1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-24, 08:58   Link #41
Solafighter
Hige

Great episode and great anime.

I will follow this series.

Last edited by Solafighter; 2008-01-24 at 15:19.
Old 2008-01-24, 12:28   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
heh. like the way Horo took control of the situation in ep3.

mainly because back then, women wasn't suppose to speak up.

Of course in the realm of money, people are still have a more liberal thinking, so i guess that's why the merchant didn't seem all that surprised when Horo took over from Lawrence.

They probably thought that's the whole point of him marrying such an intelligent women, to take with him on his work.
Just great how Horo just raises her voice and gets into these things. Really did a nice job handling it and eventually getting a really nice profit from it.

I guess women speaking up or being merchants while probably uncommon isn't unheard of. Since we had Chloe as the main merchant in the village we started this trip with.

But from the point of view of that merchant it makes sense why Lawrence is taking his 'wife' along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Horo and Lawrences interactions are done so well. I feel like im really there listening to their conversations. Lawrence that poor poor guy getting schooled by Horo like that, but its all about profit and he made way more than he would have on his own even if Horo cheated a bit.
You really can't help, but enjoying their interactions. Even just moving through a town and talking. Lawrence just relish the times he can be one up on Horo. Like with her wanting apples, explaining the coins, etc. But she always comes back strong to get ahead. Like slapping his hand away from her apples, that fur trading situation, and quickly grasping money exchanging. But can't help, but gets schooled when your dealing with Horo so he'll just have to survive .
Quote:
Did anyone else just melt when she whining about wanting the apples? That scene was priceless. Right now the best way to Horo's heart is through her stomach lol
Was a really nice scene watching her want those apples badly. No doubt her tail wagging around as she stared at them. Either that or an odd wind to explain her cloak raised up . No doubt if you want to be on her good side bring food, especially apples. That darn fruit of the devil .
Quote:
My eyes could have been playing tricks on me but in the preview for episode 4 i could have sworn it looked like Lawrence was about to kiss horo. Anyone else see this? Though i know not to rely on previews that much.
True you have to be careful in trusting a preview especially such a short one. Doesn't seem to be many explanations though for those two in close quarters with him leaning in like that. Can't wait for the explanation there.

Appreciate the HD, OP Solafighter. Really is a great song that looks excellent in that fashion.
Old 2008-01-24, 12:54   Link #43
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
The currency thing confused me. I'm so dumb when it comes to following stuff like that. >_<;

WUT'S GOIN ON IN EP FOUR!? O_O

Haha...can't wait.
Old 2008-01-24, 13:39   Link #44
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
My eyes could have been playing tricks on me but in the preview for episode 4 i could have sworn it looked like Lawrence was about to kiss horo. Anyone else see this? Though i know not to rely on previews that much.
That would be interesting, but I have quite a bit of doubt about that happening. Just have to wait and see.
Old 2008-01-24, 14:03   Link #45
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

I read a short description of Spice and Wolf in a blog and thought as unusual as the concept is, maybe it would be enough originality to break the mold. To be honest, I can't see anyone watching the series for the economic entertainment value which leaves only the romance. Granted, to this point the relationship has been handled well; however just as it should be, the brief moments of warmth are spread thin through out leaving the viewer grasping for something else.

While it's still far to early to judge the overall content I could see the average viewer growing tired of the slow pacing and leaving the show behind.

Quote:
...i could have sworn it looked like Lawrence was about to kiss horo. Anyone else see this?
The introduction of the 'husband/wife' scenario is a classic method of playing with the viewers emotions and allowing the inclusion of extra scenes wherein romantic situations play out as normal only because the two are maintaining a 'cover'. Of course the majority of the time the actions/words are loaded with meaning, especially in a series like this one.

Being as old as she is it will be interesting to see what kind of issues with men Horo has, I'm sure at some point she was seriously involved with someone in her past. This will probably introduce a major conflict for the two of them to work through possibly even as soon as this next episode.

Last edited by mikesince83; 2008-01-24 at 14:15.
Old 2008-01-24, 15:24   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
.True you have to be careful in trusting a preview especially such a short one. Doesn't seem to be many explanations though for those two in close quarters with him leaning in like that. Can't wait for the explanation there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That would be interesting, but I have quite a bit of doubt about that happening. Just have to wait and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post

The introduction of the 'husband/wife' scenario is a classic method of playing with the viewers emotions and allowing the inclusion of extra scenes wherein romantic situations play out as normal only because the two are maintaining a 'cover'. Of course the majority of the time the actions/words are loaded with meaning, especially in a series like this one.

Being as old as she is it will be interesting to see what kind of issues with men Horo has, I'm sure at some point she was seriously involved with someone in her past. This will probably introduce a major conflict for the two of them to work through possibly even as soon as this next episode.
So i went back rewatched the preview for episode 4 and looked at the scene in question from different angles. At first it looked they were lying down like they were hiding or something and just happen to be close to one another. But after looking again im fairly sure now that Lawrence was learning in for a kiss because at that very second Horo brings her hand up as if to stop or pause him.

God its going to be a long wait and its going drive me mad i tell...well more mad than i usual am
Old 2008-01-24, 15:30   Link #47
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

He may have been about to say something stupid and Horo stopped him midsentence
Old 2008-01-24, 15:51   Link #48
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
That could also be true,Damn you FatpianoBoy stop with your good logic let me live my dream for at least for a week
Old 2008-01-24, 16:10   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nonetheless, she definitely likes to stand or lay very near him (but then wolves *like* to be near or cuddle with their pack members) ... I'd probably be half nuts if I were Lawrence at this point.
Old 2008-01-24, 16:54   Link #50
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Nonetheless, she definitely likes to stand or lay very near him (but then wolves *like* to be near or cuddle with their pack members) ... I'd probably be half nuts if I were Lawrence at this point.
Is there a place to sign up to join the Horo cuddly pack club? I so want in. Just wait till its time for her to give herself a a bath. Im not sure Lawrence will be able to handle that.
Old 2008-01-24, 18:11   Link #51
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
hm....This does seem like the most plausible theory so far. At least to me anyways.
Old 2008-01-24, 20:48   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Is there a place to sign up to join the Horo cuddly pack club? I so want in. Just wait till its time for her to give herself a a bath. Im not sure Lawrence will be able to handle that.
Agree I want in . Best idea for a club I've ever heard.
Quote:
After taking a closer look at the scene in slow motion I'm not sure on that one. Lawrence is definitely moving his head in and during that time frame his lips aren't moving in a way that would say he is saying something. Not to mention his eyes are closing which would be odd if he's just having a conversation. It's still a possible explanation, but I'd probably place it in secondary consideration.
Old 2008-01-24, 20:53   Link #53
Garet Jax

Quote:
Agree I want in . Best idea for a club I've ever heard.After taking a closer look at the scene in slow motion I'm not sure on that one. Lawrence is definitely moving his head in and during that time frame his lips aren't moving in a way that would say he is saying something. Not to mention his eyes are closing which would be odd if he's just having a conversation. It's still a possible explanation, but I'd probably place it in secondary consideration.
Agreed, was just about to mention the eyes closed bit myself. Still doesn't help us know if it's a real kiss or one of the "cover" kisses mikesince83 mentioned.
Old 2008-01-24, 21:10   Link #54
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
After taking a closer look at the scene in slow motion I'm not sure on that one. Lawrence is definitely moving his head in and during that time frame his lips aren't moving in a way that would say he is saying something. Not to mention his eyes are closing which would be odd if he's just having a conversation. It's still a possible explanation, but I'd probably place it in secondary consideration.
It's a two-second clip with no context, so it's hard to glean much of anything from it other than 'lolwut.' It just bugs me when shaky speculation gets out of hand, that's all
Old 2008-01-24, 21:37   Link #55
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So three episodes in and this series still continues to be a pretty good watch. I am very pleased and hope it will continue like this. So far it has rocked animes like M;Y last season and Clannad.

8/10 for this very good episode.
Old 2008-01-24, 21:42   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
It's a two-second clip with no context, so it's hard to glean much of anything from it other than 'lolwut.' It just bugs me when shaky speculation gets out of hand, that's all
Oh no doubt about that. I'm just working with the very tiny bit of preview we have. Impossible to know exactly what's going on without context. Just gives everyone something to be curious about until the next episode comes out.
Old 2008-01-24, 21:49   Link #57
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I am loving this serie so much right now, it's so unlike anything I've seen before. Horo and Lawrence make such a good duo. With Lawrence's business skill and economic knowledge and Horo's perceptive view and wisdom, they ought to make good profits. I love how Horo was able to raise the price of the furs from 140 coins to 210.

And it's interesting there will be romantic involvement soon. Lawrence's spike of jealousy was very interesting.

All in all it's very refreshing to see a mature relationship. I was getting tired of bumbling shy boys and giggling blushing girls. Watching Horo and Lawrence is the best!
Old 2008-01-24, 21:49   Link #58
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'd just like to remind everyone to never trust a trailer.
Old 2008-01-24, 22:47   Link #59
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd just like to remind everyone to never trust a trailer.
I read a small bit of that page and I recalled something someone posted either here or somewhere much more sinister on the interwebs: that Lawrence and Horo are drunk in the next episode at one point, perhaps due to figuring out the scheme they've fallen for.
Old 2008-01-25, 02:16   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hah... the world is full of mysteries...
The episode 3 called episode 4 "Wolf and the Powerless Partner", then the website called episode 4 "Wolf and the Sad Dream", but now they changed the website's title for episode 4 back to "Wolf and the Powerless Partner".
Wonder what happened to cause the title change? Or did they mix up episode titles?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread