AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 02:19   Link #1
jimbo98765

How do you burn videos onto DVD+R???

I seems be able to burn only audio files onto the disc.
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 06:26   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Depends on how you want to burn it to DVD. Unless you really want to be able to view the video on your DVD player, I recommend burning it as a data disc. That way you can get the most episodes on a disc (15-25 episodes depending on the filesize). The only downside is that they can only be played on a PC.

For burning data discs, use Nero. For burning video discs, check this sticky thread.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 08:17   Link #3
jimbo98765

Great help. Thnx.
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 08:44   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
The only downside is that they can only be played on a PC.
Actually some recent DVD players support DivX/Xvid and will play a data disc full of AVI files. I just bought an LG device which does this. Makes it much easier to watch anime on my TV rather than at my desk!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 11:53   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Actually some recent DVD players support DivX/Xvid and will play a data disc full of AVI files. I just bought an LG device which does this. Makes it much easier to watch anime on my TV rather than at my desk!
agree with htis, i have a dvd player with an inbuild DivX player and it plays most things that were burned on as an ISO

there is also a way to burn things to play on every dvd player, you use Nero Vision Express for it but the downside is it would only burn 4 episodes a disc so it will take a lot of money in the end
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 15:19   Link #6
Aird

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
agree with htis, i have a dvd player with an inbuild DivX player and it plays most things that were burned on as an ISO

there is also a way to burn things to play on every dvd player, you use Nero Vision Express for it but the downside is it would only burn 4 episodes a disc so it will take a lot of money in the end
You can always reduce the bitrate Nero Vision Express encodes to increase the episode count per disc. I personally prefer GHDpro's scripts since it is much more versatile. Nero Vision Express can only recognize AVIs and doesn't account for overscan issues.
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 16:59   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is a silly caveat: but make sure your version of Nero actually does DVD ... a lot of Nero disks out there were only packaged for CD burners