AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 22 27.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 32.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-13, 16:53   Link #81
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
He doesn't get credit for the Captain's action. He gets credit for thinking up a plan that had the best chance of succeeding, which would include unforeseen events. What the Captain did is to logically follow though with the plan to get Asseylum to the target, which was made easier by her current position high above the target, which was part of Inaho's plan.

So Inaho gets credit for a plan that was salvageable when things go wrong. With a different plan, losing control of your ship could've as easily stopped the plan entirely. But due to the current location of the ship relative to its target, the Captain was still able to make Inaho's plan continue. So, kudos for her, and kudos for Inaho as well.
That's like giving Inaho credit for thinking they should use the Deucalion in the first place. Yes, his plan to attack from the sky positioned the Deucalion in a place where they could choose that move, but it isn't like he stated "If all else fails, ram the ship in the castle." I'm not going to go so far as to all Inaho's plan was a complete failure, as he did destroy the anti-air capabilities of the castle, but I won't give him credit for when people salvage the situation when it was out of his consideration.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:55   Link #82
ReddyRedWolf

We also have to remember no plan survives contact with the enemy. Sazzbaum being smarter than the average Martian.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:03   Link #83
Arya

Great episode!! What a crazy plan Inaho came up with, but yes, if they had to counter attack the castle the only way was from above. And the only way to stop Sazzbaum I fear is to turn off the Aldnoah powers. So they will have to.
I'm also glad that Inaho plan needed Darzana to keep it on track. It show that they have a bit of flex in them, as Anh_Minh said, allowing other thinking people to step in if needed. I don't like too perfect plans.
so meanwhile Slaine reached the base so I'm expecting him to team up with the maid and Rayet. They do need help. And even if I don't care much for the maid, don't dare kill Rayet!!
About Tharsis I hope nobody will pilot it in the end. Inaho surely not, I mean, they worked so hard during this episode to make him cool with it that I don't think they will. Slaine on the other hand could, but I agree with Thess that he won't either.
I just hope the princess won't too.

If there something that I appreciate in the show is how personal feelings are not getting in the way. Or just as they should, considering the circumstances, even if it's not coming out very clearly, but Inaho keeping repeating it's war somehow looks like a reminder of it. Or they go along with the priorities, like Inaho clearing the landing area for Yuki. He did what he could do, but without compromise the plan if not in the terms that he takes highs risks on himself.
Having said that Yuki was ok with her outburst, it was reasonable, and gladly Inko, despite having the same thoughts of Yuki, didn't say anything. On the other side it's sad that Inko still remain in the shadow. Sadly Inaho didn't help her looking at her paper charm. But still, stay optimist Inko, please follow Marito advice!!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:04   Link #84
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
He doesn't get credit for the Captain's action. He gets credit for thinking up a plan that had the best chance of succeeding, which would include unforeseen events. What the Captain did is to logically follow though with the plan to get Asseylum to the target, which was made easier by her current position high above the target, which was part of Inaho's plan.

So Inaho gets credit for a plan that was salvageable when things go wrong. With a different plan, losing control of your ship could've as easily stopped the plan entirely. But due to the current location of the ship relative to its target, the Captain was still able to make Inaho's plan continue. So, kudos for her, and kudos for Inaho as well.
That is exactly what I meant. And stated. Because earlier geass comparisons made me think of "genius plans" that involve the enemy doing precisely what you want them to, where and when you want them to. So, you know, it's nice to see plans that aren't like that. Where there's still room to improvise when something goes wrong.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:06   Link #85
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
About Tharsis I hope nobody will pilot it in the end. Inaho surely not, I mean, they worked so hard during this episode to make him cool with it that I don't think they will. Slaine on the other hand could, but I agree with Thess that he won't either.
I just hope the princess won't too.
Well, there's always Rayet, but I think Asseylum is the one to do it because of the color scheme and her resolve to stop the Orbital Knights. She won't shut down the castle, she would face Saazbaum. His beef is against her. Maybe I'm giving the show too much credit, but... we'll see.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-13, 17:08   Link #86
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
That's like giving Inaho credit for thinking they should use the Deucalion in the first place. Yes, his plan to attack from the sky positioned the Deucalion in a place where they could choose that move, but it isn't like he stated "If all else fails, ram the ship in the castle." I'm not going to go so far as to all Inaho's plan was a complete failure, as he did destroy the anti-air capabilities of the castle, but I won't give him credit for when people salvage the situation when it was out of his consideration.
Like I said, Inaho doesn't get credit for the Captain's action. So I don't know why you're thinking that.

He gets credit for thinking up a plan that was easily salvageable. He may not have thought to ram the ship. But it's not like ramming the ship was something out of the ordinary given their situation and their purpose.

Their ship had failed and the target was below them. It was, dare I say it(?), a no-brainer.

And no, as we just saw, just using the Deucalion doesn't mean the plan could succeed. And the Deucalion is the only thing they have anyway, so no one would get credit for that except for Asseylum.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:10   Link #87
Irenesharda

So, as no named characters died this week, I'm going to expect a bloodbath next week.
Since the story is supposed to end on a cliffhanger and some despair, I'm expecting the tide to turn towards Saazbaum's favor. Also, even if they find some way to shut down the castle drive, wouldn't Saazbaum still have his Dioscuria drive still active? Also, I can't see Saazbaum not having a plan if the drive was taken from him. He's come too far and he's revenge driven, which makes you desperate. So, even if Asseylum cuts off the drive, what then? That doesn't stop the war.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-13, 17:14   Link #88
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Since the story is supposed to end on a cliffhanger and some despair, I'm expecting the tide to turn towards Saazbaum's favor. Also, even if they find some way to shut down the castle drive, wouldn't Saazbaum still have his Dioscuria drive still active? Also, I can't see Saazbaum not having a plan if the drive was taken from him. He's come too far and he's revenge driven, which makes you desperate. So, even if Asseylum cuts off the drive, what then? That doesn't stop the war.
Asseylum could fight him with the Tharsis.

I think episode 12 will wrap up the Orbital Knights plot with Saazbaum's death only to start some other one with Mars issues. Maybe her grandfather dies and this results in a civil war now the throne is empty?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-13, 17:15   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So, as no named characters died this week, I'm going to expect a bloodbath next week.
Saazbaum is just one of the knights committed to this. There are still people on the moon, and presumably other landing castles and Aldnoah-powered Kataphracts. And then, there's the rest of Mars.

So, yeah, just dealing with him, if they can manage that much, doesn't mean they're done.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:25   Link #90
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Well, there's always Rayet, but I think Asseylum is the one to do it because of the color scheme and her resolve to stop the Orbital Knights. She won't shut down the castle, she would face Saazbaum. His beef is against her. Maybe I'm giving the show too much credit, but... we'll see.
Yes, I was thinking that Slaine, having nothing to do in the base, will go back to the castle, but saving Rayet and the maid first and taking them with him. But it seems a bit convoluted for Rayet to get it. On the other side Asseylum piloting that thing and facing Saazbaum would go too far even for A/Z standards, I mean how could she stand a chance?
The plan is to shut down the castle and so I think they will try to do so. But, yes, it's highly possible that things could turn that way. It's just that I'd prefer a direct confrontation, face to face. Like Saazbaum, Aseylum, Inaho and Slaine.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:36   Link #91
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Yes, I was thinking that Slaine, having nothing to do in the base, will go back to the castle, but saving Rayet and the maid first and taking them with him. But it seems a bit convoluted for Rayet to get it. On the other side Asseylum piloting that thing and facing Saazbaum would go too far even for A/Z standards, I mean how could she stand a chance?
The plan is to shut down the castle and so I think they will try to do so. But, yes, it's highly possible that things could turn that way. It's just that I'd prefer a direct confrontation, face to face. Like Saazbaum, Aseylum, Inaho and Slaine.
Slaine has no ammunition. Rayet is in a better situation of saving him at the moment if she doesn't kill him first. Slaine is still considered to be the enemy.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:36   Link #92
Ryuga

I laughed when Inaho said he had the most experience fighting the Martians on the planet, he does have the best track record. Also laughed at the guy telling Inko that bullets avoid confident soldiers, and gets shot up immediately afterwards. While I think Asseylum shouldn't be anywhere near as hard on herself, it's good to see her stepping up to the plate. If she's the one who pilots the Tharsis, that'd be wicked and I'd love to see it, but they probably won't let her pilot it. As soon as the Saazster clapped eyes on the Deucalion, I knew what was gonna happen lol. The guy's Kat is pretty ridiculous too. Props to Darzana for making the best of a bad situation.

Rayet seems like she's brown bread. Unless that Kataphrakt is weak or has a flaw, I don't see her walking out of the fight alive. A shame, as she's finally beginning to redeem herself.
Old 2014-09-13, 18:04   Link #93
Death Usagi
Banned

I feel like Asseylum kind of died in the inside somewhat...
Old 2014-09-13, 18:08   Link #94
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I feel like Asseylum kind of died in the inside somewhat...
Well let's not forget she was always under the impression that once she gets her message to Mars the war would end. Now she found out the truth that her people wanted the war. With that her dreams were crushed.
Old 2014-09-13, 18:11   Link #95
Death Usagi
Banned

So she is seriously going to become Euphemia Mk. II? Slaughtering all the traitors from now on?
Old 2014-09-13, 18:20   Link #96
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Slaine has no ammunition. Rayet is in a better situation of saving him at the moment if she doesn't kill him first. Slaine is still considered to be the enemy.
Well, Rayet is the one in danger, Slaine was just doing fine. So he will find a way. And you are forgetting about the maid, they know each other, whatever will happen he will recognize the maid. And so, short story short, somehow they will team up.

Old 2014-09-13, 18:33   Link #97
Irenesharda

Quote:
Well let's not forget she was always under the impression that once she gets her message to Mars the war would end. Now she found out the truth that her people wanted the war. With that her dreams were crushed.
She really is taking all of this a little too hard on herself. She's really a pawn in all this. Also she doesn't know that Saazbaum blocked her signal, so no one heard her plea anyway.
Quote:
Asseylum could fight him with the Tharsis.

I think episode 12 will wrap up the Orbital Knights plot with Saazbaum's death only to start some other one with Mars issues. Maybe her grandfather dies and this results in a civil war now the throne is empty?
I highly doubt Asseylum will fight him. She might have power over Aldnoah, but we've never seen her fight in a kataphrackt. She barely knew how to use a gun, not even how to take the safety off.

Also, her grandfather has been absent for awhile now. I'm not just going to sign him off as dead just yet. I have a feeling he's still got more to do with the plot.

Quote:
I'm worried about Rayet, she's facing the other pieces of Dioscuria, and Saazbaum is going to need those other pieces to fully form his kataphrackt to its original state, which I'm almost sure he will before this is over. So either Rayet is going to be defeated, or Saazbaum is going to call his other pieces back before they can finish her off.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-13, 18:47   Link #98
jpwong

Quote:
Inaho = orange. Look the website is orange and black as emphasis. Neither of them will get Tharsis. White is Asseylum's color.
Watch the Tharsis' special ability be to change the paint job depending on who pilots it
I seriously can't see the princess piloting a mech in any combat role, so unless the thing's ability is "broadcast a message of world peace" I don't see it being her that pilots it. Maybe Rayet will get it if they're hell bent on the whole colour scheming.
Old 2014-09-13, 18:52   Link #99
Zoks

Quote:
She really is taking all of this a little too hard on herself. She's really a pawn in all this. Also she doesn't know that Saazbaum blocked her signal, so no one heard her plea anyway.
Well, she did spend all season preaching to the Earthlings how once she gets in contact with Mars proper the war will end and people wouldn't have to die anymore, only to have the Orbital Knights basically say, "LOL NOPE!" That's soul-crushing right there.
Old 2014-09-13, 19:42   Link #100
Nicaea

Quote:
Well, she did spend all season preaching to the Earthlings how once she gets in contact with Mars proper the war will end and people wouldn't have to die anymore, only to have the Orbital Knights basically say, "LOL NOPE!" That's soul-crushing right there.
It will be interesting to see what kind of Asseylum rises out of the ashes though.
Closed Thread