AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 17:26   Link #9961
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
To to summarize the consensus about the ending or how it should have gone is this.

Keima chooses one girl: WTF what about the feelings of all the other girls? This is not wrapped up! Ending sucks!

Keima doesn't choose a girl like a protagonist of many harem series: WTF how could the manga end like this! I wish there was a manga where the protagonist actually chooses a girl! Ending sucks!
A Chihiro ending is definitely better than a harem ending, I'll give you that.
Old 2014-04-18, 17:28   Link #9962
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You think this is bad? I've been following my favorite manga title for twenty one years, it's releasing its last chapter in four days.
What series would that be?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:29   Link #9963
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Surprising the ending is very normal...
No cliche / surprise in the end like one of the goddess interfering with the confession or the relationship...

Anyway gratz for Chihiro for winning the heart of Keima.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:32   Link #9964
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I am 100000% satisfied with this. I'm glad he chose someone and I'm glad it was Chihiro as well. A harem ending would have annoyed the crap out of me, giving some form of closure (leading to being open ended on its own purely by my imagination) at the very least makes Keima an actual developed character. So I'm cool with it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:36   Link #9965
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

So as one of my most favorite harems has ended (And honestly I didn't like the Anime much)

I am SATISFIED WITH THIS ENDING (Mostly) (BTW I'm a Kanon shipper)

Picking Chihiro over the others since she was not even in the running was a good ending.

Explaining that if he didn't pick anyone the goddesses would still be focused on him was good.

Showing Kanon singing 'I will go on' (Without him) ...hahahahaha

Elsie changes everything so that she really his sister so his Dad isn't in trouble

Explanation of the only girl he kissed who wasn't a host (the princess)

Getting ALL of his PSP's back from Dokuro - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

----
things that are still missing.

Elsie's Full Explanation (She's Lucifer?) I would like something like Vintage saying 'Pull out the Weapon' then at the end it falls apart (Which it did in the manga) and Haqua showing up to arrest and they all vanish... I THINK that's what it was supposed to be.

The results of the 2 new girls (Urarara and the evil one).

-------------------------

so all in all my only beef is they shortened the whole NewHell Arc to fiit in the ending... but even with it missing this was a great series.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 19:05   Link #9966
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
What series would that be?
Most likely Ah My Goddess.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 19:10   Link #9967
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Whichever girl he chooses I think makes no difference. He has no choice but the choose one. Honestly, in the end I didn't feel anything. This manga had such a awesome start with a new concept in mind, yet ending in the most normal and uninteresting.... it was ok. If there was any series that needed a open ending, this one would be.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 19:25   Link #9968
Somnus
Eh?

First of all, my thoughts:

THANK GOD he stuck with the Chihiro route. I said before I was on Team Ayumi, but I honestly don't mind this. Nor do I mind how it ended as a whole. I actually liked it. Also, to whomever compared this ending to Hyouka I actually agree.

Kudos to Wakaki for choosing an end girl. I think Wakaki was trying to fill a tall order with only 27 pages to work with, but I find this ending acceptable/enjoyable.

Now, as for a lot of these responses (or perhaps it's just a very loud few) I have to simply point to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
To to summarize the consensus about the ending or how it should have gone is this.

Keima chooses one girl: WTF what about the feelings of all the other girls? This is not wrapped up! Ending sucks!

Keima doesn't choose a girl like a protagonist of many harem series: WTF how could the manga end like this! I wish there was a manga where the protagonist actually chooses a girl! Ending sucks!
Honestly, the responses before these last few (and some in-between), reading what some people thought gave me a headache. Though I suppose it happens with most harem manga.

Either your girl didn't win and you're angry, or the hero didn't gain the harem you've always wanted and you're angry.

For those in denial, Keima DOES have genuine feelings for Chihiro. His reasoning for confessing (what he explains to Dokurou) are about as flimsy as Chihiro's rejection. Heck, Dokurou blatantly explains why he has feelings for her, and if you don't think that reasoning is sound I have to wonder if you've EVER had feelings for someone (high school crush or otherwise). Frankly, the signs were all there and as a poster before me had said, "To be honest, after the goddess arc you would be hard pressed to root against her". Those are my thoughts exactly.

TL;DR Chihiro won fair and square.

To those who were shipping another girl but can accept this wholeheartedly,

It was fun wasn't it?

I'm glad there was a chosen girl. Nothing irks me more than an open ended harem manga.
Old 2014-04-18, 19:39   Link #9969
ChampDream
Alive

I'm sad that it end, but that was a good ending.
I really like the conversation with Dokurou.
Old 2014-04-18, 20:00   Link #9970
trenton_dawn
Silt

Overall I felt pretty satisfied with it. I didn't feel in love with it the way I did with a number of other chapters but I did like it.

+Dokurou got a great send off
+Chihiro ending felt true to both Keima's character and Chihiro's.
+Elsie got a happy ending
+Other girls in the main 6 got a solid sendoff. Takes guts to actually show them having been rejected and have a (relatively) clear ending

-Lots of plot holes left unresolved (Tenri's letter, Demeter, where the goddesses finally end up, etc).
-What happened to the bad guys? No resolution
-Haqua got shafted
-Elsie resolution is a little unsatisfying because basically no one actually remembers her--or do they? Needed a bit more explanation
-Felt rushed. I understand that no one wants the ending to drag out forever but even one more chapter could have made a lot of difference (perhaps if a few chapters had been cut from the previous arc?)
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:04   Link #9971
lightbringer
M9000

Chihiro wouldn't have been my choice (although to be fair it was telegraphed well in advance, no surprises there) but I can live with this ending. Elsie and Dokuro relationships got wrapped up well, too. The two other spirit squad girls never got a proper resolution with Keima though, that's my only gripe and a minor one at that.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:08   Link #9972
silvercover
Romance Expert

ending was rushed, is all ive got to say.

this ending isnt bad... but the events that lead us here wasnt quite done well for me.
should have fleshed it out more, a few more chapters at least.

best example id say was elsie's issue, really the problem wasnt so much that it came out of nowhere(since they did gave some reason, even if it wasnt quite that good) so much that it was resolved too quickly.

could have done one more arc, with giving elsie some proper focus as well as addressing each girl separately before we reach the end girl chihiro, as well as give chihiro and keima some more time to bond.

sigh, as the romance expert it just didnt really fit in well for me.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:20   Link #9973
Manic
real men love pink

great post Somnus pretty much my thoughts on it.

With how it ended, the past arc was a bad idea and should of just did a short arc to end it after the goddess arc. The past arc left too many plot holes and characters getting the shaft. I cant recall their names but there was absolutely nothing said about the grandpa and his grand daughter or the girl who was the antagonist in the school. They were pretty important characters in that arc, but were pretty non existent once the arc was finished.
Old 2014-04-18, 20:44   Link #9974
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

I will transcript what was my thinkings about this ending:

Well what can I say. I've know the final almost 8 hours before the release of the final chapter in english (having a friend in Japan is not bad!).

It was an hell of a ride. Yes, Keima declared to Chihiro. But all the other girls do not had dropped the towel still... Only Ayumi.

I must say that Ayumi was treated by the author in the lowest form possible. She was the first one to be conquered and the first ship to sank. Ayumi was not my favourite, I must say, but I fell the same way the supporters of her felt. It was BAD, she deserved an better ending.

I were rooting by Kanon and Tenri, but Kanon, well, she had a lot to think about her career as singer, one of the only things that she can continue to do is express her love in her musics.

About the others, they had their time, they were better covered that Ayumi, still Chihiro, as Keima said, was the only choice, the normal girl, the one that loved him way before the start of the conquest.

Special mention to Elsie and Dokurou: They got what they wanted, they achieve what they were looking for. I liked their ending.

Although I did not liked the final to Tenri, my main support girl. She was an shy girl, that looked that it didn't had any strength to do anything, although she were the turning stone and main supporter in all the actions from Keima, and with him they achieved the ending that Keima wanted. Alone Keima couldn't do anything that he had done.

She deserved a better final. It were a lot of cold shoulder the last words in the letter... But she still respected his the decision.

It could be a little more friendly, after everything that she had done for Keima to get the "True Ending".

I think that Tenri is not "stupid" enough to became an "Yandere" or a "Stalker" or something like that. It was simply: "I do not need you anymore, so goodbye!!!!" That's the only part that makes me to think that this end is stupid, and because of that I will call it an Open Ending.

Final Words: It was 4 years of a hell of a ride (I've started reading the Manga when the first Anime was announced) still they left me a bitter sweet taste in my mouth with the ending for Tenri. I will consider this an Open Ending, not the Ending the GOD WANTED.

And now my desires:

Spoiler for Desire:
Old 2014-04-18, 20:45   Link #9975
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

at first, I'm totally okay with Chihiro ending (I'm Tenri's shipper)

then Keima got rejected... I think Tenri might have a chance
Dokurou last scene is touching.... that "onii-chan" moment is never forgettable
the other harems seem having hard time to accept the fact though.. but they are dealing with it (except someone)
Chihiro last moment is touching too.... finally Keima got an ending he wanted....
THEN!!!! We saw how depressed Tenri is... and how Keima rejected her...
I just have a flashback about how much Tenri has helped Keima until this time... she didn't get what she deserved...
I would have a hard time to swallow and accept the ending... but I think I'll manage it one day

thanks for the great work, Wakaki-sensei... I'm proud to follow this series for long time and not disappointed overall
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:52   Link #9976
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Black Phoenix, adultery is a crime wherever you go. Quit it.

So the goddesses stayed with their hosts?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:54   Link #9977
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Black Phoenix, adultery is a crime wherever you go. Quit it.

So the goddesses stayed with their hosts?
After the pain that this "Sh**ty Game" called Life had made me to endure, do you think that I will stop for something so small??? Oh no, my friend!!!
Old 2014-04-18, 21:01   Link #9978
ShiroiRyu

The best part is he is choose a girl.
Yes i love Chihiro but i would have loved another girl too.
Just, he choose someone ... and that only, is good enough.
Old 2014-04-18, 21:03   Link #9979
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The publication for the manga needs to be reviewed. It is increibly wrong to portray a scene of a hot teacher calling her student "onii-chan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
After the pain that this "Sh**ty Game" called Life had made me to endure, do you think that I will stop for something so small??? Oh no, my friend!!!
I was there first! All the goddesses and vessels are mine!

You can have Yui/Mars though.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:11   Link #9980
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
I was there first! All the goddesses and vessels are mine!

You can have Yui/Mars though.
I exchange it with the hot teacher plus Haqua and the other conquests that weren't portaired...

Pretty Please???

Spoiler for Please:

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen