AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-06-06, 08:24   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 945 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yo, guys, here we go again! Credit goes to Redon and co. from AP for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "O-Lin". Splash is a color page promoting the new OP movie, Stampede.

-Zoro continues to face off against Kyoushirou while the shogun flees. The green-haired one is filled with fury, while the yakuza boss remains cold and calculated. Soon, the Oniwabanshu appear as well, and as their commander Fukurokuju looks at Zoro's wanted poster, orders his subordinates to capture him! Zoro now has several new enemies to deal with, such as a kunoichi who attacks him with a gun disguised as a musical instrument....!!!

-Meanwhile, Sanji leaves Toko in Usopp's care while he takes on Drake. While the two are clashing, Brooke is protecting Hiyori, scaring away the Oniwabanshu with his spirit! Amidst all this chaos, Law sneaks towards the jail cells in order to free his companions, but comes face-to-face with Hawkins! Law notices that Bepo is missing, to which Hawkins reveals he relocated him in advance. The shamanistic supernova then draws his sword, and lightly cuts his own arm.... but the damage gets transferred to Law's partner, Shachi! As it turns out, he, along with Bepo and Penguin, have been afflicted with Hawkins' Wara Wara voodoo curse. In short, Law may risk killing his friends if he attacks Hawkins.....!!!!

-Back to Sanji vs. Drake, the former dodges the latter's bite attacks when he spots Hiyori being chased by the Oniwabanshu! He gets ready to save the maiden when Zoro appears, knocking the enemy ninja out of the way. Hiyori then clings onto him, triggering the heartbroken cook's jealousy, heh. Meanwhile, outside the capital, we return to Kinemon's group, where the samurai himself receives a beating from Shutenmaru (aka Ashura Douji of the Nine Scabbards). Inuarashi breaks the two up, but Kinemon kneels down, begging for the bandit's help. However, Shutenmaru responds by taking a swig of booze, then tells the two to follow him....

-Back at Udon, just about everyone present is shocked to see Big Mom (apparently, they all make the infamous Eneru face, heh). Chopper's group have also entered the prison, with Okiku donning a bandanna to disguise herself. As Queen starts bickering with BM, Luffy tells them to help save Kid and Killer first, who are in danger of drowning. The empress asks if there's oshiruko there, but Queen won't have it: He faces Linlin in his full beast state! It turns out he's a wielder of the Ryuu Ryuu (Dragon) no Mi, Model Brachiosaurus Ancient Zoan! He angrily tells her that all the oshiruko belongs to him, and he has no intention of sharing any of it.... though he's oblivious to the fact that all of it was eaten the previous night. At this point, a very displeased Big Mom slams dino-Queen to the ground with a SINGLE blow....!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-06-07 at 07:22.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 08:39   Link #2
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

BM better not get beaten by Queen...
Old 2019-06-06, 08:51   Link #3
marvelB

I must say.... Queen's dino form certainly is big, thick, and veiny. Linlin better be careful not to let herself get thrust at, because Queen doesn't strike me as the.... gentle type.
Old 2019-06-06, 09:09   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Sanji... just like how Zoro carry Tashigi. Lots of bicker will start next one and Law need to exploit Hawkins power for his advantage.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 10:36   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hawkins' strategy is smart but also really scummy. Won't it be useless againt Law though? Given the nature of his fruit, he can disable Hawkins without harming him, unless the effects get transferred as well.

Sanji being jealous of Zoro was a given.

Queen's dinosaur form looks impressive, but it's not really the kind of dinosaur that's fit to fight. Going half beast mode would have been smarter, unless he's got some special ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I must say.... Queen's dino form certainly is big, thick, and veiny. Linlin better be careful not to let herself get thrust at, because Queen doesn't strike me as the.... gentle type.
Oh you.
Old 2019-06-06, 20:47   Link #6
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hawkins' strategy is smart but also really scummy. Won't it be useless againt Law though? Given the nature of his fruit, he can disable Hawkins without harming him, unless the effects get transferred as well.
Hidan is in One Piece now.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 22:07   Link #7
Rainbowman

Love Queen’s Devil Fruit powers. I know I should not nitpick this subject but there’s got to be something about the character Queen that would reference the music band Queen including Freddie Mercury. 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 03:56   Link #8
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 945
Queen's devil fruit almost reminds me of Kaku's(CP0 assassin) devil fruit. I wonder if the use will be similar but with Queen's being on steroids when it comes to strength and power.

X Drake is way stronger then Sanji. Even if Sanji is using the suit. Sanji will need to rely more on his brain then muscles in this battle.

Has for Hawkins vs. Law this is a nice match up. Don't know how long it will last but both of them depend heavily on strategy when it comes to there devil fruit. I will put my money on Hawkins, only because most times he never fights unless he knows he is going to win. He seems confident and his cards are never wrong.(if he has looked at them)

Finally when will Oda unleash Zoro's full power? He has been playing games with all these little pinons. Its nice and all but I want to see Mihawk's training. All of this has been a walk in the park for Zoro. Has anyone even put him to his limit once after the time skip? Answer is no.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2019-06-07 at 04:06.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 04:25   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

let's say this... Zoro's harem is bigger than Sanji's harem except if we counted the Okama from Ivankov's island
Zoro got Tashigi, Perona, and Momonosuke's little sis

let's go O-lin... at least Queen will be taken down fast and Luffy could preserve his strength

this arc suddenly getting fun I like this ride
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 05:22   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Judging by Luffy's reaction.... he probably thinks Big Mom was there for him xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 07:45   Link #11
marvelB

Okay, updated the summary a bit! Looks like Ashura hasn't quite rejected Kinemon's request for help, after all. Rather, he wants to show him and Inuarashi something (perhaps related to an event that took place during their 20-year absence). Also, Big Mom said she smelled oshiruko despite all of it having been eaten.... does that mean there really is some remaining somewhere, or is it just the scent itself that's lingering....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
X Drake is way stronger then Sanji. Even if Sanji is using the suit. Sanji will need to rely more on his brain then muscles in this battle.
While it's true Drake caught Sanji with a feint, that doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger. After all, the cook had no problem at all dodging his later attack (and this was despite him being distracted by Hiyori), so I think he's more than capable of taking on Drake, with or without the suit. And speaking of the suit, he certainly had no problem dealing with Page One (the other Ancient Zoan from earlier) when he wore it earlier, and that guy should be at a similar level as Drake, so.....

Quote:
Finally when will Oda unleash Zoro's full power? He has been playing games with all these little pinons. Its nice and all but I want to see Mihawk's training. All of this has been a walk in the park for Zoro. Has anyone even put him to his limit once after the time skip? Answer is no.
To be fair, this is the first arc where we actually see Zoro having difficulties in the NW. First he got injured by Hawkins, then Killer (who he even acknowledged as being strong, even before the sword thief distracted him). And it's not like he can fight at his best right now since he's missing a sword, so I imagine we'd have to wait until the arc's climax (by which point he should have regained Shuusui) before we finally see Marimo unleash his full might against his foes....

Quote:
Oh you.
Hey, all I'm saying is that Linlin needs to keep up her guard, lest Queen penetrates her defenses and starts pounding on her while he has the upper hand!
Old 2019-06-07, 08:21   Link #12
Hoodspirit

Caribou could have all the remaining food inside of him. Or they could have stored it in Kawamatsu's cell.

I'm baffled at the decision to leave Tama as the only guard for Momonosuke outside.
I know she is strong and brave, but it is a bit risky at the entrance of a multi-area prison complex.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 11:49   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
While it's true Drake caught Sanji with a feint, that doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger. After all, the cook had no problem at all dodging his later attack (and this was despite him being distracted by Hiyori), so I think he's more than capable of taking on Drake, with or without the suit. And speaking of the suit, he certainly had no problem dealing with Page One (the other Ancient Zoan from earlier) when he wore it earlier, and that guy should be at a similar level as Drake, so.....
Not to mention he apparently took no damage after getting hit, and he's not even wearing the suit. Yeah, pretty sure he can handle him, albeit with some trouble.
Old 2019-06-07, 17:38   Link #14
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Sanji really needs a big win to regain some credibility in my eyes. Post time skip Sanji has been the punching bag/measuring stick for stronger opponents for some time now, so I'm hoping he can best Drake. I don't want to continue to see him be the new Renji (bleach).
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 19:16   Link #15
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Not to mention he apparently took no damage after getting hit, and he's not even wearing the suit. Yeah, pretty sure he can handle him, albeit with some trouble.
Quote:
X Drake, Supernova, Bounty 222,000,000(pre time skip)
I think you guys are giving Sanji way to much credit. Also he did a better job with the pacifist in Sabaody then Sanji did two years ago.

I don't see Sanji(with or without the suit) beating X Drake. Number two it does not make sense if all the supernovas are going to be going after Kaidou to make X Drake weak. Zoro, X Drake, Luffy, Kidd, and Urouge, are very powerful brawlers. Sanji does not fit the picture at all and he has not proven himself. Now if he ended up taking out Page 1 (one of the headliners in Chapter 931 which sanji did not do so hot with) then i will say he has a chance against X Drake.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 22:17   Link #16
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
I think you guys are giving Sanji way to much credit. Also he did a better job with the pacifist in Sabaody then Sanji did two years ago.

I don't see Sanji(with or without the suit) beating X Drake. Number two it does not make sense if all the supernovas are going to be going after Kaidou to make X Drake weak. Zoro, X Drake, Luffy, Kidd, and Urouge, are very powerful brawlers. Sanji does not fit the picture at all and he has not proven himself. Now if he ended up taking out Page 1 (one of the headliners in Chapter 931 which sanji did not do so hot with) then i will say he has a chance against X Drake.
I could see it as an opportunity for Sanji to showcase his suit more, but I agree with you. I think Jinbei would be a much better and more logical opponent for Drake if he shows up. Regardless, I don't think any of these battles in the town will be settled now.

Last edited by Tommy; 2019-06-07 at 22:28.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-08, 14:39   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Sanji really needs a big win to regain some credibility in my eyes. Post time skip Sanji has been the punching bag/measuring stick for stronger opponents for some time now, so I'm hoping he can best Drake. I don't want to continue to see him be the new Renji (bleach).
Quote:

*Shrug* I dunno, I guess my standards simply aren't as high as you guys. While I'd also like to see Sanji gain a significant victory over a strong foe at some point, I'd say I'm still pretty impressed that he's proved himself more than capable of taking on two Ancient Zoan enemies without getting stomped (ESPECIALLY in Drake's case, since, again, he's not using the suit against him). That alone tells me he's plenty capable of taking on the NW's elites, even if he hasn't seen as much action as Luffy or Zoro since the skip. I dunno, I just don't see a good enough reason to drop him from the "Monster Trio" just yet. I mean, I know some people are expecting Jinbei to "replace" him and all, but what's wrong with having a Monster Quartet instead?