AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 3 13.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 30.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 21.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-13, 05:06   Link #21
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Not strictly inherent to the episode, but just out of curiosity, I thought SnK hype was quite big, instead episode 2 didn't even go past page 1, how's that?
Some people may be afraid of spoilers, so they don't browse the forum? And for those who are familiar with the manga, there isn't much to comment on apart from comparing the execution in the manga and in the anime.
Old 2017-04-13, 05:46   Link #22
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Am i the only one who thought that deformed titan on Connie's house was funny?? ?
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 17:37   Link #23
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
Am i the only one who thought that deformed titan on Connie's house was funny?? ?
It was definitely VERY grotesque.
Old 2017-10-21, 23:55   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm Home

This episode for the most part centered on Sasha, one amongst my favorite characters, and her heated argument with her father in the past made me to reflect an important lesson on human nature.

For an example, let me tell you a short and personal anecdote. I think about ten years ago my parents, siblings, and I were seated all together at the table enjoying food, then, my parents raised a topic about my country's poor living standard for those who live in extreme poverty, and why people like us who do not lack in health, home, money, and security should be awared of others who scrap for everything in order to survive. After that, my brother took those comments like sort of a personal issue and snapped back at my parents yelling that he's neither going to sacrifice himself nor his welfare nor caring for some wretched people.

Returning to topic, that real life example mentioned above serves as a perfect analogy on what Sasha's father tried to teach her, that at the long run humans are, after all, a social species and when push comes to shove there will come a time that no choice would be available but to be forced to work together with other people that, likely, won't have anything common or to do with us.

The issue is that, for most of us, we want to avoid putting ourselves not only into a situation that could endanger our lives but also into a situation that could potentially threaten our living standard or comfort zone. Nonetheless, the world is imperfect because nature made all species designed for survival, hence, the notions of equality and fairness do not exist in nature. But, at the end of the day, whether be irony or poetic justice or due to our selfish devices if we're not there for others then we should not expect that others will be there for us. Likewise, since the world is cruel and people are imperfect, then, even if you're diligent, hard working, and/or nice that's not a warranty either that somebody else would be there for you to help you out of trouble.

That was a lesson that Sasha learned the hard way and almost cost her an encounter with death, if it wasn't for her desire to live another day, as well as her empathy that made her to choose at saving that poor girl. Fortunately for Sasha, help came unexpectedly when she happened randomly crossing paths with her father and other villagers. No doubt that possibly he snapped or beat some sense into some folks to make the return trip back to that village in search of any survivors, and good graces that little girl and Sasha were delivered safely.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote