AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-30, 23:24   Link #3661
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
He also has a pride only rivaled by Escanor (at high noon). Remember he has being obsessed his whole adult life with being #1 to the point of having a family so that one that one in his progeny might take that place. He might learn from his mistakes, that is, if he does not end like Christopher Reeve by the end of this fight
You are so wrong lol.

Endeavor never thought he was the strongest. He realized a long time ago that he can't surpass All Might. But that didn't stop him from trying. His determination turned into an obsession, and he became a bad husband and father. Hell, you can clearly see his thought process in recent chapters. Not once did he underestimate his opponent. He clearly understood his limit. He acknowledged that the noumu is far stronger than him. That's not someone with "high noon" pride.

Endeavor never cared about the number 1 spot. If he did, he would be jumping in joy when All Might retired. Nope, he was so pissed. In a weird sense, All Might was his motivation.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 00:10   Link #3662
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
That's not someone with "high noon" pride.
If that were the case, he would have retreated, it is quite clear that the objective of the nomu is him, so removing himself would decrease the damage. So no, he only undestands his opponent in the combat sense, but he lack strategical vision.

Quote:
Endeavor never cared about the number 1 spot. If he did, he would be jumping in joy when All Might retired. Nope, he was so pissed. In a weird sense, All Might was his motivation.
He is pissed for the same reason Bakugo was pissed of winning the sports festival. Now that All Might not only retired, but is powerless, he will never have a chance to beat him, it is like winning a gold medal because the gold medalist disqualifies himself. So yeah, he cared for the #1 and thought he could surpass all might, only to see him reaching new heights for several years while he remained stagnant in comparison. But he is no fan of All Might like Bakugo or Midoriya, he is a rival, quite different.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 02:47   Link #3663
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What is the Symbol of Peace? It's a hero who, as long as he arrives, makes people think "it's ok, we're saved.".

So what happens if they Symbol of Peace is a team? How are people supposed to feel when only half the team is on the scene? Are they saved or still in trouble? And what happens when one member retires? Is the team still the Symbol of Peace? Do they need to recruit someone, anyone, posthaste?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 04:59   Link #3664
Random14

I think a team of heroes could be a new symbol, but that depends on them making a strong enough impression, as inspiration and deterrent. A lot of this series is about influence, All Might's reputation being torn down by Shigaraki and now the noumus are continuing to spread fear, even before this new one appeared. Though I think an earlier episode mentioned that there aren't many hero teams, probably due to all the strong personalities involved (which is why the Pussycats staying together so long is a bit rare).

It wasn't just All Might's raw power that made him an icon, it was also his charm and personality. Endeavor can't match All Might in power, and definitely not in charisma either. Yet even Endeavor understands that which is why he's changing. As for what he's going for, still a bit hard to tell. Endeavor is more polite now but if he just started smiling like All Might, that would come off as fake, which is why he isn't doing that. Endeavor's reign as #1 hero will be different from All Might's, as it should be, I just hope he stays #1 long enough to find his own approach.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 08:18   Link #3665
HtwoN

Quote:
If that were the case, he would have retreated, it is quite clear that the objective of the nomu is him, so removing himself would decrease the damage. So no, he only undestands his opponent in the combat sense, but he lack strategical vision.

He is pissed for the same reason Bakugo was pissed of winning the sports festival. Now that All Might not only retired, but is powerless, he will never have a chance to beat him, it is like winning a gold medal because the gold medalist disqualifies himself. So yeah, he cared for the #1 and thought he could surpass all might, only to see him reaching new heights for several years while he remained stagnant in comparison. But he is no fan of All Might like Bakugo or Midoriya, he is a rival, quite different.
Nope. The noumu switched from him to innocent people. Thus he had to pursue it. The theme of the series is surpassing your limit. Following your logic, Deku must be really prideful and dumb as a rock.

I think you are seeing the point. Endeavor never cared about fame and money. This contradicts your comment awhile back.
Old 2018-07-01, 11:17   Link #3666
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Nope. The noumu switched from him to innocent people. Thus he had to pursue it. The theme of the series is surpassing your limit. Following your logic, Deku must be really prideful and dumb as a rock.
Yep, Endeavor had to keep him occupied to allow citizens to be evacuated. Better to keep him confined around the area that was already destroyed than to risk moving the battleground elsewhere without the guarantee the Noumu would pursue him, since he had deemed him as weak and was after strong heroes. Retreating would have only saved his own butt.
Old 2018-07-01, 12:52   Link #3667
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I think you are seeing the point. Endeavor never cared about fame and money.
If he did not care about fame Endavour would keep a low profile (like Eraserhead, who goes as far as changing his appearence every time he needs to be on camera) but he does not run away from cameras or public appearances (like the spots festival) and he has quite a lavish home (I bet All Might used to live in a 8 tatami apartment and probably has a bloated bank account with all the income he never spent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yep, Endeavor had to keep him occupied to allow citizens to be evacuated. Better to keep him confined around the area that was already destroyed than to risk moving the battleground elsewhere without the guarantee the Noumu would pursue him, since he had deemed him as weak and was after strong heroes. Retreating would have only saved his own butt.
I would have to disagree, it is obvious that this was a targeted attack, the League of Villians intention all along was to target the new #1 hero, this was not some random attack, Nomu attack are never random, there is always a purpose to them even though nomus themselves cannot execute complicated plans ("attack endeavor" is not a complicated plan). The nomu started attacking civilians because he had already beat endeavor, before that he showed no interest in civilians.

Therefore, Endeavor should have left that place, but his hubris would not allow him to retreat. Yeah, I know he can't fly like the Human Torch, but he also knows that and a top ranking first responder must have the means to move fast when disaster strikes. He had two choices, ask #2 to fly him to a deserted area or call for an helicopter. Heck, if risking a human pilot is too much to ask, we already live in the 21st century where drone technology is not a dream, whether he would have to pay for it from his pocker or have the goverment foot the bill does not change the fact that he ought to have one.

Engaging in a contest of power in a densely populated area is beyond stupid unless there is no other option or you know for sure that you can beat the villian without causing collateral damage. Remember that even for just training UA has a whole town area because quirks can be that powerful. We often see this scenario of two powerful individuals beating each other in the middle of the city in american comics because we are rarely shown any consequences or some magic/super techonology resets everything while in japanese manga at least they erect a magical barrier removing all humans from the area.
Old 2018-07-01, 13:43   Link #3668
HtwoN

Quote:
If he did not care about fame Endavour would keep a low profile (like Eraserhead, who goes as far as changing his appearence every time he needs to be on camera) but he does not run away from cameras or public appearances (like the spots festival) and he has quite a lavish home (I bet All Might used to live in a 8 tatami apartment and probably has a bloated bank account with all the income he never spent).
Read chapter 165 again. The difference is that Eraserhead doesn't have a desire to get stronger.

And perhaps you should read the latest chapter again. The noumu is clearly switching to the innocent people. Are you suggesting him to flee and leave everyone to die?
Old 2018-07-01, 14:56   Link #3669
XFire
150% done

A number of people in-universe have already commented that allowing All Might to become the symbol of Peace alone was a mistake and is the reason they're in such a precarious situation right now.
Old 2018-07-01, 18:27   Link #3670
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Engaging in a contest of power in a densely populated area is beyond stupid unless there is no other option or you know for sure that you can beat the villian without causing collateral damage. Remember that even for just training UA has a whole town area because quirks can be that powerful. We often see this scenario of two powerful individuals beating each other in the middle of the city in american comics because we are rarely shown any consequences or some magic/super techonology resets everything while in japanese manga at least they erect a magical barrier removing all humans from the area.
But there was no other option. The Noumu lost interest in Endeavor after he defeated him, proving to him he was still strong enough to put up a fight was the only way to prevent the Noumu from going after innocent people and keep his focus on him.

If changing location was an option, Hawks would have suggested it.
Old 2018-07-01, 19:33   Link #3671
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Noumu lost interest in Endeavor after he defeated him
A quick assessment of the situation is a must in a combat situation like this one, when I say Endeavor should have run I mean after a few seconds of fighting with the NeoNomu. In his past experience he has already fought average nomu and managed to "burn them to a crisp" several of them in a short lapse of time, this one obviously was on another level and taunting him so that he would engage on a pursuit was the best course of action.

I will admit quick thinking under stress is not one of my virtues, but I am not a hero nor a rescuer or work in law enforcement, I would suppose that if they have specialized academia, honing your mind for this situation must be in the curriculum. Maybe there was and this is an example of pride making people dumb.

Quote:
If changing location was an option, Hawks would have suggested it.
Maybe Endeavor is too heavy or maybe Hawks feared having his feathers burned for attempting to haul him out of there. It does not help that cooperation among equals is not in the hero resume, heroes in MHA either give or receive orders and #1 only takes orders from the government.
Old 2018-07-01, 19:54   Link #3672
XFire
150% done

Just to be clear here, the DBZ-style "let's go to a wasteland to fight instead" scenery change doesn't actually work.

If Endeavor had tried to turn his back on the Nomu and lead him away, especially given his admittedly limited airborne mobility, the Nomu would have torn his head off.

And trying to "lead" a faster and physically superior opponent away at best results in a long and destructive running battle.

Fighting it in a single area while evacuating the people was the best option.
Old 2018-07-02, 11:15   Link #3673
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
A quick assessment of the situation is a must in a combat situation like this one, when I say Endeavor should have run I mean after a few seconds of fighting with the NeoNomu. In his past experience he has already fought average nomu and managed to "burn them to a crisp" several of them in a short lapse of time, this one obviously was on another level and taunting him so that he would engage on a pursuit was the best course of action.

I will admit quick thinking under stress is not one of my virtues, but I am not a hero nor a rescuer or work in law enforcement, I would suppose that if they have specialized academia, honing your mind for this situation must be in the curriculum. Maybe there was and this is an example of pride making people dumb.

Maybe Endeavor is too heavy or maybe Hawks feared having his feathers burned for attempting to haul him out of there. It does not help that cooperation among equals is not in the hero resume, heroes in MHA either give or receive orders and #1 only takes orders from the government.
Ah, you mean when the battle started. The Noumu was faster than him and he had his hands full fending off his attacks, there was never an opportunity for him to move the battleground elsewhere. It was better to go full power and kill him. That's where Endeavor made a real mistake. He was trying to capture him rather than killing him, he should have realized that was impossible faster.
Old 2018-07-04, 00:07   Link #3674
dragon1412

Quote:

Hardly, remember, Endeavor was caught surprise by the assault, and after the initial strike, the building was coming, so like it or hate it, Endeavor have to stand on Noumu to let Hawk have the time to get all the civilians out. and remember, NeoNoumu can fly. And any attempt at running = leaving all the civilians around to the division of NeoMu. Again, as long as he carry hero status, the only time he can run is when all the civilian have successfully evacuated
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 05:30   Link #3675
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for Chapter 190 Raw:

Last edited by Sixth; 2018-07-12 at 09:25.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 08:58   Link #3676
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

So they are just fcked up like that?boy bnh heroes really weak huh... Even Purin purin prisoner thethe weakest s rank could do better than this,no the rank b hero Blizzard already enough to defeat Noumu
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 09:02   Link #3677
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
So they are just fcked up like that?boy bnh heroes really weak huh... Even Purin purin prisoner thethe weakest s rank could do better than this,no the rank b hero Blizzard already enough to defeat Noumu
To be fair, heroes in OnePunch is a monster by default. Even the Rank C hero has godly durability feat.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 10:50   Link #3678
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The majority of the chapter went as I thought it would, until these final two pages. I didn't expect Dabi to show up here. This is really bad. Endeavor is completely burned out (no pun intended) and Hawks doesn't have his feathers anymore.

The time has come. We'll find out if Dabi really is Endeavor's son next week.
Old 2018-07-12, 11:26   Link #3679
grecefar

I seriously want endevour to die, even he have the death flag when he gave the flowers to his wife(ex?), I want the heroe society to fall in chaos.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 11:38   Link #3680
Twi

I don't want him dead. Punished for his past deeds, sure. But not dead. You know Dabi is going to do it though.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot