AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-05-08, 10:32   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Sola - Music Discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Sola here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads
Old 2007-05-08, 12:23   Link #2
rockdevil

Send a message via MSN to rockdevil
Hey i got a Question about the OP from Sola, in episode 1 you get a very angelic OP song. its totally different from the other OP songs.

does anyone know what that song is called and who sings it? would really love to know it

Greetz Ammie aka rockdevil
rockdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 12:27   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Original Name : 敏感な風景
Romaji : Binkan na Fuukei
Translation : Sensitive Scenery

Sung by : Ceui (She also sings sola ED)
Old 2007-05-08, 12:37   Link #4
rockdevil

Klashikari youre the BEST !! thnx allot m8

Greetz ammie
Old 2007-05-08, 23:58   Link #5
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

About that piano piece that plays every time Matsuri gets herself lost in a fantasy of clear skies. What is the name of that piece, and where can I obtain a copy of the piano sheets for it?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 14:35   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
About that piano piece that plays every time Matsuri gets herself lost in a fantasy of clear skies. What is the name of that piece, and where can I obtain a copy of the piano sheets for it?
The soundtrack for Sola isn't released until the end of June --- so you're gonna have to wait until then to find out.

CDJapan Link
Old 2007-05-09, 17:36   Link #7
rockdevil

ahh oke, well guess ill wait really love that song

Greetz Ammie
Old 2007-05-13, 12:44   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I could see myself listening to this music. Not often you see effort put into the soundtrack of an anime series anymore, let alone the type of series that usually drives me bonkers. I also want to do a cross comparision with some fo the Chrono Cross OST soundtracks I have.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 07:14   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Not often you see effort put into the soundtrack of an anime series anymore.
Lol, thats completely rubbish. A lot of effort is but into each musical score for anime --- music plays a huge part to a show.
Old 2007-05-15, 11:40   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Lol, thats completely rubbish. A lot of effort is but into each musical score for anime --- music plays a huge part to a show.
Tell that to the Shuffle! anime composer.

Seriously though that's somewhat naive, music may play big part in shows, but that doesn't mean a lot of effort is put into every single soundtrack.

To clarify, what I meant is that the music doesn't stand out so much anymore in anime for me like it used too. High Quality soundtracks are becoming less and less apparent and the openings are starting to sound to much alike. Now I'll also admit we are in a recovery period here and that even though there is one single OST I have had the desire to acquire in the last few years (Eureka 7), that's looking to change. I'm already considering Darker Than Black, Bokurano, sola, Tengen Toppa, Code Geass and Murder Princess.
Old 2007-05-15, 11:53   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
There's around five --- and i know i'm not the only one who loves the music for Shuffle! It may not be Yoko Kanno or Kawai Kenji, though the music does the job perfectly.

Quote:
To clarify, what I meant is that the music doesn't stand out so much anymore in anime for me like it used too.
Then we're both different. Every anime i watch, the music stands out for me. May sound stupid though its the truth. I love musical scores, and believe the right amount of effort is added for a success.
Old 2007-05-15, 12:17   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
There's around five --- and i know i'm not the only one who loves the music for Shuffle! It may not be Yoko Kanno or Kawai Kenji, though the music does the job perfectly.
FIVE COMPOSERS!

Crap, I mean I know you liked it so I don't want to seem a jerk about this..... how do I say this.

I personally thought it was a poor showing of what the synthesizer could do, but I'm clearly not the target audience for that type of music. I mean the synthesizer is possibly the greatest invention ever to come to music in my opinion, but it can also be misused. I didn't like how they used it, to me it was irritating and turned me off. Conversely I find sola's is relaxing and pulls you in. Please don't hate me.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:34   Link #13
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:

Seriously though that's somewhat naive, music may play big part in shows, but that doesn't mean a lot of effort is put into every single soundtrack.

To clarify, what I meant is that the music doesn't stand out so much anymore in anime for me like it used too. High Quality soundtracks are becoming less and less apparent and the openings are starting to sound to much alike. Now I'll also admit we are in a recovery period here and that even though there is one single OST I have had the desire to acquire in the last few years (Eureka 7), that's looking to change. I'm already considering Darker Than Black, Bokurano, sola, Tengen Toppa, Code Geass and Murder Princess.
Quote:

Then we're both different. Every anime i watch, the music stands out for me. May sound stupid though its the truth. I love musical scores, and believe the right amount of effort is added for a success.
Quote:
FIVE COMPOSERS!

Crap, I mean I know you liked it so I don't want to seem a jerk about this..... how do I say this.

I personally thought it was a poor showing of what the synthesizer could do, but I'm clearly not the target audience for that type of music. I mean the synthesizer is possibly the greatest invention ever to come to music in my opinion, but it can also be misused. I didn't like how they used it, to me it was irritating and turned me off. Conversely I find sola's is relaxing and pulls you in. Please don't hate me.
So, let's agree that everyone has his/her preferences. Deal?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 19:36   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, let's agree that everyone has his/her preferences. Deal?
We're big boys you know, we can understand a persons opinion.
Old 2007-05-20, 06:38   Link #15
Telliamed
sensei no pet

All the fuss about Motteke! SeraFuku and I nearly forgot that Mellow Melody is also releasing this week.

For those who miss Sensitive Scenery from ep.1, it will be included as the second and third tracks on the single: the OP version as well as "Zafi's Rain Mix" .

edit: I'm renaming track 3 to "Zafi's Cure for Insomnia Mix".

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-05-20 at 16:48.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 18:53   Link #16
gaidin

If anyone can find/make a full english translation of "Binkan no Fuukei" (either mix) it would be much appreciated!

The song feels like a lullaby...

Gaidin
gaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 20:24   Link #17
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
All the fuss about Motteke! SeraFuku and I nearly forgot that Mellow Melody is also releasing this week.

For those who miss Sensitive Scenery from ep.1, it will be included as the second and third tracks on the single: the OP version as well as "Zafi's Rain Mix" .

edit: I'm renaming track 3 to "Zafi's Cure for Insomnia Mix".
Of course, someone has been telling me that since Saturday, like, yeah.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 21:56   Link #18
ShadowVlican

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdevil View Post
Hey i got a Question about the OP from Sola, in episode 1 you get a very angelic OP song. its totally different from the other OP songs.

does anyone know what that song is called and who sings it? would really love to know it

Greetz Ammie aka rockdevil
just realized this song is included in the ED single

this song is so calming i just love it!!!!
ShadowVlican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 01:17   Link #19
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I don't suppose anybody has the full lyrics for Binkan na Fuukei? (either version, though I like the remix a bit more. Not sure if the lyrics differ at all.)

Such a gorgeous song. I wanted the ED, but I've fallen in love with this track that came with it. ^^;

Ed: Oops. Didn't see this had been asked a few posts up in my post-listening daze. Question still stands though, I'd love to have the full lyrics.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 01:32   Link #20
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

If it can help, when the song came out with the Audio Drama subbed by Doremi, I wrote down the text of their tranlation (should be the full version).

Ceui - Binkan no Fuukei :

Away nami ni
Sarawarenagara
Sotto sotto
Kietemo kamawanaikedo

Mada nokoru kimochi wa dokoka he
A... iro wo otosu deshou

Ake no hoshi ga
Hikari wo miseta
Yowai yowai
Kokoro ni furisosogu

Demo toki wa onaji omoi dake wo