AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 10:44   Link #18801
demino_hellsin
That one guy

4 hours of sleep only and somehow I find myself posting here instead of catching up

I'm wondering about balancing pseudo shift D's speed. I'm thinking the maximum speed increases by only a little, but the acceleration becomes insane. Maneuverability would be a lot worse though. How much should I increase the first two without making it too god mod?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:55   Link #18802
agetreme
Just another Idiot

@demino:
Quote:
without making it too god mod
Quote:
Maneuverability would be a lot worse though
This.

Make Pseudo-shift a double blade sword. It is faster but difficult to control due to "Lack of experience".

A true shift means a balance between control and speed.

Edit: The IS became experienced with the Pilot enough find the "right" speed which the Pilot is capable of controlling.
Old 2012-01-20, 11:00   Link #18803
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oddly enough, the Silver Gospel in this idea of mine is radically different from an IS in a way that it is learning like a human. Instead of taking information in relation to others, it is learning in accordance to its own needs. The pseudo shifts are an ability unique to Gospel's core, making it essentially different from a one-off ability.

Just defining the pseudo shift.
Old 2012-01-20, 12:01   Link #18804
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Dude,

If a certain ability is unique to a certain core only, it is called One-Off ability....

Other than One-off ability, everything else is kind of achievable by other IS.

Therefore Pseudo-shift is not unique to Sliver Gospel (in your story), other IS cores can do it too but Sliver Gospel (in your story) is the only one that do it so far....

Spoiler for Canon:

Edit
Side note: It has been mentioned that Barrier Void ability is not Unique... other advance users can do it too....
Old 2012-01-20, 12:14   Link #18805
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Prom is done! Whew it's really tiring. Plus it's so hot outside the Hotel ._.

Anyone who needs help for something?
Old 2012-01-20, 16:07   Link #18806
Eratas123

Anybody here? Just posting before I go teach.
Old 2012-01-20, 17:48   Link #18807
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - She's another type of lethal chef THing is, does she know she's bad to the point that the kitchen blows up? Also, does her family let her cook?
Yes. And no, Kajie is the one who learnt all the recipes.
Old 2012-01-20, 20:35   Link #18808
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I defined the pseudo-shift as an ability different from a one-off ability because one-off abilities require maximum synchronization with the IS to activate. Pseudo-shift doesn't, it relies solely on Silver Gospel.

Though I didn't know that the one off ability was core specific. I thought it was frame specific
Old 2012-01-20, 20:56   Link #18809
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Are you serious? One-off-ability came from the Frame?

Nah, One-off ability is not Frame specific.

Trust me, the frame is mostly useless without the core.

The core provide Energy barrier, Absolute Barrier, power source, One-off ability/Unique special ability. self-evolving ability, gravity-manipulation....etc

In short, the core make IS an Infinite Stratos instead of a bulky suit thingy that can't even work.... An IS without the core is basically useless.....

Edit: Only Byakushiki's and Akatsubaki's core can have unique ability because Tabane spent the most time on them.... For other cores, you have to blame the world governments for pushing her to create more and more.

Using Gundam term: Both Byakushiki's and Akatsubaki's core are super custom Prototype.

while Other IS' core are just mass-production grunts...

Yea....life is really that unfair in IS-verse.

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-01-20 at 21:14.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:57   Link #18810
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One-off ability is Frame specific, note that there's no indication that White Knight has Reiryaku Byakuya. Meanwhile, KureZakura is implied to have one, and it's a different core that Chifuyu used in Mondo Grosso.
Old 2012-01-20, 20:59   Link #18811
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was actually assuming it was frame specific because the 3rd gens were supposed to be mass produced units with one-off abilities. Blue Tears line, Scwarzer Regen line, etc.

Apparently the 3rd gen's purpose is to create one off abilities for the mass produced products
Old 2012-01-20, 21:04   Link #18812
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really, Demi, the 3rd Gen is equipped with Image Interface-type weapon, a weapon that is highly powerful BUT highly dependent to the user's brain (to the point that they had to stop moving). They're probably a substitute for One-off ability.

However, one theory about ByakuShiki's lack of slot is that most of the slot is used to CREATE Reiryaku Byakuya.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:12   Link #18813
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Image interface type weapon?

Rechecked the part where I read about the reason 3rd gens were made. I must've misinterpreted building unique weapons as one-off abilites
Old 2012-01-20, 21:19   Link #18814
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Not really, Demi, the 3rd Gen is equipped with Image Interface-type weapon, a weapon that is highly powerful BUT highly dependent to the user's brain (to the point that they had to stop moving). They're probably a substitute for One-off ability.

However, one theory about ByakuShiki's lack of slot is that most of the slot is used to CREATE Reiryaku Byakuya.
Err..... Nope.... One-off ability is core specific, Byakuyashiki's lack of slot has been explained as being used up to allow the Unit to use one-off in first shift. It is like having access to First-disc nuke due to having a cheating device.

Edit: Reason why other IS doesn't have it is probably because it is not worth it....(Other IS may have weaker One-off ability than Byakushiki)

But....Image interface type substituting One-off ability could be the main reason why the world choose to develop 3rd Gen IS instead of sticking with 2nd gen
Old 2012-01-20, 21:20   Link #18815
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, in my fanon, One off ability is caused by specific type of core-frame combination. Hell, everyone can use barrier void attack if they're using Yukihira or similar weapon type.

Reiryaku Byakuya is specifically noted to nullify heat and electricity, not impact. And it works differently than Barrier Void altogether. And thus, plasma weapon still fazed Ichika a little (but only a little since their kinetic energy is tiny).

I guess that means I broke the canon again.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:22   Link #18816
demino_hellsin
That one guy

man @_@

The Yukihira works by using absolute defense offensively right? I'm thinking of incorporating that in the next pseudo shift design.

For pseudo shift D, would it be too fast if it has triple second shift's acceleration but only 20% increase in max speed from the original?
Old 2012-01-20, 21:24   Link #18817
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Everyone can use barrier void attack..... but it is a double-edge sword. So only advanced IS User have them....

Reiryaku Byakuya is not Barrier void. It negate energy attack....It is an energy Killer

Barrier Void is Barrier by-passer..
Old 2012-01-20, 21:25   Link #18818
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

yeah, that's my fanon explanation so far, but it's consistent with canon depiction that the activation eats SP like crazy, similar to Absolute Defense. And the fact Ichika can't use both normal barreir AND Absolute defense when using activated Yukihira XD (Setsura mitigated this somewhat, using barrier void shield instead of blade)

@ Age

@ demi

Too fast.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:30   Link #18819
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about same boost in maximum speed but 240% the acceleration?

It would sorta break the image of silver gospel if it had a default hand-held weapon wouldn't it?
Old 2012-01-20, 21:36   Link #18820
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Still too fast, that's plain nuts. 120% is the absolute number of acceleration increase plus 50% maximum speed, and that's IF the booster can handle it's own output and if the frame can handle the air pressure. (yes, I.S. are not immune to high-g and air resistance, just resistant to it)

Handheld weapon is not too fafetched, the new weapon used by Natasha is really handheld version of the wings.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest