Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-19, 09:20   Link #1
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Night Head Genesis

has anyone heard about it?
Night Head Genesis - http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4472

i've never heard about this anime which is pretty wierd because it airs this month and i usually find out about most of the animes at least a month in advance! ^^"

the picture in ANIDB hints there might be shounen ai in the show so to those who know the original live action or have some information - is there a chance?

thanks for replying. ^^
Old 2006-06-19, 09:35   Link #2
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
They are brothers.. So no, probably not shounen-ai.

This anime is based on a TV drama, “NIGHT HEAD”, aired in 1992.

Two brothers, Kihiraha Naoto and Kirihara Naoya have supernatural power. Because of their power, they ware abandoned by their parents, and they have been raised in a laboratory isolated from societies. When they run away from the laboratory and get into a normal society, the trend of revolution occur.

Taken from www.animenfo.com

Will someone sub it? I can't wait for this series!
Old 2006-06-19, 10:44   Link #3
andromeda0201

This looks very interesting, any serious, cool looking anime catches my eye at once, lol! so what is their supernatural power supposed to be? because the official website has something like a big brain on the front page
Old 2006-06-19, 17:41   Link #4
TEKO425

"70% of our mental capacity unused at any one time is known as Night Head"

NIGHT HEAD GENESIS is a 24 episode anime series that will begin its TV broadcast on July 29. It is based on the 1992 late-night live-action TV drama series "NIGHT HEAD". The story revolves around two brothers with psychic powers on the run after escaping from the scientific facility where they were raised since their parents abandoned them. Naoto Kirihara (27 years old) is the older brother with telekinetic powers voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (Conrad from Kyou Kara Maou, Kimimaro from Naruto, Naraku from Inuyasha). Naoya Kirihara (21 years old) is the younger brother with telepathic powers voiced by Akira Ishida (Athrun from Gundam SEED Destiny, Gaara from Naruto, Joel from Blood+).

The official website http://www.nighthead-genesis.jp is where you can watch the trailer. Another website http://www.gyao.jp/anime/nighthead/ reveals a lot more of what the two brothers actually look like (gorgeous bishounens!!!) and how "close" they are to one another (the older brother looks super protective of his younger brother). This second website is also where you can watch episode 1 as a stream since June 17 if you reside in Japan (I tried to trick them with a random Japanese postal code but they can detect you are overseas from your IP address).

Kirihara brothers

Naoto Kirihara (kakkoii onii-san)

Naoya Kirihara (kawaii otouto)

Last edited by TEKO425; 2006-06-25 at 20:20.
Old 2006-06-20, 01:07   Link #5
Sakuya
*Artist

A serious anime with gorgeous character designs, I'm in! I was at the official site viewing the summary for episode 1 and accompanied with the eerie music, it makes it as if it's horror. It was pretty creepy, especially the "screencaps" if you can call it that.
Old 2006-06-20, 04:27   Link #6
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKO425
The younger brother, Naoya Kirihara, is voiced by Akira Ishida (Athrun from Gundam SEED Destiny).
and nanami from sukisho. :}
Old 2006-06-20, 10:24   Link #7
andromeda0201

So this is a 'sibling love' kind of anime I might me searching for perhaps? hopefully it doesn't lead to any yaoi undertones
Old 2006-06-20, 18:28   Link #8
TEKO425

OH MY GOD!!! High-quality action figures of Naoto and Naoya have already been made! I want! I want!

The clothes look so realistic since they appear to be made of cloth!

Last edited by TEKO425; 2006-06-25 at 15:21.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:01   Link #9
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I watched the trailer. I think it has something to do with esp and using the full capacity of your brain. Or something. And the guy can break windows with his mind!
Old 2006-06-20, 22:13   Link #10
Sakuya
*Artist

What does ESP stand for? Sounds interesting. I'm definitely watching this. It looks dark too. My kind of show.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:24   Link #11
TEKO425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
What does ESP stand for? Sounds interesting. I'm definitely watching this. It looks dark too. My kind of show.
ESP stands for extra-sensory perception, which basically means psychic powers. I read somewhere the older brother is telekinetic (e.g., breaks windows) and the younger brother is telepathic.
Old 2006-06-20, 23:11   Link #12
Sakuya
*Artist

Has anyone seen/know the drama that it was based on, "Night Head"? I think I'd watch that while I wait.

Edit:
Nevermind, the drama spans over 2 seasons, was aired in 1992, and since it's so rare there are no fansubs or raws.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Night_Head

They classified it as horror.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-06-20 at 23:43.
Old 2006-06-24, 10:15   Link #13
TEKO425

I have a feeling that the broadcast on June 17 was via the stream on the GyaO website and not TV, which explains why we haven't seen the raw for episode 1 yet. Furthermore, the stream is DRM protected so us non-Japanese residents wouldn't be able to watch it anyway if it were ripped. Sigh...we have to wait more than a month before we can watch episode 1.
Old 2006-06-25, 06:25   Link #14
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Night Head Genesis is made into an anime? What a surprise. Toshiyuki Morikawa x Akira Ishida? I predict this series will have the unwavering support of the female fanbase. After the rubbish that is Gakuen Heaven, bring on the story! The action! The mystery! The, um, brotherly love that I'm 101% sure will be exploited to cater to the girls!
Old 2006-06-25, 16:18   Link #15
TEKO425

Broadcast info:
  • GyaO - Sundays at noon beginning July 30
  • BS Nippon Television - Saturdays at 11:30 PM beginning July 29 (Episodes 1 & 2 will air on July 29; subsequent weeks will broadcast single episodes only)
  • ANIMAX - Thursdays at 10:30 PM beginning August 17

Last edited by TEKO425; 2006-06-25 at 16:33.
Old 2006-06-25, 16:55   Link #16
domino
デレデレ

I'll definately watch this. I don't usually like this genre because the anime done to the horror/supernatural theme usually are TERRIBLE but this one looks promising. Animation looks good and I LOVE stories where the main characters are siblings (Fullmetal Alchemist, Jyu Oh Sei, etc).

I was worried it would be a crappy "pretty boys with special powers" show, but the animation looks promising. And the fact that the official site was a creepy picture of a giant brain with no character images anywhere shows that they're not trying to sell this show based on pretty characters alone.

Anyway, looks like it will be awesome. I'll keep my eye out for this one ~

(woot, Morikawa Toshiyuki = Sephiroth good cast so far)
Old 2006-06-25, 18:54   Link #17
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
They are brothers.. So no, probably not shounen-ai.
Because siblings never screw each other in anime.

This really does look promising. Hope it delivers.
Old 2006-06-25, 21:32   Link #18
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Must... find... way... to... watch... ep... 1... stream...!!
Old 2006-06-26, 00:45   Link #19
domino
デレデレ

I just read an interesting fact: the character designs were by You Higuri o_o She did the character designs for Gakuen Heaven. No wonder they look so.... *cough*

But the director was the animation director of the hit movie "Akira" so things should be quite interesting visually. You Higuri's amazing art + Akira's animation quality = winner
Old 2006-06-26, 00:54   Link #20
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
But the director was the animation director of the hit movie "Akira" so things should be quite interesting visually. You Higuri's amazing art + Akira's animation quality = winner
But since Akira is a movie, the animation quality would most likely be higher whereas this series is only a TV series and it's not even an OVA either. But it still looks good. Wait, what was my point? Nevermind.

I want to watch the first episode too! Maybe it's on YouTube in Japanese tags?
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, supernatural