AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 05:34   Link #401
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hisako probably likes abs. While attitude wise she likes wild guys like Logan.

Seeing Logan with Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, X-23 I guess Hisako and him for season 2. She's just being mushy with Scott, but all the time she has been with most is Logan.

Hope season 2 we see more of Logan ("teaching the young") and Hisako either training or more interactions. I felt they focused too much on Scott.
I personally don't. Almost all X Men media of recent years have focused FAR too much on Logan, heck the most recent cartoon was called "Wolverine and the X Men" and the rest of X Men were essentially just fluctuating side characters. Hell the only reason this anime wasn't Wolverine centric was because he got his own anime.

If there's a season two I hope they continue the Cyclops focus as well as focusing more on the other X Men outside of Wolverine.

Wolverine was my favourite character but I don't like the fact the rest of the X Men were essentially screwed over, for a constantly increasing focus on him.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:29   Link #402
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Hisako probably likes abs. While attitude wise she likes wild guys like Logan.

Seeing Logan with Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, X-23 I guess Hisako and him for season 2. She's just being mushy with Scott, but all the time she has been with most is Logan.

Hope season 2 we see more of Logan ("teaching the young") and Hisako either training or more interactions. I felt they focused too much on Scott.
I'd rather see more Scott and Emma interactions. Plus Magneto broke out of prison. Bring him on! Hoping for Mystique to show up too.

The only Wolverine I'm interested in is Hugh Jackman.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:57   Link #403
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the ending pull it all together so its a re-watching again when it comes out of G4. But it suck that Rogue didnt show up

7/10
Old 2011-06-29, 21:58   Link #404
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Yeah, I did a double-take after seeing that aswell...Like no, that's not him...I mean I don't know much about Deadpool other than he seems to be the Nathan Fillion of Comicbook heroes in the sense fanboy sites swoon over him even though he doesn't have much out-front presence, but I was like damn, dude an Xmen?
former villains have been associated w/ the XMen, and he's one of them.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 22:01   Link #405
GDB

Not only that, but he's been a good guy (or at least, not a villain) for a long time. He even had a buddy comic with Cable for years.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:47   Link #406
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
former villains have been associated w/ the XMen, and he's one of them.
Yeh, I recently did a wikioverload on Deadpool and he seems pretty damn awesome...Worthy of the hype I always hear about him...I'm really interested in his "4th wall breaking" personality...Unfortunately the only animated work he really appears in is Hulk vs. Wolverine which is a bummer I guess...
Old 2011-07-07, 15:21   Link #407
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Hisako, at least in the comics, is basically set up as another one of Logan's teen sidekicks like all the ones mentioned above, so as "Relationships" go, its kinda Squicky.
then again, Hisako in the anime is utterly different from the one in the comics, which is a real shame IMHO.
Old 2011-11-28, 02:04   Link #408
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Blah...I only find out about this anime thanks to G4, so I'm late here but uh...

If there's a season two...why does nobody want Jeanie ?:[

Soft, warm, gooshy fluffy huggable redhead ftw. And she could leave the majority of the Phoenix powers in other dimensions. That or I just feel nostalgic about the 90s Jean Grey we grew up with coupled with the fact that she's just so pretty in MvC3.
Old 2011-11-29, 05:21   Link #409
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well, if there is a 2nd season, I'll be pretty disappointed if there's no "Gravity squeeze! You, are, DELICIOUS!!!".
Old 2011-12-02, 13:09   Link #410
Demongod86

Hahahaha.

All I know is that more Jean would be so amazing...I mean I'm trying to think of all of the versions I've ever seen of her and...uh...nope, none of the Western artists compare. This is undoubtedly her most succulent depiction since...ever.

Edit: as for Hisako/Logan: uhhh...isn't Hisako jail bait to him? I mean he's lived a hell of a long time (in some canons since the 19th century)...oh, and Rogue did appear in this anime. She was making cameos in the end, but her hair was cropped short ala Wolverine & the Xmen (or is it Xmen evo...one of those bad shows I never saw), not her 90s self, which is her best iteration.

I'm just hoping if there is a season 2, we get tons more Jeanservice. Her appearance puts at least Storm to shame, if not Emma...and speaking of whom, am I the only one that really enjoyed this depiction of Emma rather than the raunchy sharp-witted bitch she is in the comics?

Last edited by Demongod86; 2011-12-02 at 13:41.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 23:48   Link #411
Demongod86

So...is anyone watching the dub on G4? The dub in this case IMO is a lot better than the Japanese voice work. I suppose I'm not surprised by this, since any anime with a western theme (EG outlaw star, trigun, cowboy bebop) sounds better with English voices than in Japanese.

Plus...you don't really get any more American than the X-men. They're as American as apple pie.

Tags
madhouse, x-men