AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-24, 10:12   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Aldnoah.Zero - Character Discussion - Saazbaum

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Saazbaum related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aldnoah.Zero fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2015-01-24, 12:07   Link #2
Death Usagi
Banned

Spoiler for LOL:
Old 2015-01-24, 13:13   Link #3
bakato

Poor Saazbaum. Best villain of the year. You were no lowly rebel. You were a revolutionary.
Old 2015-01-24, 13:55   Link #4
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, kind of funny how we open this thread
Spoiler:

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:27   Link #5
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Spoiler:
I know right.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:32   Link #6
Syaokura

RIP Saazbaum. You were such a fun villain.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:33   Link #7
Death Usagi
Banned

This thread is no longer valid I think ;w;
Old 2015-01-24, 14:54   Link #8
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

RIP Saazbaum, you were the only reasonable and well written antagonist of this series. But just too bad that son of yours doesn't have a brain, shoulda make Inaho your son.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:32   Link #9
Irenesharda

Saazbaum... just got your own thread, and now you're dead. Interestingly, it sounded as if he was actually proud of Slaine for thinking up such a trap.

You won't be forgotten Saazbaum, you were a most excellent villain. Let's see where this story goes from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
RIP Saazbaum, you were the only reasonable and well written antagonist of this series. But just too bad that son of yours doesn't have a brain, shoulda make Inaho your son.
Actually, if you want to think about it, Saazbaum basically rubbed off on Slaine. Before Saazbaum took him in, Slaine had no idea about the hardships of the common folk of Vers, nor did he seem the least bit duplicitous. However, Saazbaum, a man who's backstabbed many a person to get his own goals achieved, got outsmarted by similar tactics that he himself used. I'd actually kinda call it karma.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-01-24 at 16:14.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:05   Link #10
ChampDream
Alive

RIP Saazbaum, well at least you die proud of your only son, I also think he probably was expecting something like that.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:14   Link #11
AverageFan

Saazbaun was a good character and I liked him. I think maybe keeping him alive a bit longer was better. Maybe he could have become a prisoner of war captured by Inaho. Giving Slaine another motivation to fight Inaho.
Regardless in the end he accepted defeat with honor and pride, with a smile on his face. Good Night Count Saazbaun.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:19   Link #12
monster

I would've been more sympathetic if this did not recycle the scenario in episode 12. We already know that Saabaum doesn't mind being killed by Slaine as long as his plan succeeded and we also already know that Slaine cared enough about Asseylum to hurt Saazbaum.

The only surprise was that Slaine didn't kill Saazbaum in episode 12. So this episode just rectifies that situation.

In other words, all the emotional response this scene could've elicited in me had been spent watching episode 12.

Oh well, now on to other things.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:37   Link #13
monster

Sorry for the double post, but I was thinking of Saazbaum's goal. I'm not sure if Saazbaum's plan is going to be an attempt at creating a society that lives by the ideal of having no ruling class controlling the wealth (or Aldnoah technology in this case), but in implementation, a de facto ruling class still exists even as it does away with the previous ruling class.

Then again, that might just be the cynical side in me.
Old 2015-01-24, 17:59   Link #14
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Spoiler:
I know it really is ironic

RIP Sazzbaum. You were an interesting antagonist and at least you went out proudly at the hands of your son.
Old 2015-01-24, 18:22   Link #15
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Slaine betrayed Saazbaum for similar reasons Saazbaum betrayed the Vers empire, so Saazbaum did not feel angry at Slaine in the end, because he understands that it would have been hypocrisy to do so. Instead he was proud that Slaine learned what he as his new father taught him and even, in a way, surpassed him.
Old 2015-01-24, 22:52   Link #16
LKK

Wow. I had no idea that Death Flag powers came with being a mod. I'll be more careful in the future. Sorry about that, Saazbaum.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-01-24, 22:53   Link #17
Esclair

Yeah, definitely a good ending for one of the best characters in the show. It also helps that Slaine is now poised to take his place instead of staying the whipping boy of the story.
Old 2015-01-24, 23:04   Link #18
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Spoiler:
It was hilarious
Old 2015-01-25, 05:19   Link #19
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wow. I had no idea that Death Flag powers came with being a mod. I'll be more careful in the future. Sorry about that, Saazbaum.
Holy s**t son. Didn't realize that this would happen.

So uh... now what?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-01-25, 10:50   Link #20
Utsuro no Hako

I'm waiting for somebody to rewrite Tom Jones' Sexbomb for Saaz.

Actually, it doesn't even need that much rewriting apart from changing Sexbomb to Saazbaum.

Quote:
No don't get me wrong ain't gonna do you no harm no
This bomb's made for lovin' and you can shoot it far
I'm your main target come and help me ignite ow
Love struck holding you tight hold me tight darlin'
Closed Thread

Tags
characters