AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 22 27.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 32.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-13, 15:33   Link #61
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Capt. Darzana makes one last ditch effort in her destroyed ship, and orders a kamikaze attack on the landing castle, using the Deucalion. The episode ends with the cliffhanger of the battle being turned from out of Inaho's capable hands. The boy genius has finally been outmaneuvered!
Everything is still according to the plan since Asseylum is now next to the castle without doing the obital landing and there a big hole open up for them to enter.
if Saazbaum is smart he should had wait til princess is outside of the ship then attack her.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:39   Link #62
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Slaine =bat
so I think it's better if he pilot duke black mecha
while Inaho use white mecha

and it look like the princess is about to get 180% turn about her belief
Inaho = orange. Look the website is orange and black as emphasis. Neither of them will get Tharsis. White is Asseylum's color.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-13, 15:41   Link #63
Random14

Lots of action, but kind of a boring episode for me since its so one-sided. I think last episode said that even with a landing castle, taking United Earth HQ would be difficult? Well, seems like the toughest thing is trying to find the Princess in such a large place, since otherwise all the other defenses don't do much. And huh, the traitors sure have a lot of troops, its not just say a few nobles plotting to kill her, they have soldiers openly ordering "Kill the Princess".

As well as convenient coincidences here and there, but that's normal for an anime (a mostly undamaged mech crashing through Rayet's cell that she can then climb into). Too bad Marito is commanding the assault rather than fighting, but at least he's actually doing something. Though liked his line earlier about how this is total war, forget negotiations. They tried it the civil way "The Princess isn't dead" and the traitors covered it up already.

I was wondering why Mustang 33 got a voice and more than 1 line- so he could die. Wasn't sure if that was Marito or someone else joining in, but nope, just fodder. That's not going to help nerves. And looks like Saazbaum's backstory about his dead lover is accurate since he's still referring to it alone. No idea what Slaine is up to, flying around in a plane that's out of ammunition. And when all else fails, ramming speed. Good thing the AA was weakened earlier. Now to see if they'll disable the castle or take out Saazbaum first. Not that there seems to be much of earth left either way. Good battle music for the entire episode though. Now to see how the plan will work out next week.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:45   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Say what you will about A/Z, those guys know how to make cool fights. That small maid and Rayet even moved me, despite irritating me in just about every other appearance they've had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Everything is still according to the plan since Asseylum is now next to the castle without doing the obital landing and there a big hole open up for them to enter.
That's what I like about Inaho's plans. They have a bit of flex in them. They don't depend on everyone doing exactly as he predicted, down to the minute. Though I kinda wonder why using the Deucalion's armor to shield the descending princess wasn't their plan A.

Quote:
if Saazbaum is smart he should had wait til princess is outside of the ship then attack her.
He may not know she's on board. He may be attacking that ship because fuck that ship. It's an insult to the memory of his beloved, yadda yadda.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2014-09-13 at 16:13.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:46   Link #65
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Inaho = orange. Look the website is orange and black as emphasis. Neither of them will get Tharsis. White is Asseylum's color.
he could just paint it white

though it would be cool if Asseylum pilot it
I guess it;s reverse MC persona
since normally it's male MC fight against his own people

...than again there is many MC enemy who join enemy"alien" side
Old 2014-09-13, 15:49   Link #66
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's what I like about Inaho's plans. They have a bit of flex in them. They don't depend on everyone doing exactly as he predicted, down to the minute. Though I kinda wonder why using the Decualion's armor to shield the descending princess wasn't their plan A.
Give credit where it's due: It wasn't really his plan. It was Asseylum's. His input in the planning failed and it was Miss Darzana who did the damage control which was something he had not taken into account.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-13, 15:55   Link #67
Zoks

Quote:
Give credit where it's due: It wasn't really his plan. It was Asseylum's. His input in the planning failed and it was Miss Darzana who did the damage control which was something he had not taken into account.
I don't know why they let a high school kid make all the plans anyways. But yeah, this is the consequence that we all knew he was eventually going to face when he's up against the unknown. He had no idea that Saazbaum's Kataphrakt could fly so he did not take that into account. I'm guessing he was assuming all resistance he was going to face was going to be on the castle, with the Martian Kataphrakts still on land.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:57   Link #68
Death Usagi
Banned

Why am I getting the feeling that Saazbaum's castle will become the crew's next base?

What is this, Gurren Lagann?
Old 2014-09-13, 15:58   Link #69
ChampDream
Alive

good episode, really like the part with the maid driving and I find it funny that Slaine leave the castle to search for the princess and the princess just decide to go to the castle.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:59   Link #70
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
I don't know why they let a high school kid make all the plans anyways. But yeah, this is the consequence that we all knew he was eventually going to face when he's up against the unknown. He had no idea that Saazbaum's Kataphrakt could fly so he did not take that into account. I'm guessing he was assuming all resistance he was going to face was going to be on the castle, with the Martian Kataphrakts still on land.
I'm glad it failed and only got people killed. Pity that it'll never be addressed... Inaho's scenes with his sister were good.

Old 2014-09-13, 16:03   Link #71
Zoks

Quote:
I'm glad it failed and only got people killed. Pity that it'll never be addressed... Inaho's scenes with his sister were good.
I wouldn't call it a complete failure. It's not like the ideal plan was to crash the Deucalion into the castle. It was obviously the best shot into the dark they could have made. But at least it shows Inaho can't make plans for things he cannot account for.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:05   Link #72
ReddyRedWolf

And now the princess is convinced that the Martian people needs to be put down like a rabid dog! Good work Sazzbaum! You've destroyed any faith she had on her people.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:13   Link #73
monster

Quote:
Inaho still gets credit for the plan. Asseylum's part of the plan is the end goal. The planning to reach that end goal belongs to Inaho.

Also, the reason why the Captain was able to implement the "damage control" in this particular case was also because of Inaho's plan to attack from above. Thus, when her ship lost altitude, she was in the right position to let it fall down on top of the target.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:18   Link #74
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
The part that he was responsible for didn't failed, in fact it make easier for the others to land solely because of him. Please also give Inaho the credit where's it's due.

Saazbaum is a outlier to his plan because how will Inaho predicts that his Kat has a stealth capabilities?
Old 2014-09-13, 16:24   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Asseylum's plan was "get to the castle's Aldnoah drive... somehow".

Now, it might be that Inaho gave the briefing because everyone likes the sound of his voice, but I doubt it. So it was probably his idea to jump the ship into the stratosphere and drop the Kats. What I'd call the "actual plan". And his input, as you'd call it, successfully put most of their Kat force on the castle.

But yes, the Captain's the one who kept them on track when they hit a snag. Well done for her cool head and resolve. But it brings us back to my point: they weren't completely hosed just because the enemy failed to play his role perfectly.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:29   Link #76
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm pretty sure Asseylum's plan was "get to the castle's Aldnoah drive... somehow".

Now, it might be that Inaho gave the briefing because everyone likes the sound of his voice, but I doubt it. So it was probably his idea to jump the ship into the stratosphere and drop the Kats. What I'd call the "actual plan". And his input, as you'd call it, successfully put most of their Kat force on the castle.

But yes, the Captain's the one who kept them on track when they hit a snag. Well done for her cool head and resolve. But it brings us back to my point: they weren't completely hosed just because the enemy failed to play his role perfectly.
Yes but I wouldn't count that towards Inaho's credit. I don't think at any point he considered ramming the Deucalion into the castle.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:37   Link #77
Thess

Quote:
Yes but I wouldn't count that towards Inaho's credit. I don't think at any point he considered ramming the Deucalion into the castle.
Exactly...

Old 2014-09-13, 16:42   Link #78
monster

Quote:
He doesn't get credit for the Captain's action. He gets credit for thinking up a plan that had the best chance of succeeding, which would include unforeseen events. What the Captain did is to logically follow though with the plan to get Asseylum to the target, which was made easier by her current position high above the target, which was part of Inaho's plan.

So Inaho gets credit for a plan that was salvageable when things go wrong. With a different plan, losing control of your ship could've as easily stopped the plan entirely. But due to the current location of the ship relative to its target, the Captain was still able to make Inaho's plan continue. So, kudos for her, and kudos for Inaho as well.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:44   Link #79
Thess

Whoever thought "Princess 1" is a good and discreet way to conceal her presence and not presume it's going to be tapped needs to be fired.

Old 2014-09-13, 16:48   Link #80
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Whoever thought "Princess 1" is a good and discreet way to conceal her presence and not presume it's going to be tapped needs to be fired.
Maybe they thought it is "reverse psychology", i.e. they expect the Martians to think that "Princess 1" is just a fake/decoy again doesn't change the fact that it was a huge risk though.