AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-23, 13:26   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Looked like about the same as a normal TV satellite. So... still within Earth's orbit.
Those are geosynchronous - 36000 km up.

Even with a constant 10g acceleration, followed by a constant 10g deceleration, it'd take 20 minutes to make planetfall.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:27   Link #42
Ryuga

I've kinda had enough of Rayet's pissing and whining. I know I should be more sympathetic to her, but I hope the group finds out about her part in all this.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:30   Link #43
novalysis

What if Saazbeum actually has a goal that in his mind, is noble? Such as breaking the royal family monopoly over the Aldonah? Or perhaps, Saazbeum might even have a high minded goal of actually breaking both Royal and Aristocratic monopoly over the Aldonah and instead, bestowing it in all humanity. What if Saazabum has come to a similar but even more sophisticated conclusion Rayet made about Martian society - that the status quo is utterly morally wrong in his eyes, and therefore, any price can be paid to replace the status quo with what he regards as a better, more equitable use of the Aldonah? And as such, is playing the entire war party around, as allies to be eventually disposed of?

And Doctor Troyad had indeed figured out how to reroute the access writes from a single individual and his descendants, to the entire human race? What if both Saazabum and Troyad shared the same goals and even comradeship, and as such, Saazbum placed such a high premium on the continual survival of Slaine out of consideration for Slaine's father, even if having Cruhteo silence Slaine for him was beneficial for the cover up?

In-fact, it was an excellent play by the scriptwriters, having Cruhteo eliminated before he could join forces with the princess. If it was Urobuchi who had plotted the general outlines of Aldonah Zero, it might well be his subversion of the enemy turned ally trope that mechas like Gundam and Code Geass used.

Spoiler for Code Geass and Gundam Seed spoilers:

I don't think Saazbum plan revolves around a simple assassinating the princess, provoking an invasion of Earth, and then subjugating Earth for the martian nobility. But rather, he has some grander plans at play and higher goals than mere conquest. I wonder whether Saazbum is another Kiritsugu Emiya, willing to engage in some rather heinous means to accomplish a goal that many in the audience might see as laudable, a well intentioned extremst.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:30   Link #44
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Those are geosynchronous - 36000 km up.

Even with a constant 10g acceleration, followed by a constant 10g deceleration, it'd take 20 minutes to make planetfall.
He had Aldnoah rockets, though. I'd assume he was traveling more than 10x normal gravity's acceleration.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:31   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
To me the most right on the money character this episode is actually Rayet. Even if she's just rehashing the same old Martian hatred thing for the umpteenth time she hasn't flip flopped at the drop of a hat....at least not yet. She's 100% unarguably accurate in how she describes the Martian system as pretty much bullshit and I don't know how they've managed to function as a society up to this point like that or how things could ever even come to be like that in such a short time. The creators of this show obviously really don't think much of humanity or it's nature something, I just don't know. Like I sort of think I get what they are trying to go for, but I just really don't get the approach they are taking to all of this much nor how they just keep beating the same old points with the same old characters over and over again. It's just bizarre for something that takes itself so deathly serious a lot of the time too and remarkable how this show seemingly refuses to cover any new ground and themes nor have the characters relate anything beyond the most blindingly obvious and one note to anyone watching.
I largely agree with your post, but I find myself annoyed at Rayet's hypocritical rants about "trust". She's a mole who was part of the plot that started it all. She was betrayed in the end, but she betrayed everyone first. Martians, Terrans, everyone. She doesn't get to trust anyone, and she's not deserving of trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He had Aldnoah rockets, though. I'd assume he was traveling more than 10x normal gravity's acceleration.
Not much more, unless he also had something to compensate for inertia. I suppose it's possible, though I'll note that Femian's didn't show that kind of acceleration.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:34   Link #46
Death Usagi
Banned

So.... Deja Vu for Sho Hayami getting killed by his own ally =w=;; (Fate/Zero = killed by Kotomine Kirei, while in Aldnoah.Zero, by Saazbaum...)

Characters he voice seems to have a bad ending when Urobuchi is involved...
Old 2014-08-23, 13:34   Link #47
Kazu-kun

If Slaine was important to Saazbum for anything but tracking the princess down, why did he wait until now to get him?

But then again, nothing make sense in this show so I shouldn't even ask.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:34   Link #48
Wandering Soul

Being Slaine is suffering. After enduring all that torture for the princess's sake and finally getting Crueheto's respect and help the castle gets attacked and he gets kidnapped. Although I do have to say that Sazzabaum so far has the most badass looking mech in the show. I hope Crueheto survives to show that there are other good Martians.

I honestly thought that Calm was going to become racist against Martians but as Cineamasins would say "the power of boners was far stronger". It was a funny scene but a part of me can't help but feel that it was wasted potential.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:36   Link #49
DMurphy

I thought this was a really good episode, but I admit, I'm a bit - disappointed that Slaine's been kidnapped and Cruhteo is seemingly dead. It seems like it would have been a more interesting route to take to either have an all out civil war between Cruhteo and Saazbaum break out, or to at least have a brief kataphrakt vs kataphrakt fight between them.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-08-23, 13:37   Link #50
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Now that the episode is subbed I have to say I find it amusing how quickly the characters in this show seem to flip flop principles and goals at the drop of a hat in ways that might even make the likes of Guilty Crown's cast blush a little and take a step back. One second Slaine is stealing himself to not reveal to Cruhteo that the princess is alive under any circumstances and then a few minutes later willingly taunts Cruhteo about the reality of it, what happened to Trillram and the situation with the battleship for some inexplicable reason until he figures it out all of sudden. Then in turn you have Cruhteo who spends the entire episode beating the same old tired drum about how Slaine is such Earthling scum only to decide from just a few vague cryptic words that a prisoner under duress is uttering to him that he's this ultra loyal figure and to suddenly try to put an end to open hostilities, again which we've barely seen at this stage since episode 1.
He believed him because he knew about the stolen Aldnoah Drive and the countess wouldn't have been defeated without it. Everything finally clicked together thanks to that.

I just watched the sub. I'm so amused they mistranslated "愛しい地球人" as "dear friend". It means "Dear/beloved Terran."

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-23, 13:37   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This show is a God damn joke and I have completely lost my patience.

I really hoped Inaho had a damn good reason for doing what he did last episode and it hadn't been explained yet but I still don't see one. I was completely mortified to see Slaine somehow back on a Martian ship despite the fact that Inaho and his side could have easily captured him after he had been shot down. I spent the entire episode screaming at them to give some sort of explanation but we never got one. Shitting on a character isn't going to work if it rests on ridiculous contrivances so bad you can't even be arsed to explain and hope no one will notice. Despite Cruhteo's 180 being spectacular unconvincing, I was still tempted to consider it the saving grace of the episode but no, they had ruin that as well. That was just appallingly bad.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:38   Link #52
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I have to say Cruhteo is a dumbass just standing there exposing himself to Saazbaum.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:39   Link #53
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I really hope Crutheo is still alive. It would be kind of stupid if he just got killed of like this...
Old 2014-08-23, 13:41   Link #54
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If Slaine was important to Saazbum for anything but tracking the princess down, why did he wait until now to get him?
Because it would be suspicious. As long he's safe, he can always 'request' his visit later on, or even tell Trillram to get him (why else was he aboard?). He didn't count with him being deployed to the battlefield in a Sky Carrier once (it was surprising). In fact, the way Trillram spoke about the conspiracy to Slaine... maybe he assumed he knew? Why did the Emperor immediately change his mind because Slaine delivered him that message? They knew something about Slaine we ignored.

Saazbaum already knows the princess is in that ship, he even brings it up.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-23, 13:42   Link #55
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I really hope Crutheo is still alive. It would be kind of stupid if he just got killed of like this...
He freaking got turned to dust by that Dioscruia's beam saber-like weapon. How can he even be alive...? =w=;;

R.I.P. Sho Hayami-voiced character (again...)

Both Tohsaka Tokiomi and Crutheo is crying now... TwT
Old 2014-08-23, 13:43   Link #56
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

But then again, nothing make sense in this show so I shouldn't even ask.
I want to say Saazbaum wanted to keep things on the down-low for the time being but with Cruhteo about to waste him (he didn't know about the change of heart), he didn't have that luxury. Then again, Slaine could've been KIA'd at any point randomly while he was assisting Trillam I suppose, unless Saazbaum considered the Terrans a bunch of chicken weaklings like the rest of the Martians and was confident he'd survive, especially since he was with Trillam.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:43   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Nah, it's unlikely given that his Landing Castle is destroyed by Saazbaum's attack. But you know what, Crutheo deserve to die in my opinion. He tortured Slaine, he finally learned the truth about Princess Asseylum, but it's all too late!
Old 2014-08-23, 13:44   Link #58
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I honestly did not feel one bit sorry for Cruhteo there. Sure he finally realized what Slaine's intentions were, but the amount of torture & abuse he dished out was unforgivable. When he got blasted, I was like "meh, he deserved it." The only downside to him dying though, is that there's no one with the weight/authority to support Slaine anymore.

Well, if its any consolation, the survivors of Cruhteo's castle can vouch for everything. However, only the ones present in the interrogation room know the full truth. There were two people other than Cruhteo, I wonder if at least one survived?

Well, we all thought that Slaine was going to join the Earth cast. Some weren't too happy about that thought. Well, you guys got your wish, he'll be staying on Mars a little longer.

Calm is such a hypocrite. That's all I can say. Where did all the animosity & contempt towards the Martians go? -_-

Marito is once again useless this week. The only thing he has going for him is that he's tied with Slaine for being the most human-like character in this anime. Now he's gone into a relapse. *Sigh*

Wow, low blow for Slaine there. Dat contrast tho. While he's suffering his ass off for the sake of the princess, she's having a ball with Inaho. (I'd have to say, that was a bit depressing to see, especially when they show both scenes alongside each other. )

Inaho being a smartass was also funny to see. lol He be like "I didn't neglect to inform, I deliberately didn't." XD

Rayet's angsting like crazy right now. So far, she's also another notably interesting character the Earth cast has to offer. I look forward to her character development & future interactions with Martians in general. Ironic that we have a Martian who hates Martians with such passion. Though, that hate is justified & understood, so I've got no complaints.

Yup, its confirmed. That airship is Earth-made & named after the mech that it got its aldnoah drive from. Reverse-engineering their tech isn't difficult after all. They just need someone who can actually activate it.

9/10. Yea, first 9 I've awarded to an A.Z episode (I think?). Cruhteo's death is so worth that 9.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:44   Link #59
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
He freaking got turned to dust by that Dioscruia's beam saber-like weapon. How can he even be alive...? =w=;;

R.I.P. Sho Hayami-voiced character (again...)

Both Tohsaka Tokiomi and Crutheo is crying now... TwT
There have been worse "sure kills" that ended up being red herrings.

Why even introduce him just to kill him off? As it is right now, he is a completely worthless character that just stole away precious screentime just to extend the body count.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:46   Link #60
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I want to say Saazbaum wanted to keep things on the down-low for the time being but with Cruhteo about to waste him, he didn't have that luxury. Then again, Slaine could've been KIA'd at any point randomly when assisting Trillam I suppose, unless Saazbaum considered the Terrans a bunch of chicken weaklings like the rest of the Martians and was confident he'd survive.
Slaine assisting Trillram was random and unusual (and Saazbaum didn't know about it until later), because his post is to stay in the castle next to Cruhteo and to teach the princess about Earth. In fact, it puts Trillram ramblings about the conspiracy to Slaine far more... interesting. Maybe he assumed Slaine knew. That's why he's even trying to "educate" Slaine about how to kill Terrans.

Closed Thread