AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-18, 12:47   Link #1
7thMethuselah

Burst Angel -- Baku Ten (Bakuretsu Tenshi)

WOW, did you see that animation, awesome

If the entire series will be like this everything else is gonna look so dull

Seems to be a rather normal mecha series, so I fear a 10 line story and nothing but battles...

Not sure yet if I'll check this one out, maybe one episode for the art ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 14:12   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

1) GONZO
2) Mecha
3) Guns
4) Two Female Main characters

Sure sounds familiar

But the celshading looks wicked. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
Old 2004-03-18, 14:44   Link #3
DemonEye

Previews/trailers does not say much. But it looks interesting. I have been waiting for this anime so...
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 17:39   Link #4
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
1) GONZO
2) Mecha
3) Guns
4) Two Female Main characters

Sure sounds familiar

But the celshading looks wicked. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
Well this is GONZO, they're weak in the story-department, strong in the visuals. This looks like another one for them. The premise doesn't interest me, but I do have to admit that animation looks amazing. I can't deny that!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 17:45   Link #5
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

I usually enjoy Gonzo shows, and I hope that this one turns out good, but the trailer just seemed to be trying too hard to look cool. I dunno, the style seemed forced to me, somehow.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 17:58   Link #6
LinChoiSin

it doesn't look good to me because i'm not a huge fan of animes without any male lead character but i like Gonzo's style so i'll watch the first episodes
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 19:48   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
It looks interesting :P
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 06:35   Link #8
koki_2706

I just saw the raw of Bakuten, and I've to say that this series rocks!!! The spectacular battle in the opening of the show is entirely done in 3d, of which Gonzo is famous for. However, I feel that that the subsequent animation can be improved, but of course I'm nitpicking here. As for the story, the first episode is a typical 'introduce the main characters', but I dont understand enough japanese to tell the details here. Lastly, just as what Mb81 says, the character design is amazing, but I dont understand why it reminds him of Noir and Kiddy Grade..?

Another awesome series by Gonzo, really...
koki_2706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 08:15   Link #9
Kain

Gonzo is our fiend
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 14:22   Link #10
hanlerris

It had nice eye candies and character design was very nice. But who know about the rest. It's been only one episode and it can go either way in things like character development, plot, etc. Should check it out for at two or three more episode before deciding to continue watching it.

By the way this series can be generalized as girls with attitude who has guns.
hanlerris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:32   Link #11
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

another "reminds me of noir" type anime? can't they be at least original
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:43   Link #12
BOZZY

God... I hope it doesn't end up like Noir... Geh... That annoying little music box from the beginning was so evilllll... They kept replaying it over and over again...

I am just a little disappointed that they grey haired female character is well... a girl... From those posters a while back (the Girls X Guns X 3DCG one) I thought that the grey haired character was a guy

But the character designs look really nice... I can't wait for this to be released with English subs
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 03:27   Link #13
Za Paper

After 1 ep, not too impressed. The framerate in the CG looks low. It also looks like they are combining the girls with guns genre with the harem anime genre. Not a good thing in my opinion.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 09:30   Link #14
Airnest

I'm downloading this series. Does any one know how many episodes it has?
Airnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 09:51   Link #15
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

It reminds me of Bubblegum Crisis, which is a good thing. however the actions are just so-so... the "logo" picture has some lesbian tones I think
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 10:36   Link #16
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
My First Impression

The Opening Animation (not OP song) is spectacular albeit... not... smooth, but spectacular nonetheless. As far as characters are concerned, I did not get the "Noir-ish" feeling as mention in above post.

The premise of this show is what's dragging me in at this point--a post-apocolyptic Metro-Tokyo with the obligatory urban chaos and human decay. It's a place where things have gotten so bad, that the strict Japanese gun-control laws*** that we know in reality are moot, so much so that the government in this near-future fanstasyland has simply declared to its people, "Go ahead and arm yourselves, it's a dangerous world."

If anything, Baku-Tenshi reminds me more of R.O.D. the TV series, in that here (again) is a freelance group of people (girls) working for an unknown entity, making a living stealing from petty-crooks and mobsters.

The characters, as expected of most 1st episode, are largely uncommited and besides the obligatory run-and-gun, there was little in terms of development. Then again, it is the first episode.

As I skimmed the preview, the mention of "Shibuya" and its "utter chaos and lawlessness" cracked me up as it is true in the Shibuya, Japan we know today, albeit without too much of the general urban decay seen in Baku-Tenshi. I remember being in Shibuya a couple years back and boy was I glad I was there during the day By all accounts, according to a Japanese friend of mine(a guy named Jun 純 ... I poke fun at him at lot for that ), it's a mess in Shibuya. Maybe kj can shed more light on that as he's only a few JR rides away

In any case, I'm expecting good thing out of this series, and am keeping an open mind just because it's GONZO

***Source: http://www.n-p-s.net/new0001.htm
Note: Damn that was a good read at 7 A.M. Please excuse and correct any translation discrepencies.
Japanese Deadly Weapons-control laws--rough translations here... it's a good read

Chapter One basically says "Anyone, with the exception to those in the circumstances listed herein, are NOT to possess firearms." The Chaptor One list is long, specific, and far more restrictive than the ones in the States. Then again, in the United States, we just have the 2nd Amendment, which recogizes the right to bear arms (personally I don't agree with the current interpretation, but that's just me, my opinion, and don't flame me for it) and plenty of restrictions to keep us safe.

Chaptor Two recognizes the need for deadly weapons in very specific circumstances (sea-fishing, hunting, and such...) and list out the requirements as well as a strigent screening and registration policy.

Bah read the rest yourself if you want I'm tired. Oh and Chaptor Five lists ou the punishment for the violators of these statutes.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 11:04   Link #17
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hmmm? did I say it's like Noir? I just think that "logo picture" with two girls hugging looks quite nice
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 11:33   Link #18
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmmm? did I say it's like Noir? I just think that "logo picture" with two girls hugging looks quite nice
No no, I mean Mb81's first post and some freaked-out reaction from that "Noir "comment.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 11:44   Link #19
krusher

it reminded me of daphne in the brilliant blue
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 11:54   Link #20
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
yea it reminds me a big of BGC
Jo - Priss
Ami - Nene
Sei- (for the bloody life of me i forget how to spell the leader girl's name)
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote