo, who, while loyal to her and her goals, don't give a single care in regards to human life or the Terran world and society. Unless, that whole idea of superiority is taken care of, Martians will always see Terrans as dogs and treat them as such.
With no options left Asseylum may have to destroy Martian society by destroying Aldnoah.

To achieve her dream of peace she'll have to destroy her grandfather's delusions of grandeur.
Old 2014-08-24, 18:12   Link #13
Thess

It strikes me as odd that these Counts and nobles who passes the rights with bloodline seem to be single. Saazbaum is in his early 40s and has no child or wife, doesn't he?

Old 2014-08-24, 18:22   Link #14
Key Board
Carbon

are you implying that Aldnoah makes people sterile?
the Emperor had a child, though

or perhaps it's something that is enforced into society?

off topic, but somehow related
in StarWars Jedi are forced by their order to be celibate so that
1) they do not develop any attachments. Ie: No lovers/spouses
2) to not procreate and created a Jedi dynasty that might overthrow the government
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-08-24, 18:27   Link #15
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
are you implying that Aldnoah makes people sterile?
the Emperor had a child, though

or perhaps it's something that is enforced into society?

off topic, but somehow related
in StarWars Jedi are forced by their order to be celibate so that
1) they do not develop any attachments to their spouses
2) to not procreate and created a Jedi dynasty that might overthrow the government
No, I am wondering why aren't we getting information about their families, even in Archivez. I know they have a clan. Well, what do you know, about Saazbaum. I just noticed the director of the show hints why he might not have a wife in the script cover. I'm so slow, I should have checked out Komatsu's twitter sooner.

Old 2014-08-24, 19:20   Link #16
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It strikes me as odd that these Counts and nobles who passes the rights with bloodline seem to be single. Saazbaum is in his early 40s and has no child or wife, doesn't he?
I don't think the Aldnoah rights can be passed on through the knights' bloodlines. I think only the Emperor can do that (one of the things that make him and his line so "special"). I think the right of Aldnoah goes along with the title of "knight", which is not a hereditary title like "Count" is. So, while the counts' children would get their peerage title passed down to them, they would have to be knighted personally by the Emperor to get the right to Aldnoah.

As for the counts' families, well, we know they have families as said by Trillram, however, I'm guessing that it's just never really brought up in the show. Just as the Princess' mother has not even gotten a mention, and her father is barely in the supplemental material.

Their families probably live on their estates on Mars, so we never see them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-25, 20:49   Link #17
Key Board
Carbon

http://i.imgur.com/MLJ7R5V.jpg

I don't know the exact source of this, but Crutheo has his own merchandise. Implications are?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-08-25, 21:00   Link #18
Thess

Quote:

I don't know the exact source of this, but Crutheo has his own merchandise. Implications are?
He's popular and he's shipped with Slaine. I'm surprised you didn't posted this. Because Inaho's looking at Rayet while Slaine's looking at Asseylum.

Old 2014-08-25, 21:36   Link #19
Irenesharda

Quote:

It does suggest that Cruhteo is a pretty important supporting character. It again supports the theory that he will return in some capacity.
Or...it could be that he's just a really popular character.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-25, 21:42   Link #20
Thess

Quote:
It does suggest that Cruhteo is a pretty important supporting character. It again supports the theory that he will return in some capacity.
Or...it could be that he's just a really popular character.
There was Trillram merch too...

Closed Thread