Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-08-19, 00:22   Link #9021
DerGilga
Banned

slightly offtopic, but who else remembers this:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I feel old....
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 00:34   Link #9022
The Green One

We can sit on the front porch, shake our old people canes at the young kids always on our lawns and tell them how we had to walk 15 miles through the blinding sideways hail to the local bookstore to get our manga back in our day. It was uphill both ways and WE WERE THANKFUL!
Old 2016-08-19, 01:07   Link #9023
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I feel old....
I do, though I just watched the episode earlier today on netflix lol
Old 2016-08-19, 02:22   Link #9024
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
We can sit on the front porch, shake our old people canes at the young kids always on our lawns and tell them how we had to walk 15 miles through the blinding sideways hail to the local bookstore to get our manga back in our day. It was uphill both ways and WE WERE THANKFUL!
That's the way it was and we liked it! We loved it!!

..Flibbledyfloo...
Old 2016-08-19, 10:12   Link #9025
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Spoiler for size:

I feel old....
So Ichigo married an internet meme?!
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 10:27   Link #9026
LevelSeven

^only with longer hair and bigger boobs
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 11:29   Link #9027
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The only thing that annoys me is the unanswered questions...like what happened to Grimmjaw, Urahara, Yoruichi, Halibel, etc.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 11:52   Link #9028
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The only thing that annoys me is the unanswered questions...like what happened to Grimmjaw, Urahara, Yoruichi, Halibel, etc.
Kubo happened.
Old 2016-08-19, 11:56   Link #9029
Ulin

The thing that bothers me the most is that with all the plot problems, the unanswered questions, the character's dissapareances... the thing that causes the fire is still the final pairings V__V. And maybe it is because I stopped reading almost 150 chapters ago, but I thought that the pairings were clear from chapter 237 (Even as a starting IchiRuki shipper, Goodbye Halcyon Days is one of my favourite chapters in the whole series)

The kids were cute, and if (and it is a big IF) there is a sequel sometime in the future I hope Kubo learns from his mistakes in this part, specially with the plotholes
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 12:19   Link #9030
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He pretty much wrote himself into a corner, bleach was doomed by the time secondary characters had so much panel time that it overshadowed Ichigo's. Having his A-team (Chad, Ishida, Inoue) disappear into oblivion was a bad move IMO; while the shinigami have a catchy personality and good designs, having them so much on air made the whole manga their fight, with Ichigo only assisting as an outsider to the very end.

He had probably made note of many more Chekhov's guns and plot points in his head, but couldn't afford to fire them with the already crawling pace the manga had adopted. I'd like to think he was heavily influenced by his editors in order to make the manga sell as much as possible (more characters! longer battles! FOOT PANELS!!!) rather than make it as good as it could get.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 12:39   Link #9031
hadeskagemusha

Quote:
yawcht was a nice guy after all
RIP Obito 2.0
hadeskagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 13:02   Link #9032
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeskagemusha View Post
RIP Obito 2.0
I think Ywach was literally trying to make a world like how I think ours is. That is, there's life, and an ultimate death. Because they literally just have another step between life in the normal world and true death, that step is Soul Society, true death is turning into reishi when you die in SS. Ultimately his plan was just fucking dumb if you can still die by turning into reishi, and I don't see how he was going to prevent that.
Old 2016-08-19, 13:27   Link #9033
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I think Ywach was literally trying to make a world like how I think ours is. That is, there's life, and an ultimate death. Because they literally just have another step between life in the normal world and true death, that step is Soul Society, true death is turning into reishi when you die in SS. Ultimately his plan was just fucking dumb if you can still die by turning into reishi, and I don't see how he was going to prevent that.
I don't think that's it. He said he was going to twist and merge the realms and life and death together, so people wouldn't have to live in fear of death anymore. Seems to me like he was trying to make what he probably thought would be some kind of paradise or at least a better system. I really don't trust that Yhwach would've created something better to be honest.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 13:43   Link #9034
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I don't think that's it. He said he was going to twist and merge the realms and life and death together, so people wouldn't have to live in fear of death anymore. Seems to me like he was trying to make what he probably thought would be some kind of paradise or at least a better system. I really don't trust that Yhwach would've created something better to be honest.
yeah, i also think that that was his goal, that means he is no obito or madara but the witness from 12 monkeys -_-
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 14:38   Link #9035
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Ehh so many unanswered questions....... Just wish the time on the ship had been left out and just a few things explained or answered..And i still just want more yachiru info
Old 2016-08-19, 15:40   Link #9036
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeskagemusha View Post
Even ichigo jr can one shot the almighty

What a pushover
Yeah that was like Goten & Kid Trunks turning SSJ w/ ease. After the whole series going on about the "muh legendary SSJ once in a millennium" bs. The almighty turned out to be nothing more than an almighty joke tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think what makes the ending of Bleach most notable is that the market has largely moved beyond the era that spawned it, and away from these long running battle mangas ala Naruto and DBZ. That doesn't mean there aren't any left, or that they aren't being made still, but I think their domination is essentially over and they're looked at more like relics of the past. Sort of like how people look at most mecha plots today.

I'll miss Bleach, but more for nostalgic reasons than any literary value. A decade is a long time, after all.
Agreed w/ your whole post. But this stand out alot more imo. The era of long running series is diminishing. One Piece & Hajime no Ippo seems to be last of their kind. Maybe Fairy Tail but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
What a waste of 15 years
I would disagree. This arc could have been salvaged. But I guess Kubo ran out of stamina or something. But the biggest blow to the franchise's continuation was how the deicide ended (it really did seem like the series had ended). And what was left of the people following ended during the fullbring & the end of the anime. So there were 3 exodus' of people leaving the viewership of bleach. Only the loyal hard headed minority remained.
Old 2016-08-19, 15:44   Link #9037
lordstarkiller

I like how Kubo mess up. Ichigo has a wedding ring on in the color page but Orihime does not have one on when she gets out of the kitchen. Are They really a couple...... We will never Know lol
lordstarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 17:18   Link #9038
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Aizen spies on Ichigo's and Orihime's son from his chair: "Just according to keikaku."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
By the way I was hoping Aizen would be crashing in the same closet Rukia used to in Ichigo's room. Now that's a 10/10 ending.
At this point it would have been. Although I would have given that ending a 9/10.

It would have been a 10/10 for me if Aizen came back to the human world and became a fashion designer or furniture designer.

It would have just been too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I also wouldn't have minded a completely random Kon / Don Kanonji ending
Yes thanks for reminding me of who else Kubo missed out on.
Old 2016-08-19, 17:46   Link #9039
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
What can I say? hmm...First off, I guess I'll start with Aizen. So many people seem perplexed as to why he's locked up. But I think that heartfelt and poetic speech he had at the end may give us some clue. I don't think the Aizen we knew prior to this saga would've expressed those same sentiments. In other words, I think Aizen's changed to a degree. And because he's changed, perhaps he had his own reasons for willingly getting locked back up.

The other idea is more simple though. After the battle with Yhwach, Aizen was left rendered unconscious and high level sealing techniques were utilized asap to put him back into confinement. Either way though, when it comes to Aizen, it's more or less an open ending for him. Because we've seen just how much stronger he can grow in confinement over a couple years. Can you imagine how much stronger he could grow in a decade or a hundred years? So I don't think those seals will prove effective forever. I think if Aizen wants to leave, he'll just leave.
Yeah those 2 are pretty much the main possibilities. But he does seem to have had a change of heart. so perhaps he willingly let himself be sealed so he could become the lynch pin.

Quote:
Now onto the next issue...the pairings.

I don't have a horse in this race anymore. I think I initially started out as an Ichihime shipper. But due to multiple factors, my feelings of that fell towards the wayside and I ended up not caring about romance in this series at all towards the end. Ichigo could've ended up with Rukia, Keigo, or anyone else and it wouldn't have mattered in the least bit to me. With that said, I knew odds were Ichigo would end up with Orihime--not because it had the most development. That would be a dubious thing to claim at best. But what it did have was an outright, flat-out, straightforward declaration of one characters romantic feelings towards another. Seriously. Ever since chapter 237, I knew this was the character Kubo deligated to be the one who'd eventually have Ichigo's baby. And since this isn't really a romance manga and the author doesn't do much of it, I never expected the development to extend too much farther than that. Because in Kubo'd mind, I had assumed that's what he had established at that very moment and from then on, he felt no more need to develop it further.

So does the outcome surprise me? Not really. Though I do feel some level of compassion for those Ichiruki shippers out there that felt so baited by the copious amounts of development their relationship was given over the years in comparison to the official pairing.
Agreed on the whole shipping debacle. As for any more bleach material here is the order of things I would prefer:

1) Aizen & pals wacky adventures (Aizen, Urahara, & Mayuri travel the cosmos on quirky adventures). A spin off but it would ber hilarious.
2) Chad's professional boxing/wrestling career
3) The origins of the bleach universe
4) Prequel of bleach pertaining to soul society
5) Aizen's past & his destined future at the end of time (he's immortal so yeah)
6) The continuation of the series picking up from 686 left off from. Although then this would basically be Boruto 2.0, or DBGT 3.0

Quote:
Anyways, not sure what else to say about this chapter. I don't even have anything to say about the children except that they seem likable enough. I'd give a spin off featuring them a couple chapters to see where it goes. lol
Maybe I'll post more thoughts later.
Yeah they seems okay enough for now. Let's just hope it isn't boruto 2.0 One child being the troublemaker & the other passive.

Quote:
I'm feeling more or less the same. While the series wasn't the greatest, it's nonetheless been with me for awhile now and there've been some enjoyable times and bad times like pretty much anything else in life. So I'll always appreciate Bleach for what it is and for the things about it I did enjoy. And I'll miss this series and my time discussing things with you and everyone else here.
Take care for now.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I will have nostalgia for it much like many other things I grew up with. But yeah its time wrap it up; & move on. Yeah the discussions always added another layer to it. Oh well time to stick w/ novels till the end I guess. Haha.

You too. Peace.
Old 2016-08-19, 18:07   Link #9040
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Shokugeki no Soma (Fashion Edition) starring Sosuke Aizen when?
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter