AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 12:26   Link #641
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Considering they're using eggs stored before the Dahan incident and Tatsuya's similarity with Tatsurou I wouldn't say that it's a stretch to still consider him the father. With that psion count as well. Tatsuya and Miyuki are half siblings? At the very least, what connection is there anymore for Tatsuya's father to be related to the Dahan?
Somebody mentioned that Tatsurou does not have any face in LN, so I went back and tried to find it, and it was true. There is no illustration that shows his face. Seems like, many of us have been affected by Mahouka anime including myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
It's not really the relationship part that will worry the rest of the Ten. It'll be the "how the heck have the Yotsuba managed to hide a Strategic class magician behind our back" that worrys them.
No, I don't think, Maya will have to release his identity as S-class magician unless it is necessary because Scorched Halloween is being described as a shocking event more than Yotsuba's assault on Dahan according to Miyuki in vol.14. So, Maya may not have to release the information for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
i wonder something that when tatsuya shows off his new magic, is it in front of the only yotsuba family or in front of the whole 10mc?
It is during the family meeting.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:28   Link #642
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Somebody mentioned that Tatsurou does not have any face in LN, so I went back and tried to find it, and it was true. There is no illustration that shows his face. Seems like, many of us have been affected by Mahouka anime.
Oh, I actually never finished the anime I didn't like it. The image I have in my head is the one from the manga. It's the same artist and writer though so does it matter?
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:33   Link #643
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Oh, I actually never finished the anime I didn't like it. The image I have in my head is the one from the manga. It's the same artist and writer though so does it matter?
Hmm, if it is the same illustrator, Ishida Kana, she may have been consulting with the author. But, if the story is going crazy as much as now, we may need more detail to confirm Tatsuya's father.
Old 2015-05-03, 12:35   Link #644
Abysmalheart

Why is it no one is posting all the illustration of the volume is released early ?
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:37   Link #645
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Hmm, if it is the same illustrator, Ishida Kana, she may have been consulting with the author. But, if the story is going crazy as much as now, we may need more detail to confirm Tatsuya's father.
Oh, no actually, I'm mistaken. I just went and checked, it's a different artist. All this time I had though it was the same.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:43   Link #646
amtro
Distro

Tatsurou and Tatsuya are only said to resemble in how mundane they look. Also, Tatsurou is likely from one of Yotsuba's distant relatives, their founding ancestors were called Shiba, not Yotsuba. They had 4 children and only 2 of these had children of their own, by then they had all adopted the name Yotsuba.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:47   Link #647
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
Why is it no one is posting all the illustration of the volume is released early ?
I think, there is a reason why people at Japan are reluctant to post additional illustrations or B/W pictures. It is still before the official release date. Currently, 2chan's mahouka is going crazy because not everyone have received the vol.16. Many of them are still expecting the copy to be shipped on May 9th, and for those guys, they are not happy, and they do not want to be spoiled. So, guys who received vol.16 by Amazon's mistake, may be controlling themselves from releasing additional pictures to the web.
Old 2015-05-03, 12:49   Link #648
aortax

So tatsuya and miyuki have the purest blood out of the generation and shiba house is the head house
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:53   Link #649
TheLaG

About new Tatsuya magic, considering it's speed and theory behind (FAE), do you think this will be another Over Horizont magic of his but without need of Third Eye? If I remember fight with Lina correctly, she could change range of her magic with Brioniac.
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:00   Link #650
amtro
Distro

@aortax Nah, more like someone who was distantly related to the first Yotsubas married back into the family and they took their name from him. Shiiba and Shiba don't use the same characters.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:04   Link #651
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
So tatsuya and miyuki have the purest blood out of the generation and shiba house is the head house
If I hear terms like "purest blood", I need to remind myself that Mahouka seems to attract some kind of people I'd prefer not having to deal with. Can we please do without those racist-laden terms?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:04   Link #652
Lord_Odin93

Going off from what i've read from the Yotsuba Family Genealogy Illustration, it would seem that Shiba Kuuya (司馬 空故), is an ancestor of Shiba Tatsurou (司波 龍郎 [旧姓・司馬]). Correct me if i'm wrong , but doesn't "旧姓" mean Maiden Name?

This would make sense, confirming what amtro and aortax stated.
Lord_Odin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:07   Link #653
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
If I hear terms like "purest blood", I need to remind myself that Mahouka seems to attract some kind of people I'd prefer not having to deal with. Can we please do without those racist-laden terms?
How did what I say is racist? I am saying they are the ones who are direct descendants of the yotsuba. Meaning son of each heir . How is that racist ? I did not mean tatsourou I meant the family tree overall.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:07   Link #654
amtro
Distro

Quote:
There's no racist bullshit here. We're talking about hereditary magics and power, so yes dilution is a problem. Get over it, man.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:10   Link #655
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Odin93 View Post
Going off from what i've read from the Yotsuba Family Genealogy Illustration, it would seem that Shiba Kuuya (司馬 空故), is an ancestor of Shiba Tatsurou (司波 龍郎 [旧姓・司馬]). Correct me if i'm wrong , but doesn't "旧姓" mean Maiden Name?
Wow, I cannot believe, you caught this.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:11   Link #656
azarhal

There is still something I don't see the point of doing: What's the point of giving Tat a dead fiancée?

It cause a problems in term of character ages, Tat's abilities prior to his mind-rape and the order of events. Unless they were babies at the time, which makes her totally irrelevant storywise because Tat never knew her. Then add that his fiancée has to die for Miyuki to be created...

People are also talking about Shiva's parallels, well there are myths about demons impersonating Parvati to trick Shiva...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:12   Link #657
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
There's no racist bullshit here. We're talking about hereditary magics and power, so yes dilution is a problem. Get over it, man.
"Dilution" in "hereditary magics" is no racism in your head?

I recognize that the story background encourages marriages between families with magical powers, but this does not translate into terms like "purity". If "purity" was ever introduced in the story, please show me some references.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:14   Link #658
aortax

Quote:
"Dilution" in "hereditary magics" is no racism in your head?

I recognize that the story background encourages marriages between families with magical powers, but this does not translate into terms like "purity". If "purity" was ever introduced in the story, please show me some references.

So talking about genolgy is racist . Saying you are a direct descendant is also racist ?
Old 2015-05-03, 13:14   Link #659
Lord_Odin93

What truly interests me in this whole power struggle is that Tatsurou and Aya (Mitsugu's Wife) are both the direct descendants of the Original family. The Shiba's and Shinonome's.
Lord_Odin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:18   Link #660
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Odin93 View Post
What truly interests me in this whole power struggle is that Tatsurou and Aya (Mitsugu's Wife) are both the direct descendants of the Original family. The Shiba's and Shinonome's.
This is interesting. So, Actual Shiba and Shinonome family lines may be still existing.
Hmm... Do you think, they may be sponsors of Yotsuba or are relatives of sponsors?

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy