AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-23, 13:38   Link #1021
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
........Are you talking about Saazbaum? I have no idea if he's dead. He had half a dozen bullets in him, but he was still alive afterwards. Hell, he told Slaine to shoot him in the head if he wanted to kill him.
yes that's the assclown i'm talking about and all of his friends
Old 2014-10-23, 13:56   Link #1022
monster

Quote:
They. Were Attacked. Because of. Deucalion.

Because Deucalion proved the princess was alive, Saazbaum launched his attack. Not to eliminate the base, but to eliminate the princess. No Deucalion, no attack.
That comes later. Without the Deucalion, they would likely have been stranded on the island.
Old 2014-10-23, 14:34   Link #1023
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That comes later. Without the Deucalion, they would likely have been stranded on the island.
The knight was on the island because of the Deucalion. The knight sunk their ship. No Deucalion, no Knight.
Old 2014-10-23, 16:41   Link #1024
monster

Quote:
The knight was on the island because of the Deucalion. The knight sunk their ship. No Deucalion, no Knight.
Where was it said that knight was there specifically for the Deucalion?
Old 2014-10-23, 19:20   Link #1025
jpwong

Quote:
I seem to recall the knight appeared because they entered territory she claimed, not because she was valiantly protecting a location where an event that both sides don't acknowledge even happened occurred.
Old 2014-10-23, 21:43   Link #1026
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Where was it said that knight was there specifically for the Deucalion?
It was either Deucalion or because a battle was fought there before, but the Knight lady says that she wouldn't hand "this" over to the Earth Forces iirc. I just assumed she meant Deucalion (which they couldn't move) though it could be the island.
Old 2014-10-24, 02:52   Link #1027
monster

Quote:
It was either Deucalion or because a battle was fought there before, but the Knight lady says that she wouldn't hand "this" over to the Earth Forces iirc. I just assumed she meant Deucalion (which they couldn't move) though it could be the island.
The Deucalion was a secret project. Like, I said, she was simply making a territorial claim.
Old 2014-10-24, 09:15   Link #1028
XFire
150% done

Quote:
The Deucalion was a secret project. Like, I said, she was simply making a territorial claim.
She made that claim because of the significance of the site in the last war. Unless you think she dropped on an abandoned military base on a shattered island because of the scenic ocean view.
Old 2014-10-24, 14:06   Link #1029
monster

Quote:
She made that claim because of the significance of the site in the last war. Unless you think she dropped on an abandoned military base on a shattered island because of the scenic ocean view.
Even if that's the case, that still has nothing to do with the ship.

And I'm not even sure that's the case because it's not like the Earth was victorious there. The only one sentimental about that place from Mars seems to be Saazbaum. Her territorial claim is likely larger than that and she might simply be patrolling when she saw them.
Old 2014-10-24, 23:21   Link #1030
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Even if that's the case, that still has nothing to do with the ship.

And I'm not even sure that's the case because it's not like the Earth was victorious there. The only one sentimental about that place from Mars seems to be Saazbaum. Her territorial claim is likely larger than that and she might simply be patrolling when she saw them.
Eh, fine. I've actually lost view of why we're arguing about this part.
Old 2014-12-09, 05:26   Link #1031
Velsy

Hmm, ok this might be old news by now (since this finished a while ago)

But having finished the this anime. I am really speechless. They supposedly killed the 2 main characters in the last 5 mins ?. Slaine you... you idiot, you really screwed things up. If you hadnt pretended to come in like a hero, The count would of been defeated and your princess wouldnt of turned into a beehive. Then you walk up behind the wounded/concussed Inaho and end earths biggest hope with an execution shot. The guy whos protected and saved your princess countless times. Oh wait, does that pissed you off?

After thinking on it a while, its possible the princess could still live, but she would need medical aid and life support ASAP, oh but wait, according to Yuki, she went missing. So no medical aid ? Nice Slaine, really nice. You keep making the wrong choices.

All I can think of now is the new main characters would have to fall to Inko and his sister Yuki. But they really lost his tactical genius methods. Or possibly new characters will be introduce who are currently fighting elsewhere?. But after this has happened, I really want to see Yukis reaction and how this must affect her. I was hoping for an extension to show her crying. You know, hugging his body, showing us the reality of war (as if we not seen already but still <.<). Shes been the gentle caring sister whos hated seeing her little brother taking extreme risks throughout the series. This can only affect her the most out of everyone. She was a pretty good pilot while not at the tactical level of Inaho, if she turns vengeful and fights like shes already dead. I am for it. Not enough information to say if they were blood related or not. Didn't appear to have any parents.

But to say to truth, what got me interested in this was earths fight back and the birth of a Inahos legend I thought he'd make. To now it seems his legend was cut short.

Well for now the winds have been taken out of the sails. Guess I'll give Season 2 a glance when it comes.

ps- the only real positive I did see from this, was that they died together and the flashbacks that went through Inahos mind was memorable. This is assuming the princess did die too.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2014-12-09 at 05:44.
Old 2014-12-09, 05:30   Link #1032
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Hmm, ok this might be old news by now (since this finished a while ago)

But having finished the this anime. I am really speechless. They supposedly killed the 2 main characters in the last 5 mins ?. Slaine you... you idiot, you really screwed things up. If you hadnt pretended to come in like a hero, The count would of been defeated and your princess wouldnt of turned into a beehive. Then you walk up behind the wounded Inaho and end earths biggest hope with an execution shot. The guy whos protected and saved your princess countless times. Oh wait, does that pissed you off?

After thinking on it a while, its possible the princess could still live, but she would need medical aid and life support ASAP, oh but wait, according to Yuki, she went missing. So no medical aid ? Nice Slaine, really nice. You keep making the wrong choices.

All I can think of now is the new main characters would have to fall to Inko and his sister Yuki. But they really lost his tactical genius methods. Or possibly new characters will be introduce who are currently fighting elsewhere?. But after this has happened, I really want to see Yukis reaction and how this must affect her. I was hoping for an extension to show her crying. Shes been the gentle caring sister whos hated seeing her little brother taking extreme risks throughout the series. This can only affect her the most out of everyone. She was a pretty good pilot while not at the tactical level of Inaho, if she turns vengeful and fights like shes already dead. I am for it. Not enough information to say if they were blood related or not. Didn't appear to have any parents.

But to say to truth, what got me interested in this was earths fight back and the birth of a Inahos legend I thought he'd make. To now it seems his legend was cut short.

Well for now the winds have been taken out of the sails. Guess I'll give Season 2 a glance when it comes.
All I have to say is go check out the spoiler thread.
Old 2014-12-10, 02:17   Link #1033
Tatsuya_Aono

The show really put it at a Cliffhanger but i think Inaho will live and continue to fight
Old 2014-12-10, 11:05   Link #1034
Velsy

Well if he lives from that, then its terrible writing.. That was a instant kill shot. Close range headshot.

Cliffhangers should be where you uncertain if they died or not, then you pray like hell. The Princess falls into that category. But his fate is clear. And I detest when someone is clearly killed, then they are brought back with some bullshit reason. Its clear here they intended to have him killed.

As much as I liked him and probably my favorite character of the show.. the anime just killed him.

But you never know, he may turn out to be some cyborg or human experiment or something for a twist. Something to justify him living O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
All I have to say is go check out the spoiler thread.
Did they announce whats happening in the 2nd season ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2014-12-10 at 11:15.
Old 2014-12-10, 12:15   Link #1035
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Well if he lives from that, then its terrible writing.. That was a instant kill shot. Close range headshot.

Cliffhangers should be where you uncertain if they died or not, then you pray like hell. The Princess falls into that category. But his fate is clear. And I detest when someone is clearly killed, then they are brought back with some bullshit reason. Its clear here they intended to have him killed.

As much as I liked him and probably my favorite character of the show.. the anime just killed him.

But you never know, he may turn out to be some cyborg or human experiment or something for a twist. Something to justify him living O_o

Did they announce whats happening in the 2nd season ?
No, just teasers and promotional posters, including this one:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-12-10, 14:07   Link #1036
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
No, just teasers and promotional posters, including this one:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
*Squees like a fangirl*
Old 2014-12-10, 16:13   Link #1037
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Lots of people survive that. Zaeed Massani, the Bride, some woman in Mississipi...
Old 2014-12-10, 17:14   Link #1038
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
We don't even know if it was just a graze shot or a direct hit. That moron could just have hit Inaho's ear for all we know.

Season 2 will tell us more.
Old 2014-12-26, 00:49   Link #1039
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero XII. Childhood's End

Since Christmas has not yet ended where I live, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Overall, the title's episode for the season finale says it all for Asseylum, Inaho, and Slaine.

People, to be honest, even after watching the episode right now my heart continues to beat in a frenzy.

I was absolutely terrified at the prospect of Slaine shooting the Princess, fortunately, it wasn't so. Nevertheless, it bombed on me still Saazbaum in his dying moments was able to get two shots at the Princess, and one looked like to me it was at her head.

Anime rules are clear that if someones dies onscreen, then he or she is absolutely done for. Perhaps, once the episode air more than three months ago people started to formulate theories, that the Princess could have or not survived that shot.

And, what about Inaho getting shot by Slaine? Perhaps, he grazed at some non-fatal spot on the head?

And, what about Slaine? his destiny?

At the season's finale conclusion, Kaizuka stated that thanks to the Princess shutting down Saazbaum Castle, then his forces fell, and the UE forces were able to score victory. However, everything to me remains on an ambiguous note due that it isn't made clear if that event alone forced the war to the end? or forced the Earth into an uneasy interbellum period when war would likely break out again with the Martian Knights?

So, many questions dangling unanswered at this season's finale, and the possibility of two main characters to remain remotely alive is seriously questioned.

Guess, there's no other choice but joining the waiting line in expectation for season two coming next year on January.
Old 2015-02-03, 14:28   Link #1040
shoyo

done watching season 1.. that ending is really something!!