AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-05-18, 17:11   Link #19981
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The title alone causes confusion, but when the creator throws things like this at you:

It's getting really hard not to think of this as a crossover.
You can say the same of the first and second opening, and the other potential references to come that the author can add to this project since it's not something commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Nanoha (or Fate, or Hayate) is going to die. And I will laugh.
According to the authoress she won't do that. Please stop misinforming the community.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 17:40   Link #19982
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Then perhaps she should have picked a different title, and as Keroko has shown, artwork to avoid the association with the School Days visual novel and Nice Boat.

That way, we can completely avoid such conclusions despite having very little information to work off of.

Misinforming the community? Naw. Just making my own observations and conclusions with what information available to me. Much like you do.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:50   Link #19983
BPHaru

Quote:
Nanoha (or Fate, or Hayate) is going to die. And I will laugh.
Quote:
Misinforming the community? Naw. Just making my own observations and conclusions with what information available to me. Much like you do.
You stated as a fact that the characters were going to die, not as an opinion.
And I'm not making conclusions of anything either, I'm just posting information that the authoress made public.

Cuídate y sigue sonriendo
Old 2009-05-18, 17:52   Link #19984
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER

Spoiler for size:

EDIT: Apparently I fail at linking. Ah well

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2009-05-18 at 18:03.
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 17:57   Link #19985
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
You stated as a fact that the characters were going to die, not as an opinion.
And I'm not making conclusions of anything either, I'm just posting information that the authoress made public.

Cuídate y sigue sonriendo
Nah. That's not how it works. Since Tempest is talking about events that haven't happened yet and isn't the creator it's prediction and not fact (and I sincerely doubt anyone took it as fact of what will happen XD). Calm yourself down there's no need to get in a tizzy over a little fanwork. And btw authoress isn't the right word since she isn't writing and it's not a published work anyhoo (also no one uses authoress ^^). Use creator.

Have a nice day.

And to keep it on topic Anyone have some nice Numbers pics to share because I'm too lazy to go searching XD
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 17:58   Link #19986
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

That is your assumption of my conclusion.

My only assertion is that when they die, I will laugh.

Doujin. Serious business.
Old 2009-05-18, 18:03   Link #19987
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 18:12   Link #19988
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Nah. That's not how it works. Since Tempest is talking about events that haven't happened yet and isn't the creator it's prediction and not fact.
"They are going to die. And I will laugh."
"If they are going to die, I will laugh."

I thought that if you don't use "if" you are stating the idea, in this case stating that the characters will die and that he will laugh. At least that's how it works in my native language.
The second phrase seems easier to understand for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
And btw authoress isn't the right word since she isn't writing and it's not a published work anyhoo (also no one uses authoress ^^). Use creator.
Thank you, that's the kind of feedback that is really useful to improve my grammar, since I can't notice something like that by myself because in Spanish we can use both words in that context.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-05-18, 18:15   Link #19989
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 19:01   Link #19990
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

It seems I have forgotten that tone doesn't carry very well over the internet.

I remain unapologetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Caster? Is that you? What are you doing here?
Old 2009-05-18, 20:12   Link #19991
Magia Erebea

You know all this talk of nice boats and Nanoha has got me kinda excited (no not in that way). I've been thinking about two interesting scenarios each with an armada of nice boats. Both AUs though, neither of which have magic. If I could find someone with some skill at drawing or writing I'd like to make something of it.

The first is call: "Jealous Girlfriend Brutal Nanoha"
Pairings: Fate/Nanoha, Gruesome Death/Almost Everyone
Cast: Fate, Nanoha, Hayate, Lindy (Fate's mother), Chrono (Fate's older brother), Vivio (Fate's little sister). And probably others.

It'd be a schoolgirl type thing. Fates family moves to Japan because her mother (Lindy) has accepted a job offer. She befriends the unpopular but seemingly mentally stable Nanoha and things...they turn out poorly (see title). It should go without saying that Nanoha would serve as the Villain in this one, Fate would be the Heroine.

The second doesn't have a name
Pairings: Fate/Nanoha, Fate/Squick
Cast: Still Pending.

I'm still working out how the character relationships will work out. Until then I don't see much. Though I know in this one I want to make Nanoha the Heroine and Fate the Villain.

I'd go into these more but they'll likely to be fanfiction if anything at all. Though ideally it'd be a rather lengthy doujin but I've got zero talent drawing wise...I can do stick figures and that's it. I'd really like to pair with someone (Maybe more?) who possesses that particular talent that I so obviously lack. And since I'd like it to be drawn this seems like a proper place to discuss it. So if anyone has any interest or could point someone with any interest my way I'd really appreciate it.

Both follow the same skeletal set up. The Heroine and the Villain start off as friends and become lovers with everything bright and cheerful in the beginning and plenty of fluff to go around. Then we get a glimpse of the Villain's life before the Heroine and see that it was none-too pleasant, family issues man. The Villain's darker side starts to show itself. Things start going down hill as the Villain starts to become more and more unstable (each story varies on how). At first the Heroine may try to help the Villain until they realize just how bad the situation is then the climax comes when the Villain tries to do something unthinkable to someone close to the Heroine and the Heroine is forced to kill the Villain in defense.

In both cases I want Vivio to be the "someone close". Making her a key character in that she's what causes the Heroine of each scenario to kill the Villain.

Also I want to give the other characters some screen time, just focusing on two characters is way too blah. Besides with proper screen time anyone reading would get attached to the character so when something horrible happens it'd really have an affect on them.

But this is all just a bunch of hopeless drivel. I may have the vision but I sure ain't got the hands. And there may not be any too interested in helping.
Magia Erebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 20:37   Link #19992
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Can we all stop talking about squicky things and go back to spamming large amounts of delicious Nanoha imagery? Please?
Old 2009-05-18, 20:41   Link #19993
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magia Erebea View Post
You know all this talk of nice boats and Nanoha has got me kinda excited (no not in that way). I've been thinking about two interesting scenarios each with an armada of nice boats. Both AUs though, neither of which have magic. If I could find someone with some skill at drawing or writing I'd like to make something of it.

The first is call: "Jealous Girlfriend Brutal Nanoha"
Pairings: Fate/Nanoha, Gruesome Death/Almost Everyone
Cast: Fate, Nanoha, Hayate, Lindy (Fate's mother), Chrono (Fate's older brother), Vivio (Fate's little sister). And probably others.

It'd be a schoolgirl type thing. Fates family moves to Japan because her mother (Lindy) has accepted a job offer. She befriends the unpopular but seemingly mentally stable Nanoha and things...they turn out poorly (see title). It should go without saying that Nanoha would serve as the Villain in this one, Fate would be the Heroine.

The second doesn't have a name
Pairings: Fate/Nanoha, Fate/Squick
Cast: Still Pending.

I'm still working out how the character relationships will work out. Until then I don't see much. Though I know in this one I want to make Nanoha the Heroine and Fate the Villain.

I'd go into these more but they'll likely to be fanfiction if anything at all. Though ideally it'd be a rather lengthy doujin but I've got zero talent drawing wise...I can do stick figures and that's it. I'd really like to pair with someone (Maybe more?) who possesses that particular talent that I so obviously lack. And since I'd like it to be drawn this seems like a proper place to discuss it. So if anyone has any interest or could point someone with any interest my way I'd really appreciate it.

Both follow the same skeletal set up. The Heroine and the Villain start off as friends and become lovers with everything bright and cheerful in the beginning and plenty of fluff to go around. Then we get a glimpse of the Villain's life before the Heroine and see that it was none-too pleasant, family issues man. The Villain's darker side starts to show itself. Things start going down hill as the Villain starts to become more and more unstable (each story varies on how). At first the Heroine may try to help the Villain until they realize just how bad the situation is then the climax comes when the Villain tries to do something unthinkable to someone close to the Heroine and the Heroine is forced to kill the Villain in defense.

In both cases I want Vivio to be the "someone close". Making her a key character in that she's what causes the Heroine of each scenario to kill the Villain.

Also I want to give the other characters some screen time, just focusing on two characters is way too blah. Besides with proper screen time anyone reading would get attached to the character so when something horrible happens it'd really have an affect on them.

But this is all just a bunch of hopeless drivel. I may have the vision but I sure ain't got the hands. And there may not be any too interested in helping.
Belongs on the Fanfic thread even if you want it drawn.

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2009-05-18 at 20:58.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 22:09   Link #19994
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magia Erebea View Post
Spoiler for Space:
There, try it better here, buddy.

Don't worry, when I joined I made the same mistake and posted fic material here as mistake

And 1000 pages, woooooo!
Old 2009-05-18, 22:14   Link #19995
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi

Random White Devil reposts to get thread back on track :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 22:16   Link #19996
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Ahh, excellent.

I was waiting for that.

EDIT: Post #20,000 Get.

And thus history was made with this image repost.

Last edited by Tempy; 2009-05-18 at 22:20. Reason: 20000, yo.
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 22:23   Link #19997
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Ahh, excellent.

I was waiting for that.

Yes it was, and the pic is just awesome.

Edit: Page Claim for the pairings in this pic.

Last edited by The Guy Named Zeo; 2009-05-18 at 22:31. Reason: page claim
The Guy Named Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 23:13   Link #19998
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Lol 20K posts... Looks like the other rival finally caught up with Cadia Ein...

But there's still Cadia Zwei. Somehow.
Old 2009-05-19, 01:44   Link #19999
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Ahh, excellent.

I was waiting for that.

Hellz yeah.

Now call me an idiot, but who's that in the lower left? Is that Nanoha? The apparent height distance is throwing my judgement off, but maybe that's just because Hayate is hanging from Yuuno's back and appears taller than she actually is. Although Fate also looks taller than normal, too.

Whatever. I'm going with Nanoha, lol.
Old 2009-05-19, 01:47   Link #20000
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Naw I kid. Yeah, that's Nanoha.

The Aces <3 Yuuno.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw