Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-03-25, 14:25   Link #61
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Where they go from here is unclear. Save of course to eventually the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.
The end of season 5, I'd assume.
Old 2017-03-25, 15:29   Link #62
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is the assumption.

The question is what to put between the End of Season Three and the End of Season Five?

Spoiler for "Speculation based on Zero Hour" as well as details:
Old 2017-03-26, 01:36   Link #63
Tenzen12

Is he truly unprotected though? If Thrawn is canon he might brought his plot threats and eventual demise with him from EU, even if some minor changes might be necessary.
Old 2017-03-26, 05:51   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The situation has changed a lot, so Thrawn's fate is an unknown. He may be canon, but the story of his ending is EU. If his fate was still set, it takes place roughly seven to eight years after the current events in Rebels, in a time period that is presently entirely unknown in the current canon. The current canon goes to just a year or so after Return of the Jedi, and then jumps decades into the future to about six years before The Force Awakens. There is a huge gap of unknown that basically reads as "the galaxy was at peace".
Old 2017-03-26, 06:32   Link #65
Tenzen12

Which actually give him much longer life expectancy and thicker plot armor imho.
Old 2017-03-26, 08:39   Link #66
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It might, but because of so much of the old EU being removed, Thrawn's plot armor is gone, as the situation he was in for the stories is also gone. As for as the current canon goes, the Empire surrendered after the Battle of Jakku and what became the First Order disappeared into the Unknown Regions and didn't become a threat until shortly before The Force Awakens.

Now Thrawn might have been sent into the Unknown Regions and remained their at the end of the war. He could have helped form the First Order, or been killed fighting the great threat that is supposedly out there, as Thrawn seems to have come into the Empire's service specifically to defend his people from a great threat. He figured that helping Palpatine would get Imperial Naval forces into the region to defend his people (this is from the new canon, which sounds similar to the EU take, just later in the timeline and likely without the extra-galactic invasion fleet coming)

It is also possible Thrawn dies before the Battle of Yavin. It is equally possible he was ordered to take the Super Star Destroyer Eclipse and head into the Unknown Regions on the Emperor's Death. We will see as the Sequels and Rebels come out over the next few years. By 2020, we should know Thrawn's fate, or have the opening to tell more of his stories.
Old 2017-03-26, 10:52   Link #67
Key Board
Carbon

as this episode showed, Thrawn
Spoiler:

If he's going to die in this new canon it will probably from Galactic Empire infighting

The way I interpreted the Bendu vision is
Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-28, 17:09   Link #68
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I think the trajectory of Season 4 is pretty obvious:

Thrawn is still on the hunt, I believe. He knows that a portion of the rebels escaped, and he knows they were aided by Clan Wren. Thus he'll begin to get involved with Clan Saxon's dispute with Clan Wren as a bid to draw the Rebels out of hiding.

I also am quite sure that we'll see inquisitors again. After the events of the Bendu and his premonition, Thrawn will likely report to Darth Vader and understand the need to employ warriors that can combat the "Jedi Devilry".

On the Rebels side, it will probably feel like square one for a bit. Then again, it might be a jump in time and Yavin base will have been established. Kallus will probably serve as a Ryder, setting up the Fulcrum network and probably recruiting the Ghost Crew in an episode that includes a Cassian cameo. Maybe they find our dry K2-SO droid as well?!

Mandalore has been confirmed as a setting by Rebels Recon, as well as the fracturing relationship between Mon Mothma and Saw Gurerra. I'm excited at the possibility that Ezra might finally get a jetpack!

Simply put: Season 4 is going to be dynamite.
Old 2017-03-28, 22:57   Link #69
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Maybe they find our dry K2-SO droid as well?!
Best part about that idea is that Alan Tudyk likes to do voice acting.
Old 2017-03-30, 05:18   Link #70
Tenzen12

Nah, I doubt we will get same antagonist two season in row. Thrawn will probably send to outer regions now that is rebelion almost finished and we get new threat.

If possible with red hairs and telepathic connection with Palpatine.
Old 2017-04-15, 22:08   Link #71
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

Trailer for the final season of Rebels

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler:
Old 2017-04-15, 23:17   Link #72
AntonKutovoi

They also confirmed Rukh's appearance, so I guess Thrawn is going to die.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 02:15   Link #73
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
They also confirmed Rukh's appearance, so I guess Thrawn is going to die.
Not necessarily. Or at least not necessarily during the season. He might be sent off with Rukh as his bodyguard, leaving open the possibility for some version of the EU Thrawn Trilogy in canon down the road. I'd just about guarantee it if they tie in Rukh's (and the rest of the Noghri's) relationship with Vader, and given the background in the scene that is likely our introduction to him, I'd say that's a definite possibility...

Warwick Davis voicing him though. Wouldn't have thought of that, but I think it'll work.
Old 2017-04-16, 04:40   Link #74
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rukh's voice was described as whispery I seem to recall. Maybe my memory is off, but that's sort of what I remember.

Also I would hope they don't kill off Thrawn just because they introduce Rukh. Again the reasoning for the assassination was something specific and again only tied to the Skywalker lineage, Darth Vader, and his kids. While that could come up....Leia has been in Rebels before, I don't see that going down so fast without us also getting a lot of Vader during the season. But even then, the only reason for the assassination was a betrayal of trust and someone getting the knowledge of who Leia Organa's family really is.

But also, X-wings!

(One other thing of note from the panel....Dave Filioni has been wearing a black T-shirt that says "Ahsoka Lives ?" the entire convention. He's even pointed it out and made a bit of fun of it. At the end of the panel, after the first viewing of the trailer...he is standing behind a chair...with a different shirt on. A black T-shirt that reads "Ahsoka Lives !")

Last edited by Ithekro; 2017-04-16 at 05:04.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 19:53   Link #75
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Oh, yeah. Ahsoka is totally coming back.
Old 2017-08-13, 22:38   Link #76
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Starkiller from the Force Unleashed videogame was going to appear in Rebels at one point.
Old 2018-01-19, 13:36   Link #77
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

Final half of Rebels comes back on February 19th.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Trailer stuff:
Old 2018-02-20, 01:33   Link #78
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

What a two-part episode to come back to.

Spoiler for Ep. 10 ending and ep. 11 comments:

Last edited by Yoxall; 2018-02-20 at 01:48.
Yoxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 16:27   Link #79
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Two weeks left. Four episodes. That's not a lot of time really. Best guess is that the Rebels drive the Empire off Lothal, mostly because Thrawn doesn't need it anymore and whatever is in the temple is lost to Palpatine, making it a worthless world for the Empire....though they might Base Delta Zero the place.

I imagine its three episodes of story and one of reflection after the fact....either on Endor or Yavin

I half expect the last scene to be Hera on Yavin talking about all they did, all they tried to do, but the Death Star is out there, what hope is left....than Scariff is under attack. Hope remains.

That or Hera on Endor following the battle looking on....in the end, Hope won.
Old 2018-02-26, 12:47   Link #80
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This is still going on? How much longer can they milk this junk (Star Wars in general not the show being junk)