AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-04, 00:39   Link #21
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
She could even have come to Earth quite recently, though if it was just a short term mission one wonders why her father would bother bringing her with him. I guess the supplementary materials don't provide any detail about this? How long she's been on Earth would be useful to know when it comes to analyzing her character.
Well, we know he's been on Earth for 15 years, as he said so in episode 2. Rayet had to be on Earth long enough to have learned its customs and also so that her father could train her. Also, she seemed to have a close relationship with her father, and a lot of respect as she refers to him as "-sama". That takes years to gain.

She doesn't seem to have any love for any other Martians so I really doubt she had a home on Vers. I go with the theory that she's lived practically her whole life on Earth. I'm guessing that her father simply had nowhere to put her when assigned to his mission and simply took her with him as a one-year old infant. Also, who would suspect a widowed father with a infant girl to be a Martian spy? It's the perfect cover.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-09-04 at 13:19.
Old 2014-09-04, 10:09   Link #22
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Asseylum had to be on Earth long enough to have learned its customs and also so that her father could train her.
I think you meant to write "Rayet" there.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-09-04, 13:21   Link #23
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I think you meant to write "Rayet" there.
Oops! A a a and corrected!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-04, 21:18   Link #24
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, we know he's been on Earth for 15 years, as he said so in episode 2. Rayet had to be on Earth long enough to have learned its customs and also so that her father could train her. Also, she seemed to have a close relationship with her father, and a lot of respect as she refers to him as "-sama". That takes years to gain.
But is it "healthy" to call your dad "sama" in Japan? I wouldn't go around calling my dad "Mr.".
Old 2014-09-04, 22:04   Link #25
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But is it "healthy" to call your dad "sama" in Japan? I wouldn't go around calling my dad "Mr.".
Isn't "Mr." closer to "-san"? To use the honorific of "-sama" would indicate a higher position than even that. I've seen some anime were the character would address their father or older sibling with "-sama", but it usually indicated that the relationship between the two was distant and that they were extremely respectful of that family member and that person was in a position of power within the family. Which is weird since Rayet seemed to have a close relationship with her dad, and they didn't seem to be on two different levels of address. So, it was just kind of weird that she would address him like that.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-05, 03:28   Link #26
Arya

My knowledge is really poor about honorifics and such, but, along with Irenesharda, I was under the impression that the -sama could also be used to express great respect and admiration, that not excludes strong family ties. I guess it was probably used mostly in the feudal Japan period. Period from which apparently the VERS took their class system. So it fits with Rayet family origins, since it was a way to hint their VERS origins.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-06, 16:10   Link #27
Death Usagi
Banned

So with Ep. 10's development on Rayet, I wonder how things will move for her.

I am glad she is a heroine who is getting a lot of development (Unlike someone like Inko and Yuki... >_>)
Old 2014-09-06, 16:58   Link #28
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post

I am glad she is a heroine who is getting a lot of development (Unlike someone like Inko and Yuki... >_>)
Inko and Yuki aren't heroine they ar support characters I dont think Rayet a heroine either But your right she got some development.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:40   Link #29
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post

I think that Rayet will become a close protector of Asseylum and will work with her to try to reform Vers.

She and Inaho will work to fight for and protect the princess.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-06, 19:18   Link #30
Death Usagi
Banned

Looking by the talent, I would say Rayet could become the female ace pilot lol
Old 2014-09-07, 04:09   Link #31
D-Joe

I think she may become Knight in later episode,but will be princess's Knight
Old 2014-09-07, 09:13   Link #32
Death Usagi
Banned

That may depend on the development between her and Asseylum in the future episodes. Right now it is kind of awkward
Old 2014-09-07, 11:20   Link #33
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
I think she may become Knight in later episode,but will be princess's Knight
That's what I think too. Sort of similar to Jeremiah from Geass in that he was an enemy to begin with, then becomes a loyal ally later on.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-07, 14:04   Link #34
Death Usagi
Banned

I just hope Rayet and Asseylum will become friends after
Old 2014-09-08, 02:09   Link #35
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Rayet reminds me of Kallen Statdfeld. A girl that feels like an outsider wherever she goes, has red hair, and sort of likes pulling guns on people or getting into fights after bathing.
Old 2014-09-08, 04:27   Link #36
Key Board
Carbon

and they both had daddy issues
Kallen eventually latched on to Zero to fill in that void
If this happens to Rayet I hope it's executed in a better way
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-09-08, 10:08   Link #37
Juke16

Rayet reminds me of Flay Allster actually, Kallen doesn't go around stabbing people for no reason while Flay Allster found a gun and almost killed someone, just like Rayet.
Old 2014-09-08, 10:16   Link #38
Death Usagi
Banned

Does that mean if Rayet goes more crazy, she will rape Inaho?! O_O
Old 2014-09-08, 10:31   Link #39
Juke16

Flay never raped Kira (at least I don't think it was rape...) O.o
Old 2014-09-08, 11:09   Link #40
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Rayet reminds me of Flay Allster actually, Kallen doesn't go around stabbing people for no reason while Flay Allster found a gun and almost killed someone, just like Rayet.
Actually, if you want to go with SEED, Rayet is more like Miriallia than she is Flay. Flay was a whiny, prejudice, hypocrite that used and manipulated people for her own selfish goals. I would take Rayet any day, over Flay. Flay is my second most hated female gundam character. I hated her so much.

Now let's look more at Miriallia.
Spoiler for SEED:

Doesn't this sort of sound more familiar to Rayet's story of a girl that is faced with tragedy and so internalizes her pain until a single off comment breaks her and she tries to commit murder, only to be eventually overwhelmed by her emotions and forms a connection with the person she tried to kill?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread

Tags
characters