AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Toradora! character(s) - Final Take!
Takasu Ryuuji 152 50.00%
Aisaka Taiga 186 61.18%
Kushieda Minori 114 37.50%
Kawashima Ami 162 53.29%
Kitamura Yuusuke 38 12.50%
Kanou Sumire 49 16.12%
Kihara Maya 13 4.28%
Kashii Nanako 8 2.63%
Haruta Kouji 17 5.59%
Noto Hisamitsu 15 4.93%
Kogaikubo Yuri 29 9.54%
Takasu Yasuko 62 20.39%
Inko 49 16.12%
Others (specify) 3 0.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-16, 00:06   Link #21
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
What?? She ends up with Haruta!
...I think that misconception may be the fault of similar character designs, but...

Haruta's girlfriend isn't Kashii. It's a girl he met offscreen... the story behind it is in the second Spin-Off novel.

Hell, I don't even know her name, but she's not Kashii.
Old 2009-04-17, 21:07   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I loved the whole cast thought they were all brilliant, problem is with multi-vote polls I tend to pick any that I just even remotely like-__-

oh the horror of multi-vote polls!

I'll just have to go with who I really really liked in this case, which would be Ami, Taiga, Ryuuji, Ya-chan, Minorin, Maya, Nanako, Haruta and Yuri-sensei!
Old 2009-04-17, 21:11   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ami of course got my vote.
Old 2009-04-20, 08:10   Link #24
Akka

I vote Ami and Yuusuke.
The only two who seem to have a functionnal brain in the serie. The others, though often sympathetic, just grated my nerves too much passing themselves the idiot ball constantly - or maybe just being full-time idiots, hard to tell.
Old 2009-04-20, 21:45   Link #25
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Voted Ami and Minori because the last chapters ruined the main pair (IMO).

I should vote for Nanako as well but forgot to.... Yasuko is a good candidate but i didn't see her when i vote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:49   Link #26
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

Taiga is my favorite tsundere, because her anger makes sense and stuff. Sure, others are done well, like Shana and Nagi, but both of those characters are hindered because they're too fantastical (Nagi is so unbelieveably rich and basically owns him and Shana isn't human, so she doesn't act like one) Taiga feels an emotional emptiness without Ryuuji and her dependence on him just touches me...

Uh, all three of those characters are done by Rie Kugimiya. Wait a second, how many series in a row have I recently seen with her... (counts) 6???

My other favorite and the other lead, Ryuuji is one of the best main characters ever. Seriously, his compulsion to help people is done really well. Compare him to Ichigo of Bleach. Ichigo on the surface is very similar: mean face, but has a compulsion to help people. However, Ryuuji doesn't just help Taiga confess - he does everything. If she's hungry, he'll make her as much as she wants. If she's late for school, he'll drag her out. If she makes any sort of mess, he'll instantly clean it up for her. And that's not all, he actually teaches her how to take care of herself. This shows why Taiga fits him the best out of the three choices. Minori generates her own power, she has to work. They would spend no time together because both of them would constantly try to outwork the other. If he pampered Ami like that, it would probably go to her head, and generally just be bad for her.

The Matchmaker Romance. The only relationship where a romantic dinner is used to discuss romantic dinners with other people.
Old 2009-04-21, 19:39   Link #27
LC
Shocking Pink

Taiga: Taiga was my favorite character. From the very beginning, she and her story just tugged at my heartstrings. I loved the way she grew and changed rather than staying a sterotypical "tsundere." (although she was never THAT sterotypical, IMO)

Minorin: Minori was my 2nd favorite after Taiga. She's hilarious. I also liked the RyuujixMinorin relationship, even though I had already spoiled myself on the outcome of the series. When I read Minori talking about the "ghosts," she instantly became one of my favorites.

I also voted for Ryuuji ("HAH?" XD), Ami, Kitamura, Haruta, and Inko-chan.. =)
Old 2009-04-22, 04:50   Link #28
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I voted for both Taiga and Ami. I dunno what it is about Taiga that draws me to liking her so much, I suppose my fandom of Tsundere characters has something to do with it. Also I liked seeing how Ami developed from the stuck up princess to someone who actually thought of others.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-05-18, 01:00   Link #29
Jiggy

Minori without a doubt; she became my favorite not just from Toradora, but from every story I've watched, read, or played. In practically every episode she was doing something or other to make me smile or have some distant admiration:
  • Her unusual metaphors: beating up her weaknesses, nosebleeds as perspiration of the heart, wanting to cut her hair so short that berries could grow on it.
  • Her wacky anime antics: a cute girl detector, fake chest police, painting eyeballs on her eyelids and sleeping in class.
  • Her random unapologetically dorky moments: "sighing GET," phrasing her inquiry to Ryuuji about what pictures he was buying in the context of a card game duel.
  • Her courage and strength both physically and emotionally: never flinching when she needed to make some sacrifice for her two favorite people in life, taking out the track team with a softball, tackling four more guys at once (and this in an anime where the girls aren't super characters who kick guys through walls and whatnot!).
  • Her subtlety and artful dodging to convey her feelings: her first ghost discussion, her ghost rejection, her reverse psychology with horror.

And the thing is, I don't even like the way she's drawn--to be honest, practically every time Minori appeared on screen I had to consciously ignore her constant wide-eye look. But I just walked away completely impressed by what the writer had done with her, keeping many typical traits of similar hyper-girl or weird-girl or brave-girl character archetypes but also giving her so many moments of originality that truly made Minori her own individual.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:33   Link #30
kyosak
poo

Definitely Taiga.
Old 2009-05-22, 10:57   Link #31
kazafglove

Taiga
Ryuuji
Inko

._.
Old 2009-05-22, 14:29   Link #32
vVReinaVv
Haruto Sakuraba-fangirl

I like Ryuuji. His eyes are actually pretty awesome...
Old 2009-05-24, 19:49   Link #33
Seitsuki
Onee!

For no reason
Sumire <3
no, maybe it's cos she reminds me of someone *tries to remember who...*
Old 2009-05-26, 10:22   Link #34
KimmyChan

Aisaka Taiga gets my vote for sure
Old 2009-06-21, 19:40   Link #35
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Just started this anime today and I have to say Taiga-chans personality is the most charming! <3
Old 2009-06-24, 04:25   Link #36
Starlight

Minori and Taiga
Old 2009-06-24, 18:47   Link #37
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

The early favorite is Ami. Not because of her mean tendencies, but i have a weak spot for the characters who know that they can never get the one they want, so they back out and enjoy as much as they can. Also her flirtatiousness is funny too.

Kushieda is a little too clutzy for me and Taiga hasn't wowed me yet. Im only ten eps so i wont put my final vote yet but so far its Ami and Ryuuji.
Old 2009-07-02, 12:30   Link #38
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
The early favorite is Ami. Not because of her mean tendencies, but i have a weak spot for the characters who know that they can never get the one they want, so they back out and enjoy as much as they can. Also her flirtatiousness is funny too.

Kushieda is a little too clutzy for me and Taiga hasn't wowed me yet. Im only ten eps so i wont put my final vote yet but so far its Ami and Ryuuji.
You're prolly done by now, but I'm sure they'll all grow on you by the end, even Minorin, when you find out what the clutziness is truly hiding .

I picked all four main characters, one of the best main casts of any series. Ami with her affectionate maturity fighting to break out from her petulant alter ego, Minorin with her silly metaphors hiding her true feelings, Taiga (especially after the Christmas episode) realizing who's always been at her side, and Ryuuji for being a non-stereotypical main guy who has OCD issues with messiness ("I can't just leave one sock alone! I MUST FIND ITS PAIR!").

Ciao!
Old 2009-07-03, 11:25   Link #39
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Taiga, Ami and Ya-chan.

Taiga, being voiced by Rie Kugimiya (and for many other reasons), is just awesome.

Ami is the only one of the group who refused to hold the Idiot Ball for long periods of time. Plus I'm partial to manipulative bitches.

Ya-chan produced much lulz.

Ryuuji carried the Idiot Ball far too long for my tastes and had serious issues with being unable to be honest with anyone concerning his feelings until the end. Must be a Japanese thing.

Minorin chewed so much scenery I just got tired of her. Plus her wishy-washiness over who she really loved was just mindbendingly fail.

The parrot was just disturbing. Nightmare Fuel indeed.
Old 2009-07-06, 04:28   Link #40
Velsy

Well I gave ticks to Taiga and Inko-chan!!! cause he said his name at the end

but want to give recognition to Ryuuji and Ami, they were also great chars I liked.

I pretty much liked most of the cast very much. But I didnt really seem that fond of Minorin, Ami did keep saying that Minorin will burn him, which indeed happened.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Closed Thread