4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.44%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-11, 15:08   Link #121
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
It's probable that the second Asmeu could walk Flint started bringing him around whenever he was working with MS.

Then as a child growing up Flint obviously allowed Asmeu to play around which allowed him to get used to handling MS.

So that along with the fact that he was building a stripped down MS AND attending a military academy I don't see why it'd be farfetched for him NOT to be an outstanding pilot.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:06   Link #122
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
I think i will miss Desil more than Woolf. I'm pretty disappointed by the way Desil was treated in Asemu's arc. Desil was given special treatment in the 1st arc, and in the 2nd arc he seems to be forever in Zeheart's shadow. I don't really mind this, but i'm disappointed that even not being the arc's big bad ,the writers seem to want to screw him over in all ways possible. They made Desil really pathetic in this arc, he was way cooler in the 1st arc. Still i'm curious why Desil wasn't the 2nd arc's big bad(and why Zeheart was given the even special treatment instead), was it part of Sir Ez-whatever-his-name-is' plan or was it because Desil screwed up big time at the end of the 1st arc.
My though exactly, back in the first arc when Flit let Desil go I though he was making a severe mistake and that a more deadly rematch would ensue when they would be grown up. AGE being AGE, characters are handle rather poorly (as an example, Romary is a character who's main trait is to simply "be around when needed/unneeded", she doesn't need to do anything, she's just standing there, I'm not going to elaborate further on the Grodek part), a pity given the very promising potential here and there. In that second part Desil is portrayed as a psychopathic clown at best. Given what happened with Yurin I expected Flit to at least shut him out (Yurin no kataki fashion), but Woolf got killed (the opening was a major deathflag) anyway, turning Asemu into Super Pilot and the clown was no more. On the Zeheart part, seeing the lot of favor he got here and there, being the one who wears the mask, should we expect him to be back for more Ezelcant worshipping in the third part?
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:41   Link #123
justsomeguy

I don't see anything wrong with how Desil was handled. He was Flit's rival, and Flit's arc is over. Flit had already beaten the guy and exposed Desil as somebody who has nothing other than his own ego. Asemu's rival is Zeheart, and Desil was just the already defeated midboss trying to regain his pride.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:47   Link #124
Dr. Casey

Someone mentioned earlier that Desil was brain damaged from the X-Rounder helmet or whatever. I agree that Desil was pretty uninteresting in this arc and could have been utilized better, but I don't see what's wrong with a brain damaged person clearly having mental problems.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:49   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't know if the Mucell helmets work on actual X-Rounders. All we know is that they aren't healthy for regular people. That said, Desil very likely never matured much due to all the time he spends in that cryo pod, which accounts of his decay.
Old 2012-04-12, 02:22   Link #126
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We don't know if the Mucell helmets work on actual X-Rounders. All we know is that they aren't healthy for regular people. That said, Desil very likely never matured much due to all the time he spends in that cryo pod, which accounts of his decay.
It could be that the healmet is the source of X-rounders in Vagan.

The amount of mentally stable X-rounders in Vagan is total one (ignoring the leader for now).

Desil was during the first arc mental and the Magicians 8 aren't really calm during any situation but it may be because of their over the top arrogance and that they remind me of the Inspectors of Super Robot Wars.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 06:29   Link #127
Araxiel

If Obright survives this arc, massive props to him for surviving such a big death flag. At the moment, I see his chances as pretty much even- on the one hand, getting a marriage proposal accepted before battle is very much tempting fate, but on the other hand, Age's generational story may just save his bacon [along the lines of allowing them to introduce his and Remi's child in Kio's arc].
Personally, I'd like him to survive. He's pretty endearing.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:10   Link #128
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Well, the preview for the next episode show's him in the last shot... that's not a good sign in my eyes But I hope he does survive.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:34   Link #129
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Well, the preview for the next episode show's him in the last shot... that's not a good sign in my eyes But I hope he does survive.
If we look carefully he's got the "surprised" eyes in that last shot, so probably he's seeing Zeheart coming at him at 3 X Speed and is just about to get Heine'd...
Old 2012-04-12, 18:52   Link #130
Dr. Casey

Which leads Remi Ruth to swear vegeance against the Vagans, becoming the main protagonist for the third generation.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:37   Link #131
Skye629

Heres the simplest sum up of Asem: He doesn't look look at the positive side of things, and instead looks at every negative aspect with a compulsive urge to make up for it however he can

Honestly at this rate hes gonna end up worse than Kira in my eyes, at least Kira had a goal and knew what he wanted and accepted who he was.....

BTW should I get the HG AGE-2 Normal or Double Bullet? I simply can't decide XD
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:17   Link #132
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Heres the simplest sum up of Asem: He doesn't look look at the positive side of things, and instead looks at every negative aspect with a compulsive urge to make up for it however he can

Honestly at this rate hes gonna end up worse than Kira in my eyes, at least Kira had a goal and knew what he wanted and accepted who he was.....

I'm not so sure.. Asemu seems to be at that age where he is easily influenced and perceptible. With things around him not going down too well, you can expect him to be lost and confused. Compounding this was Woolf's passing, effectively taking away from Asemu his only source of guidance and wisdom.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:47   Link #133
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

Normal Age 2 in the anime looks better then the Double Bullet.

I know the basic frame of Age 2 is the same but Double Bullet looks a bit to much like Age 1 normal except the difference with those beam rifles/sabers on it's shoulders.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 21:38   Link #134
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Concerning Asem being whiny.

I seem to vaguely recall being 17 years old myself. I do believe I was quite the whiner back then. And I do believe I wasn't the only one either. Isn't that a thing that teenagers often do?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:52   Link #135
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Concerning Asem being whiny.

I seem to vaguely recall being 17 years old myself. I do believe I was quite the whiner back then. And I do believe I wasn't the only one either. Isn't that a thing that teenagers often do?
I think some people take offence in Asemu being too whiny, rather than being whiny.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:59   Link #136
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Fandom generally believes "any whining at all" to be "too whiny."
Old 2012-04-15, 01:26   Link #137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So his whininess is realistic. Of all the things they could have picked to be realistic about, why go there?

(I'm kidding. I don't really have a problem with his whininess.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion