AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-19, 06:56   Link #1321
James Rye

Now the word parasites makes sense in another sense. Those kids in their "golden cage" basically live a luxurious life. Real trees, fresh air, a lake with fish, birds in the sky, insects in the grass, real yummy food not just nutrition injected into your body, sunshine, etc and etc. Those "adults" in the city might be more human in form of their DNA than the kids but the kids are far more human than the adults as they feel and most importantly live like humans would. To think this woman hasn't eaten anything or that she has no idea what the voice of her partner sounds like, it sounds like an incredible joyless and lonely and empty life-style and yet she is happy with it. These adults are what keeps this golden cage going with its rain and wind and Eco-system as well as creating/cooking/preparing the food for the kids and their clothes. If it was possible to make steaks with potatoes for every adult in the city do you think they really would rather get their nutrition elsewhere than eat? Looks to me like it is too expensive to make such food for everyone, so the leaders established a "culture" where eating is seen as some form of barbarism, same for other stuffs people deemed normal, like a healthy relationship with a partner who you see and talk to often. To think they don't even have cinemas or sport centers or arcades and just "beds" which tingle your brain to release dopamine to make you "happy" is creepy as hell. It looks like those adults only exist to work and "exist" and that's it. The kids are like a warrior caste, their lives are short and violent but also far more exciting and from an "ancient POV" more humane than the life-styles of the protected adults in the city. I even wonder if there are any children in normal schools and universities inside the city or if children are just artificially grown till they are in an adult body and then get the knowledge downloaded onto their brain so that they know which jobs they are assigned to and how to do them.
Old 2018-03-19, 09:48   Link #1322
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Now the word parasites makes sense in another sense. Those kids in their "golden cage" basically live a luxurious life. Real trees, fresh air, a lake with fish, birds in the sky, insects in the grass, real yummy food not just nutrition injected into your body, sunshine, etc and etc. Those "adults" in the city might be more human in form of their DNA than the kids but the kids are far more human than the adults as they feel and most importantly live like humans would. To think this woman hasn't eaten anything or that she has no idea what the voice of her partner sounds like, it sounds like an incredible joyless and lonely and empty life-style and yet she is happy with it. These adults are what keeps this golden cage going with its rain and wind and Eco-system as well as creating/cooking/preparing the food for the kids and their clothes. If it was possible to make steaks with potatoes for every adult in the city do you think they really would rather get their nutrition elsewhere than eat? Looks to me like it is too expensive to make such food for everyone, so the leaders established a "culture" where eating is seen as some form of barbarism, same for other stuffs people deemed normal, like a healthy relationship with a partner who you see and talk to often. To think they don't even have cinemas or sport centers or arcades and just "beds" which tingle your brain to release dopamine to make you "happy" is creepy as hell. It looks like those adults only exist to work and "exist" and that's it. The kids are like a warrior caste, their lives are short and violent but also far more exciting and from an "ancient POV" more humane than the life-styles of the protected adults in the city. I even wonder if there are any children in normal schools and universities inside the city or if children are just artificially grown till they are in an adult body and then get the knowledge downloaded onto their brain so that they know which jobs they are assigned to and how to do them.
that was another paralel with "real life in japan", one of the reasons japaneses are stoping of marry is exactly because they see marriage and have kids as a "big burden" rater than something happy, many see the kid as "parasites" since the only obligation they have is for study, they see the childrens as having more freedon and rigth than the adults, because is adults obligation to give then food, take care of they cloths and expensives, health, them the ammount of money they need to support the kids ending making them have to go for of sacrfices like much less free time for family or fun, having to work to death for countless hours.

Them that was a way to show which really the childrens are "parasites", because they have all the "fun" and "normal life" which the adults want to have for them but are unable if they choose have family.

Another possible "real life comparation" in the anime can be if the "ammount of elder or near elder aged peoples is realy big compared with the youngs, because this is another japan currently problem, the ammoung of "aged peoples" is starting to grow more in comparation to youngs leading to a incoming imbalance between young and aged peoples, having more aged peoples than young, leading to really huge issues and it's seens this anime can be emulating that issue too.
Old 2018-03-19, 10:10   Link #1323
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Again, I don't think they're clones. Artificially bred maybe, but I don't think they're clones. In particular since, you know, if that woman has a biological connection to Zorome, then there is a gender mismatch.
Likely to be the one who donated the egg where Zorome came from if he's artificially bred. That or a relative
Old 2018-03-19, 13:50   Link #1324
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Errr, I wonder if people might be misunderstanding something.

Did anyone actually say that these people are hooked up to VR? What if the machine they're hooked up to skips the whole "entertainment" process and just directly stimulates the brain's reward center? Seems a lot more efficient than having to create entertainment that a human being likes.
That was the impression I got from the scene. It seems like they don't even have different experiences anymore, they just have machines that take care of each and every need so they don't really need anything. And that grin is indeed omnious. I would take a guess that the machine is basically stimulating every reward center in the brain, including the more primitive ones that drove our ancestors to kill and hunt.

I almost dismissed the episode at first when I saw it was a Zorome episode but then it got good by exploring the city itself. Now this is the kind of scifi I would like to see more off. We also got a few glimpses of Trigger designs with that building whose top opened to let out smoke/steam and looked kind of like a coffee pot to my eyes.
Old 2018-03-19, 14:49   Link #1325
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
She was able to procure food for Zorome easily enough. She just had no interest in it herself. And while, yes, they don't have big parks full of greenery, they have a lot of room. So is really resource scarcity that guides their spartan lifestyle? Or is it the pleasure machine? I mean, once you have that, wouldn't everything else feel pointless?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 15:02   Link #1326
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Errr, I wonder if people might be misunderstanding something.

Did anyone actually say that these people are hooked up to VR? What if the machine they're hooked up to skips the whole "entertainment" process and just directly stimulates the brain's reward center? Seems a lot more efficient than having to create entertainment that a human being likes.
It may be more efficient, but it's definitely more boring. Entertainment needs an intellectual component too, even if it's only a shallow one. Though I suppose that would be another sign of this being a dystopia...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 16:34   Link #1327
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It may be more efficient, but it's definitely more boring. Entertainment needs an intellectual component too, even if it's only a shallow one. Though I suppose that would be another sign of this being a dystopia...
Well, they're not bored, at least while they're hooked to the machine. That's the point.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 20:31   Link #1328
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Do you mean to suggest that any time there's a lack of action, that automatically disqualifies the episode from being engaging or interesting? Not only does that make your tastes quite shallow, but you're kind of watching the wrong series if that's literally the only thing you're here for.
Eh no I am saying most probably didn't like it cause it was a slower paced episode with minimal action.

I quite liked it.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 04:20   Link #1329
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
The fact that it's a dystopia is exactly my point. But I disagree with the boredom part. If we make a machine that deliberately tickles our 'feel good' nerves, we would never feel bored ever.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 09:50   Link #1330
Arya

As others the Zorome centric episode "scared" me at first, but then it got interesting and it confirmed more or less all the suspects we already had.
At this point the "plantation" name has very likely to do with the way former humans get generated, ala-matrix where human beings were no longer born, but were grown.
One thing that felt a bit odd is the apparent hint about a blood relation between the adult woman and Zorome. She was clearly old enough to not be fertile anymore for a long time. Of course given their lifespan seem to have been greatly increased they probably don't generate humans randomly, but systematically depending on the necessity. One human dies then one is born. And to do so they could have instituted a cryogenic conservation system.
Still the odds Zorome bumped into his genetic donor / mother are close to zero, come on. I doubt it was what the scene was meant for. Maybe it rather was a more generic motherly feeling.

We learned 002 was a former Nine. Speaking of numbers, children and adults. Nana and Hachi aren't them even number names? (I remember Nana (7) and Hachi (8) from Nana, the anime). Still I can't figure out the right hierarchical order these numbers have to be put, we have 002 that was a former nine, so I suspect nine is the number of the elite elements. Like fab four or Jackson five, etc. Still 9 comes just after nana and hachi

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 10:51   Link #1331
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, they're not bored, at least while they're hooked to the machine. That's the point.

Quote:
The fact that it's a dystopia is exactly my point. But I disagree with the boredom part. If we make a machine that deliberately tickles our 'feel good' nerves, we would never feel bored ever.
Really? My body might be fine, but my mind would get bored. The mind needs entertainment as well.

Old 2018-03-20, 11:33   Link #1332
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

We learned 002 was a former Nine. Speaking of numbers, children and adults. Nana and Hachi aren't them even number names? (I remember Nana (7) and Hachi (8) from Nana, the anime). Still I can't figure out the right hierarchical order these numbers have to be put, we have 002 that was a former nine, so I suspect nine is the number of the elite elements. Like fab four or Jackson five, etc. Still 9 comes just after nana and hachi
I thought they were referring to Hiro as the former Nine. The adults were ignoring 002 the whole time during the ceremony.
Old 2018-03-20, 12:06   Link #1333
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought they were referring to Hiro as the former Nine. The adults were ignoring 002 the whole time during the ceremony.
mmm, I'm pretty sure they were referring to 002. And the show has been consistent so far hinting things. And 002 being the one seems already a thing to me. But I will check it again this night when at home.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 12:18   Link #1334
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They were definitely talking to Zero Two. The guy was looking at her (you can clearly see him turning his head a bit to look at Hiro right after he says that), and saying to Hiro they're honored they would join them would make little sense since he's been there from the start.
Old 2018-03-20, 12:27   Link #1335
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
mmm, I'm pretty sure they were referring to 002. And the show has been consistent so far hinting things. And 002 being the one seems already a thing to me. But I will check it again this night when at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They were definitely talking to Zero Two. The guy was looking at her (you can clearly see him turning his head a bit to look at Hiro right after he says that), and saying to Hiro they're honored they would join them would make little sense since he's been there from the start.
yeah here:
Spoiler:

in that scene he is looking at 002

and here he is looking at hiro
Spoiler:

hiro was not a veteran as 002 but he is considered a prodigy and even they wanted him remain in the plantation and find a better partner in the begins.
Old 2018-03-20, 12:44   Link #1336
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Really? My body might be fine, but my mind would get bored. The mind needs entertainment as well.
Your mind = your brain. As long as it receives the proper stimuli, it will be fine.
Old 2018-03-20, 17:14   Link #1337
ReddyRedWolf

Feels like Humanity is nearing extinction as they are like Pandas. Children may not grow to adulthood either by attrition or some biological factor such as lacking telemeres as they may have resorted to cloning.

I have a feeling Humanity is damaged genetically. Possibly in pursuit of longevity and the drastcally changed environment.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:05   Link #1338
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ehhh I don't think any of that really adds up. I mean what does genetical damage even have to do with living in mobile domes in an apocalyptic wasteland?

And since you're so convinced that they're doing cloning, then tell me why is there such familiarity between Zorome and that woman?
Old 2018-03-20, 19:42   Link #1339
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Ehhh I don't think any of that really adds up. I mean what does genetical damage even have to do with living in mobile domes in an apocalyptic wasteland?

And since you're so convinced that they're doing cloning, then tell me why is there such familiarity between Zorome and that woman?
Because Zorome could be a clone of her partner ?
Or maybe she was just monitoring him at some point.
It's still so obscur I can't really tell what's the T...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 20:35   Link #1340
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Your mind = your brain. As long as it receives the proper stimuli, it will be fine.
No it wouldn't. No matter how much my pleasure centers would be stimulated, my mind would still need nourishment.