AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 34.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 19.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-06, 13:51   Link #41
MartianMage

Well pretty much half of this episode has been predicted since last week so it wasn't really that surprising. But boy... oh boy... it looks like the last 2 episodes are gonna be exciting to watch.

Also... Inaho got friendzone'd
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-06, 13:52   Link #42
GDB

Ugh, Inaho. He did the one thing I was hoping he wouldn't do, and that was be totally cool with Rayet trying to kill the Princess. At least the Princess herself wasn't stupid (I don't count her asking for forgiveness from Rayet, since you can attribute that partially to trying to calm the situation and partially her being groggy from being dead for a couple of minutes). The Captain at least wasn't having any of what Inaho was and locked that crazy girl up.

As for Saazbaum's girlfriend... taking bets that she's still alive? Her mech appeared to be mostly intact in the cave, along with the ship, so unless her ass got melted in the cockpit I see no reason to believe she died from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Well pretty much half of this episode has been predicted since last week so it wasn't really that surprising. But boy... oh boy... it looks like the last 2 episodes are gonna be exciting to watch.
It's 2 cours (split season, as Fate/Stay Night will have its air slot next season, then back to this in the Winter, then back to FSN in the Spring), so there's actually still around 14-16 episodes left.
Old 2014-09-06, 13:52   Link #43
Death Usagi
Banned

Inaho uses CPR on the princess!

Princess uses Friend-Zone!

It is not very effective...
Old 2014-09-06, 13:53   Link #44
Wandering Soul

First Saazbaum grabs a knife to make his blade bleed despite the fact he made his point.

Then he frees a prisoner by shooting the handcuffs.

Sazzbaum really is dramatic isn't he?
Old 2014-09-06, 13:53   Link #45
Death Usagi
Banned

If that bullet hit the wrong place...
Old 2014-09-06, 13:55   Link #46
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Spoiler for funny enough:
Well.. my theory is that in the initial plans, the dual protagonist was Slaine and Asseylum

But I think editors forced in Inaho and he took half of Asseylum's role
because after all, Asseylum is a girl and belongs in the damn kitchen
giving a female character that much agency? can't have that

right?

the silver-lining for me is that Inaho's weirdness makes me different
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-09-06, 13:55   Link #47
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's 2 cours (split season, as Fate/Stay Night will have its air slot next season, then back to this in the Winter, then back to FSN in the Spring), so there's actually still around 14-16 episodes left.
Ah yes, I'm very well aware of that fact. I simply meant the last 2 episodes for this cour.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-06, 13:57   Link #48
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Spoiler for yes:
Spoiler for heh:
Old 2014-09-06, 13:59   Link #49
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
All the Inaho hate. come on hes not that bad i give he bland and stoic but I like
that Assalyum and Inaho are friend i rather that than right out love at first sight. I get the feeling Slaine the only one the prodcer and writers care about they can't beat gundam with that mindset. But we get more back story with sazzbaum and his wife and why the Martain hate Terrans. Slaine get freed i wounder what he will do at episode 12 and omward. Hes the main lead next core i wounder if they will show us what going on Inaho side next core like with slaine.
Old 2014-09-06, 13:59   Link #50
GDB

Why are you guys still using spoiler tags about non-spoiler things?
Old 2014-09-06, 14:02   Link #51
MartianMage

Also I'll get this out of the way now:
Quote:
Inaho's behavior with Rayet makes no sense at all. He shot Slaine because he suspected he was an assassin but to a real assassin he does this?
People... people... aren't we forgetting the fact that Slaine shot first? Maybe you think that Slaine shooting first is trivial... but it's not. It makes a huge difference when compared to a broken down assassin who's about to commit suicide due to guilt.
Old 2014-09-06, 14:03   Link #52
ookamigirl

Rayet messed things up.
Still Inaho saved the day.
Rayet declared herself as Martian, not Vers. Interesting.
Princess actually forgave her attempted murder..
Inaho has skills. Wonder what his story is.
Saazbaum finally explained the Vers situation and goal.
Wow! Princess went live and finally showed her face in public.
It was nice she set things straight.
Seems like Saazbaum has his own plan.. That can't be good.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-09-06, 14:03   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well.. my theory is that in the initial plans, the dual protagonist was Slaine and Asseylum

But I think editors forced in Inaho and he took half of Asseylum's role
because after all, Asseylum is a girl and belongs in the damn kitchen
giving a female character that much agency? can't have that
I doubt that was the plan, but I think it would have made for a far better show than what we got. A lot more cohesive and focused.

Quote:
aren't we forgetting the fact that Slaine shot first? Maybe you think that Slaine shooting first is trivial... but it's not. It makes a huge difference when compared to a broken down assassin who's about to commit suicide due to guilt.
Rayet "shot first" too. Do you already forget she tried to kill the princess?
Old 2014-09-06, 14:03   Link #54
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
True, I mean Slaine did also fight on his side like Rayet did. Maybe Inaho pitied Rayet? Research does show that women's tear can have a affect on men.

The show isn't over yet remember? We may get more development for Inaho next season.
I'm sure if Inaho had seen Slaine cuteness, he would have been moved too. He's cuter than any of the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Probably if the first inspiration was A Princess of Mars.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-06, 14:04   Link #55
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
First Saazbaum grabs a knife to make his blade bleed despite the fact he made his point.

Then he frees a prisoner by shooting the handcuffs.

Sazzbaum really is dramatic isn't he?
I feel that he is asking for a death wish or something. He's pretty given Slaine a free hand in doing things and to me it's almost like he wants someone, Slaine even, to stop him so he could be with his lover again. Again, I don't think he was lying at all to Slaine. I think he wanted someone, specifically Terran, to understand why he was doing what he was doing. Now that his debt is repaid it's a free for all now for Slaine and he knows Slaine is loyal to the princess whom he's going to attack.

The way they were going about the situation though it sounds like the Earth right now is on its last leg, if Russia falls then they're screwed so the line is drawn there.

Quote:
Even if they can't terraformed it, the situation will be much better than currently. No Heaven's Fall and living standard will be much higher on Mars with Earth sending in the supplies and perhaps with both sides working together someday the Mars can be terraformed using the Aldnoah.

Honesty if the recent episodes is tying to give sympathy to the Vers, they failed horribly as with the like of Vagan.
No I think this series does a better job fleshing it out than the Vagans in Age Gundam.

We now know what's going on in Mars. Does it make us sympathetic? I dunno Saazbaum makes it very clear he blames the Vers Empire and NOT Earth and we know he's not the only one. They are fighting for survival so it makes sense and he wants to destroy the Vers family which is understandable. Earth just so happens to be caught in the middle of a blood war. Earth's survival depends on Asseyum now.

Though it's funny that Saazabaum pointed out that colonizing Mars was a huge mistake given it's lack of resources. It's what some of us pointed out. Mars should've just been your typical science outpost researching technology. It's clear now that Vers was driven by greed and power for himself and the people of Mars suffered because of that.
Old 2014-09-06, 14:07   Link #56
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As for Saazbaum's girlfriend... taking bets that she's still alive? Her mech appeared to be mostly intact in the cave, along with the ship, so unless her ass got melted in the cockpit I see no reason to believe she died from that.
I hope the Earth forces aren't dumb enough to make a flying battleship they can't activate, so most likely she was alive at some point in the past after Heaven's Fall.
Old 2014-09-06, 14:08   Link #57
wisteria233

Quote:
Also I'll get this out of the way now:

People... people... aren't we forgetting the fact that Slaine shot first? Maybe you think that Slaine shooting first is trivial... but it's not. It makes a huge difference when compared to a broken down assassin who's about to commit suicide due to guilt.
Because it is essentially the situation is the same as it was with Slaine, except in Slaine's case, if Inaho had not shot him down then more good would have probably come out of it. Actually considering who Rayet is the situation with her is worse than it was with Slaine, hence why people think that Inaho is an idiot.
Old 2014-09-06, 14:08   Link #58
MartianMage

Also about Tharsis... uhhh... Slaine can't use it right? I mean he can't activate the drive himself... unless it's something as simple as Saazbaum activating it and just giving it to him...
Quote:
Because it is essentially the situation is the same as it was with Slaine, except in Slaine's case, if Inaho had not shot him down then more good would have probably come out of it. Actually considering who Rayet is the situation with her is worse than it was with Slaine, hence why people think that Inaho is an idiot.
uhhh... you're still ignoring the fact that Slaine shot first. Like I said... you may think it's trivial... but it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Rayet "shot first" too. Do you already forget she tried to kill the princess?
Are you seriously arguing this? I mean what the hell people. This situation is complete different from Slaine's. Inaho didn't have the luxury of being armed in this whole situation. Also he took down Rayet and he took him down as she's about to commit suicide. This is not the same as what happened to Slaine. Your oversimplification is ridiculous.
Old 2014-09-06, 14:09   Link #59
Thess

Quote:
Spoiler for heh:
Spoiler for why are we using spoilers tags?:

Quote:
Not to mention Inaho brought up this mess with inappropriate questions and timing as far as the plot is concerned. But seems he'll get karma back in the last episode.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-06, 14:09   Link #60
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Also about Tharsis... uhhh... Slaine can't use it right? I mean he can't activate the drive himself... unless it's something as simple as Saazbaum activating it and just giving it to him...
He shouldn't be able to active it, unless he actually can and we were never told.