AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 44.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-16, 13:50   Link #61
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
In a way, yes. Neither pilot knows anything about the other, and both are protective of the princess.

For Slaine, he's trying to find and help the princess, but he has a Terran soldier that's not allowing him too. Terrans are the Martians' enemies, and he knows that the Terrans probably don't have a huge liking towards the royal family right now. Since he knows that the Terran soldier knows about the princess, and yet she's not dead, he can either conclude that he and his people plan to use her for some further aim. "Exploit" her as a bargaining chip or a hostage probably, or that the Terran soldier he's been fighting with, is actually a Martian spy.

For Inaho, he knows that all of the Martians should believe the princess is dead after the assassination. However, this sky carrier pilot is not surprised at the princess being alive, which means he knew the princess wasn't killed in the attack. So, he logically assumes that the only way the pilot could know the truth is if he was in on the attack and had somehow found out that the job wasn't completed, probably through the use of spies. And so, if that's the case, then this pilot could have just come after them and fought with them just to gain their trust so that he could get to the princess and finish the job.

Both boys are protecting Asseylum, but in doing so, think each other is the enemy. Neither one would admit or explain anything, for fear of putting the princess and themselves in danger, or at least a moment of vulnerability.
While this is a logical conclusion, deep down inside I'm hoping that Inaho is secretly trying to manipulate the princess for his own gain (revenge over his parents' death perhaps, Inaho's background is long overdue after all). He's saying "you are my enemy" rather than "our enemy" or "earth's enemy". Evil Inaho will be much more interesting than the princess' knight Inaho.

Edit: alternatively, Inaho realized that the only sky carrier driver that knows that the princess is still alive is the co-conspirator of the kat that killed his friend. So it's revenge for his friend.

Last edited by p-kun; 2014-08-16 at 14:21.
Old 2014-08-16, 13:51   Link #62
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm no sure Inaho ditched Slaine because he thinks he was involved in the assassination attempt. I mean, the guy risked his life to protect them (and the princess) so it wouldn't make sense to think he wants her dead. Inaho, being the logical guy he's supposed to be, wouldn't have made that mistake, imo.

I get the feeling Inaho figured out Slaine's identity, and probably thought he could be an obstacle to whatever plan he has in mind to exploit the princess.
How could he figure out Slaine's identity? He knows nothing about him. Asseylum only mentioned him in passing, and she didn't say anything else about him. For Inaho, Slaine could have been anything from her tutor to her childhood friend, he doesn't know. And he doesn't think very intuitively, or else he would have figured out she was the princess on their first meeting.

And it would make sense even for someone who was trying to kill her to help them. If there was in-fighting between the knights then it would be understandable for them to fire at one another, and he knows that Slaine's plane isn't powerful enough to take on the battleship on its own. So, would it not be better to pretend to be helping them so that he can get to the princess and kill her in person? Inaho is using logic. The pilot of the sky carrier, to him is Martian and knows something that he shouldn't. He's also not answering his questions, which to Inaho means he's hiding something So, he'd rather be safe than sorry, and takes Slaine out.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 13:57   Link #63
bakato

Quote:
In a way, yes. Neither pilot knows anything about the other, and both are protective of the princess.

For Slaine, he's trying to find and help the princess, but he has a Terran soldier that's not allowing him too. Terrans are the Martians' enemies, and he knows that the Terrans probably don't have a huge liking towards the royal family right now. Since he knows that the Terran soldier knows about the princess, and yet she's not dead, he can either conclude that he and his people plan to use her for some further aim. "Exploit" her as a bargaining chip or a hostage probably, or that the Terran soldier he's been fighting with, is actually a Martian spy.

For Inaho, he knows that all of the Martians should believe the princess is dead after the assassination. However, this sky carrier pilot is not surprised at the princess being alive, which means he knew the princess wasn't killed in the attack. So, he logically assumes that the only way the pilot could know the truth is if he was in on the attack and had somehow found out that the job wasn't completed, probably through the use of spies. And so, if that's the case, then this pilot could have just come after them and fought with them just to gain their trust so that he could get to the princess and finish the job.

Both boys are protecting Asseylum, but in doing so, think each other is the enemy. Neither one would admit or explain anything, for fear of putting the princess and themselves in danger, or at least a moment of vulnerability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
From the Inaho's point of view Slain is either a spy sent to kill the princess or just part of a group whose task was to kill her in the first place.

While he's mistaken - it was only logical for him to assume Slain was an enemy.

No we don't.

As for the Kat and Battleship NeoYamato - it is possible they were sent to earth by someone (Slain's grandfather? Whoever it might be) as a countermeasure.
This is going to be painful to watch. Judging from the OP and ED, Slaine and Inaho are gonna be at each other's throats for the rest of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
'Urobutcher' hasn't been involved in the series since the fourth episode.
This whole series was his creation and a plot twist like this was definitely his idea.
Old 2014-08-16, 13:58   Link #64
ChampDream
Alive

Inaho and Slaine look like great teammates, they even gave each other nicknames, too bad for that misundestanding, but it also feel that Inaho know the only way to end the war is using the princess.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:03   Link #65
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
This is going to be painful to watch. Judging from the OP and ED, Slaine and Inaho are gonna be at each other's throats for the rest of the series.
I actually think they may just capture Slaine and the princess will probably explain who he is. When Slaine sees that the princess trusts Inaho, he'll explain about the plot by the knights and how he found out about it. Inaho and Slaine probably won't like or trust each other, and there will be a rivalry of sorts, but I don't think they'll be combative enemies for long.

Quote:
This whole series was his creation and a plot twist like this was definitely his idea.
I've actually heard rumors that he might be back to write the season finale. So I don't think he's totally gone from the series, and I think he did probably outline where the show was supposed to go.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 14:08   Link #66
cubicbalance

Anyone notice the name of the ship?

Spoiler for Which is....:

Looks like we have a White Base storyline coming up!
Old 2014-08-16, 14:13   Link #67
bakato

Quote:
I actually think they may just capture Slaine and the princess will probably explain who he is. When Slaine sees that the princess trusts Inaho, he'll explain about the plot by the knights and how he found out about it. Inaho and Slaine probably won't like or trust each other, and there will be a rivalry of sorts, but I don't think they'll be combative enemies for long.

I've actually heard rumors that he might be back to write the season finale. So I don't think he's totally gone from the series, and I think he did probably outline where the show was supposed to go.
I hope so, but I'm not full convinced because what would be the whole point of this dark twist if they just made up right after?
Old 2014-08-16, 14:20   Link #68
VTHokiePride

Quote:

I hope so. It would be a shame if the great teamwork they showed when fighting the Martian Kataphrakt would only last an episode. The earthlings could also use the intel that Slaine could provide.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:20   Link #69
Algent

Quote:
I hope so, but I'm not full convinced because what would be the whole point of this dark twist if they just made up right after?
What twist ? Shooting an enemy that answer a serious question about a VIP by saying "bring me to her" while threatening to shot isn't a twist. It's the right answer.
Also he just shot the plane, he didn't go for the kill. Let's not even talk about how he didn't even shot first.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:22   Link #70
MT-G

That was pretty intense battle with pretty nice teamwork. RIP the sexiest and the chuuniest female pilot in Aldnoah Zero; She won't be remembered.

3 Earth (Inaho's & co.) vs. Martians 0
Get wrecked, Martian scum.

Uh, did I just saw an Eva 02 unit in the tunnel? Pretty sure Inaho will piloting that Eva(?) unit with aldnoah power from the beloved princess. And finally the princess reveals herself to all the crew, I'm not sure whether they will believe with her story or not.

It's understandable that Inaho suspecting everyone from the martian side because as far as he knows, the bowlcut hair pilot is the only person that saw the princess is still alive. Furthermore Slain provoked Inaho by firing the bullet first.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:24   Link #71
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
What twist ? Shooting an enemy that answer a serious question about a VIP by saying "bring me to her" while threatening to shot isn't a twist. It's the right answer.
Also he just shot the plane, he didn't go for the kill.
I guess, but Inaho had a pretty dark face on him and I'm not even sure the princess even saw Slaine.

Again, referring to Inaho stabbing Slaine in the back, Slaine being a spy wouldn't explain why he saved Inaho.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:25   Link #72
Irenesharda

Quote:
I think "made up" is too strong of a term. Probably, "tolerate" is better. They won't like each other, and probably not trust one another, but will help each other in order to protect the princess and the people of the ship.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 14:29   Link #73
Death Usagi
Banned

I wonder if Asseylum even knew there was a Martian Sky Carrier helping Inaho out ._.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:31   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I wonder if Asseylum even knew there was a Martian Sky Carrier helping Inaho out ._.
Knowing how heavily this anime relies on convenient coincidences, she probably was the only one who didn't saw the damn thing.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:32   Link #75
bakato

Quote:
That's what I'm wondering. She clearly didn't see Slaine when he made his entrance since she was in the dock and if the creators had planned on Slaine and Inaho working together in the future then they would've made it so she saw and recognized him.

When she appeared in that big ass battleship, I think she probably saw him, but it was dark, that big ass rocket robot was flying towards her, and when that was over Slaine was flying away.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:34   Link #76
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Probably not considering she would have a reaction to seeing a Martian assisting Inaho and not to mention she was focused on her task, it was dark, and they were actually flying away from her.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:36   Link #77
SatelliteCannon

Quote:
*sigh* Well there goes a beautiful relationship, but that's the Urobutcher for you. Just can't let everything work out without throwing a wrench.
I bet Urobuchi left only one instruction for the production team when he handed it off to them after episode 3: "Slaine is not allowed to catch a break, ever."

Slaine got pretty close to catching a break this episode (to be honest, I didn't expect him to get even close to contacting Inaho and his friends for a while), so I'm willing to guess that next episode, he will be fished out of the water by the Martians and slapped around a bunch. This will probably last until at least the season finale.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:39   Link #78
ChampDream
Alive

Slaine destiny right now is to be capture by either the Martians or the Terrans.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:41   Link #79
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post
I bet Urobuchi left only one instruction for the production team when he handed it off to them after episode 3: "Slaine is not allowed to catch a break, ever."

Slaine got pretty close to catching a break this episode (to be honest, I didn't expect him to get even close to contacting Inaho and his friends for a while), so I'm willing to guess that next episode, he will be fished out of the water by the Martians and slapped around a bunch. This will probably last until at least the season finale.
That is so like him. In other news, it looks like the Martians are gonna have to start taking Inaho and his rag tag crew seriously from now on. This is the first time a Count has been killed.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:42   Link #80
larethian

Inaho's male instincts probably realized he got mating competition
JK.
This development is definitely more novel than them going buddy-buddy and fighting together right off the bat. And what Orange did wasn't that illogical either.
Closed Thread