AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 00:28   Link #461
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 13. Finally a Discovery!? A Clue to Finding the Princess!

Came late and was left behind by a week.

To summarize my experience with the thirteenth episode, finally, I'm starting to feel quite more or less bored watching all the four PreCures in this season delivering their individual attacks as a group in sequence. Hence, now I'm begining to feel the effects of watching the same routine growing old on me.

Now, they continued building on the trope from the previous episode; picking-up another episode character and building her personality instead of treating her like MoTW sacrifice.
In this episode it was Alice's rival and childhood friend, Reina; typical ojou-sama archetype character trope in anime.

It was quite a nice build up, particularly when Reina used her convenience group of friends to do foul play on Mana and co. in order to make Alice go bananas.

However, the real course came a little after beginning of this episode when Regina appears to the group, but I don't quite get two things:
1) How come the fairies did not react to Regina's presence? I mean she's evil and to top it all, she's King Selfishness's daughter. They should detected some amiss with the girl's pressence.

2) How come the girls are in shock and yet stand idly when Regina magically makes the roses wither? Honestly, such feats like that not only spell suspicious but that character is likely bad, though that rule not necessarily applies in many magic-girl shows because is taken as a light issue to pay some serious attention on it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 02:05   Link #462
xizro345
King's Justice

Spoiler for Episode 14 spoilers:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 08:36   Link #463
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 14 spoilers:
Come on... Smile characters were archetypes without the ability to really grow. The crybaby was "less" crybaby but still was at the end, etc.

What's pisses me off most in Doki Doki it that Mapoki's fairy (Daby ?) got more personnality than her. She's just blank...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:07   Link #464
xizro345
King's Justice

The problem is that both Heartcatch and Smile had archetypes that not only had minimal character growth (then Smile went bad for story reasons) but they were actually fun to watch. Can't say the same applies with Doki, a problem that also Suite had.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:22   Link #465
Witched

That BGM near the end of the episode.. An instrumental version of the ending song.

Spoiler for !:

Feels kind of sad that Rikka-centered episodes so far aren't so... Great, especially with how everything is resolved.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 14:01   Link #466
xizro345
King's Justice

I also think that their fast turnaround for powerups is kind of screwing the story. I know they want to sell merchandise, but it's creating some issues (since Suite aired, I may add). I do have the same problem with other Toei merchandise-centric shows like Kamen Rider but I think it's more noticeable in Precure as of late.
Old 2013-05-05, 15:10   Link #467
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Okay, got the time to actually catch-up with you guys.
Nobody was aware of Regina's existence. Not suspicious at all...

Calling it right now :
Spoiler for Speculation is (soooo) wrong...:
Old 2013-05-05, 15:14   Link #468
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Strangely, I haven't outgrown from Mana's incessant obsession at playing the role of the good prince helping literally everyone in distress out there. On the other hand, what's starting to take the toll on me in Doki Doki are all the Cures showing off their powered-up attacks in sequential order to deal with the MotW. So, for the time being, I can only rely that the weeks' episodes nicely build up the target characters that are to become MotW fodder, though I have a hunch it won't last long.

To conclude, I'll still have to hold my opinion about Rika centered episodes until watching them.
Old 2013-05-08, 22:37   Link #469
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 14. A Dream or a Promise? Rikka's Major Concern!

Sorry for double post.

On-Topic
I came with the same mixed feelings like the rest of you guys out there as why Mana and friends don't even realize a clue or raise suspicions about Ai-chan granting the power to make appear royal stones whenever she touches any gift handed to the Cures as present.

Also, where is Joe out of all things?
And, to whom belongs the blue jay or parakeet spying upon the Cures whenever Ai-chan makes her magic to work?

My hunch came too early in this episode to say that looks like the writers have now abandoned the trope of "let's build up the recurrent character of the week before he or she becomes the sacrificial lamb to become the MoTW fodder" for good. So sad!

I thought I would enjoy this Rika-centered episode but turned generic, particularly because I'm not acquainted with karuta and seemed so foreign to me. If, on the other hand, this episode had dealt about shogi, then I would have felt more familiarized with the subject.
Old 2013-05-09, 11:54   Link #470
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Spoiler for episode 16, 17:
Old 2013-05-09, 12:07   Link #471
Midonin
Last Engage

And so begins the Mana Harem route.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:57   Link #472
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Spoiler for More 5th cure stuff:

Now I feel like the 5 crystal thing is hinting the new cure too.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 19:04   Link #473
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 15 - Shirayuki Baby:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 01:29   Link #474
xizro345
King's Justice

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Old 2013-05-12, 02:58   Link #475
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Regarding Regina:
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 03:35   Link #476
elior

it just my guess but i think regina will act like that in the next episode and the after that to get close to mana so she can destroy the group team work
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 03:38   Link #477
elior

Spoiler for episode 18 and 19 titles:

Last edited by elior; 2013-05-12 at 06:59.
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:48   Link #478
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Images
Dat wink
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-12, 18:23   Link #479
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogMoogle1 View Post
Images
Dat wink
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Makopi, you're doing it wrong...
Old 2013-05-18, 09:24   Link #480
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 15. So Busy! Makoto's Day as an Idol!

The climax for this episode to me turned average, taking into account the obvious predictability of Ai-chan randomly flying into scene and unknowingly delivering Cure Lovies for everyone. Likely, to me the only thing new in this kind of trope would be that Ai-chan did not feel threatened or distressed to call out new power accesories for the girls rather it was the opposite.

Now, Regina is growing quite likeable on me. She has a very gung-ho personality, though quite forceful and asking to be given things without earning them. She doesn't spare to adopt false identities, but instead reveals herself straightforwardly to the Cures; she goes where she pleases, and does what she pleases.
As far as I can discern, she only wants to have fun with the Cures, and to be able to forcefully convert the hearts of people into Jikochuu when the latter are able to contain their selfish thoughts at bay, then that's to be reckoned with.

Tags
action, magical girl