AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-05, 11:58   Link #1221
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I think that Honoka knows what she wants and will use every resource available to her, to make sure that she gets it. Tanimoto just happens to be what she is fixated on at the moment.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 15:26   Link #1222
Ewauksonian

1. Saiga Furinji: The Elder
2. Mikumo Kushinada: Akisame/Ma Kensei/The Elder
3. Diego Carlos: Apachai/Sakaki?
4. Silcardo Jenazad: The Elder
5. Alexander Gaidar: Akisame
6. Isshinsai Ogata: The Elder?
7. Akira Hongo: Sakaki
8. Unnamed Muay Boran Master: Apachai
9. Sero(?): ?
10. Unamed Master: Ma Kensei (??)

Since Sho claims he knows some chinese Kung Fu, one of the last two listed must know Chinese Kung Fu, unless Ogata knows Kung Fu. I currently have none for Shigure.
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 16:59   Link #1223
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I think at least one of the fights will be Yami master vs Yami master, just as Berserker vs Hermit was the internal fight from Ragnarok arc. We've already seen Diego's disciples emphasize their independence twice, once when they challenged Sho Kano and again when they flipped off Gaidar's troops. Sooner or later , they'll face repurcussions, and I'm hoping Diego will end up fighting for them against Yami.

Does anyone else think the manga has focused much more on school setting since Kenichi's draw with Sho? For mine, I'm glad to see that teenage life feel restored to the manga. The differing personalities of Miu, Kenichi, Boris, Rachel and Chikage can come across much more naturally in a school environment rather than in fights. And the instructors, school clubs and classes add additional flavour to the story.

The reformation of Boris was the best handled yet, because :
1) It wasn't over the top turning him into a Shinpaku groupie or disciple of justice.
2) Rather than Kenichi turning him, it was more his natural affection towards his sensei .
3) While Boris hasn't turned completely, it's heavily implied that he's on a better path now if he can escape his master's influence.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 18:12   Link #1224
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I think at least one of the fights will be Yami master vs Yami master, just as Berserker vs Hermit was the internal fight from Ragnarok arc. We've already seen Diego's disciples emphasize their independence twice, once when they challenged Sho Kano and again when they flipped off Gaidar's troops. Sooner or later , they'll face repurcussions, and I'm hoping Diego will end up fighting for them against Yami.

Does anyone else think the manga has focused much more on school setting since Kenichi's draw with Sho? For mine, I'm glad to see that teenage life feel restored to the manga. The differing personalities of Miu, Kenichi, Boris, Rachel and Chikage can come across much more naturally in a school environment rather than in fights. And the instructors, school clubs and classes add additional flavour to the story.

The reformation of Boris was the best handled yet, because :
1) It wasn't over the top turning him into a Shinpaku groupie or disciple of justice.
2) Rather than Kenichi turning him, it was more his natural affection towards his sensei .
3) While Boris hasn't turned completely, it's heavily implied that he's on a better path now if he can escape his master's influence.
draw? you mean win. And yea its focused on the school setting more I agree and enjoy. Its interesting to see the bad guys try to act like regular students.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 18:16   Link #1225
Cinocard

More like, this has been a school-life manga from the start, the D&D arcs was what divert from the road.

Also i don't mind seeing the new Miu for several Dozens chapter more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewauksonian View Post

Since Sho claims he knows some chinese Kung Fu, one of the last two listed must know Chinese Kung Fu, unless Ogata knows Kung Fu. I currently have none for Shigure.
The one master who we hasn't seen the face has many Chinese traits (bald, clothing..)

Also remember our salaryman
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 04:33   Link #1226
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
draw? you mean win. And yea its focused on the school setting more I agree and enjoy. Its interesting to see the bad guys try to act like regular students.
What I find interesting is that the Yomi students who acted "regular" seem the least likely to reform. Tirawit fit right in as the manipulative bully, and Rachel as the attention-seeking super popular girl. Yet both of them are still eager to kill Kenichi.

Whereas boris struggled to reconcile school life with his fidelity to Alexander, and Chikage can't fit in with normal students. Yet those two are the most likely converts to Kenichi-ism.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-12-06 at 06:06.
Old 2008-12-06, 05:24   Link #1227
Rashou

lol, Kenichi-ism!

I'm glad the focus is on school life a little more too, though hopefully it'll become more cohesive- I miss the antics of the older members of the Alliance, like Siegfried, Takeda, and Kisara, who all had a fair amount of focus during the Desperate Fight of Disciples.

Nice Kitty!
Rashou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 06:26   Link #1228
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Well now that all the masters from Ryouzanpakou finished showing off... it is only natural for the attention to go back to the diciples. But my guess is that we will have couple chapters of Miu and then at some somepoint Kenichi will have to go through those hellish training so he can fight the rest of the Yomi.
Old 2008-12-06, 08:40   Link #1229
Amirali
Banned

I think Kenichi will have his next hellish training bout after he gets embarrassed by Kajima.
Old 2008-12-06, 11:22   Link #1230
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
I think Kenichi will have his next hellish training bout after he gets embarrassed by Kajima.
i think this time it wil lbe kajima who gets beat up.... there is still some time for them to meet cause atm the one assigned to get Kenichi is Chikage. Kajima did something that he thought would destroy Kenichi after analizing him but somehow it didnt work, not only making Kajima suspecting Kenichi being stronger than he calculated but also making Kenichi mentally stronger. And i think saving Chikage from Yami will making his resolve even stronger.
Old 2008-12-06, 17:39   Link #1231
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Kajima is the current leader of Yomi, it was Tirwat who defeated Kenichi before.
Old 2008-12-06, 21:51   Link #1232
Ewauksonian

Quote:
What I find interesting is that the Yomi students who acted "regular" seem the least likely to reform. Tirawit fit right in as the manipulative bully, and Rachel as the attention-seeking super popular girl. Yet both of them are still eager to kill Kenichi.

Whereas boris struggled to reconcile school life with his fidelity to Alexander, and Chikage can't fit in with normal students. Yet those two are the most likely converts to Kenichi-ism.
I want to point this out.

1. Boris: Sei, Lawful Neutral, Satsujinken

Generally speaking, I'm assuming (and this is a purely an assumption) that Yami is an evil organization. Boris is not interested in questions of morality, but only is interested in following orders. However, Sensei Ono represents his first "crisis of morality" and "desire to see close to him not hurt". He hasn't answered either yet, but generally people don't remain subconciously uncaring of good or evil - rather, they make a steadfast commitment to not care.

2. Chikage: Sei, Lawful Neutral/Evil, Satsujinken

I'm assuming these are some of the first and few times she has been outside a "controlled" (in the common thinking sense, and in the scientific sense) environment. Assuming she is a 12-year-old girl, she would probably have a liking towards sweets. Being deprived of them has not made her thirst for them less - this actually seems to amplify the problem. The minute she takes one sweet, she is going to take ALL sweets as much as she can at that moment, losing control.

I want add something unrelated. Ryuuto's condescending answer on Kenichi to Kajima maybe his true feelings, but true feelings that are hiding some other feelings. In other words, he is dodging the question. He's probably not lying to Kajima, but simply being dishonest.
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 04:43   Link #1233
Tri-ring

This week's hi-light sceen.
Spoiler for Rachel's XXXX:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 05:33   Link #1234
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
This week's hi-light sceen.
Spoiler for Rachel's XXXX:

cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 06:06   Link #1235
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Where are you getting the raw? It's not on Crazy's manga or raw paradise so I'm stumped
Old 2008-12-09, 06:15   Link #1236
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Where are you getting the raw? It's not on Crazy's manga or raw paradise so I'm stumped
Not everyone downloads their weekly dose.
Old 2008-12-09, 06:20   Link #1237
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Hmm, yes that's true well could you be so kind as to give us a brief summary of the chapter. Scanning is far to time consuming for one to do as a spontaneous act of charity
Old 2008-12-09, 06:59   Link #1238
Tri-ring

There isn't much in terms of story development if that is what you are asking.

Spoiler for Battle 317 Outline:
Old 2008-12-09, 07:03   Link #1239
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

****** = unknown person or someone whom you don't want to spoil. Either which way thanks for the spoilers
Old 2008-12-09, 07:04   Link #1240
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
****** = unknown person or someone whom you don't want to spoil. Either which way thanks for the spoilers
It won't be fun if I spoiled everything don't you think?

Tags
shounen