AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-11-22, 11:17   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 886 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "This is how I live". Splash is a color page.

-Sanji (who's in disguise) and his group transport the cake to the port, where they meet Oven. The minister lets Pudding pass by to the ship, but he's not quite as willing to to do the same for Chiffon, whom he calls a traitor! He prepares to execute her, but both the disguised Sanji and Chiffon's father Pound attack him together (though it's Sanji's strike that connects), distracting the minister long enough for Sanji to take Chiffon to safety! Unfortunately, Oven is able to catch up to Chiffon, and captures her! He soon gets a call on the den den mushi, and is told that Capone is coming his way. Here, Oven changes plans: As soon as the mafioso pirate arrives, he uses Chiffon as a hostage to force him to surrender! Capone agrees at first, but as soon as his ship docks, he starts shooting at Oven! However, that still doesn't change the fact that he's surrounded by enemies out at sea....

-After a brief scene at the Sunny involving Carrot (who talks about a full moon), we return focus to Luffy, who's hopping across different towns using the mirror world. During his retreat, he's still trying to figure out a strategy to beat Katakuri. He then thinks back to his training with Rayleigh, who tells him that haki's full potential is released through harrowing battle. The stronger the enemy he faces, the stronger he shall become, as well. After his brief recollection, Luffy wonders if he's capable of future insight as well, and is more determined than before to defeat the commander....!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-11-23 at 23:00.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 15:15   Link #2
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

YAY Early spoilers!

Luffy learning to read the future and surpass Katakuri Haki would be boss in my opinion, glad he's focused on beating him now and not getting another fight with him months later like some thought. This should give us proof what level Luffy's on by than.

Oda seems to hate Sanji, won't let the guy get an actual fight LOL Still seeing Capone fight awesome! Can't wait to see this stuff in the Anime even if it's slow and sometimes poorly Animated.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 16:04   Link #3
necrolyte

Luffy trying to improve his Haki sounds awesome, really hope that he will beat Katakuri with some sort of stronger Haki, no matter what kind (of course Conqueror is my personal best ) but whatever is fine.

Btw I also find it refreshing to see Capone show up again. He is cool enough to pick up my interest
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 21:42   Link #4
Rainbowman

We’re certainly getting closer to finishing this battle.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 11:07   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm looking forward to what the reason behind Carrot mentioning that it will be a full moon coming.
Since it was mentioned before in the story, should be pretty wild!
Old 2017-11-23, 12:51   Link #6
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm looking forward to what the reason behind Carrot mentioning that it will be a full moon coming.
Since it was mentioned before in the story, should be pretty wild!
Noticed that too, could be some sort of Mink or Carrot specific transformation/powerup. Carrot the Wererabbit?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 13:53   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is the opposite of what I was expecting. Luffy is going to focus on improving his haki rather than on awakening his DF.
Old 2017-11-23, 14:53   Link #8
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol as expected of Luffy, he's planning to increase 2 specializations (armament and observation)
Old 2017-11-23, 16:06   Link #9
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is the opposite of what I was expecting. Luffy is going to focus on improving his haki rather than on awakening his DF.
Pretty sure Oda's saving up Awakening to be the Ultra Instinct moment of One Piece.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 16:07   Link #10
necrolyte

Now that I have read the chapter I am also curious for the reason Carrot mentioned the moon, it will be really cool if she is Werewolf(or Wererabbit as Trax said ) and I really hope it is some special abillity of hers and not for all Minks, I don't want more pleb fights.

On another note, I think it is the right direction for Luffy to improve his Haki instead of trying to learn awekening now, maybe at some later point in the story it will be good but for now this is the right choice. The only thing I am concerned about is how seing into the future will affect his future fights, cuz I won't like it if he fights by seing his opponents' moves and dodging them, I want to see him overpowering them.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 16:21   Link #11
Theia_Loki

I found myself giggling after Bege managed to shoot Oven in the face from so far. The look on the latter's face before that happened was priceless. Serves him right for trying to brutalize Chiffon despite the fact Pudding kept telling him to stop and that she needs her for that cake. ^_^

And assuming Brulee becomes a permanent accomplice to the crew when they head for Wano, she might find herself having to swallow her pride if the alternative for her is trying her chances with Kaidou (who is her mother's rival and enemy, has a temper as nasty as if not more-so than her, has no qualms killing her, and would leave her at the mercy of his subordinates if Caesar ends up running off to work for him assuming he wasn't already).

Actually, now that I think about it, Caesar heading off to Kaidou (assuming that happens) would not be good since Kaidou would possibly be more inclined to be lenient with him to some extent.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 21:27   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow luffy is using his brain now... so he would take an initiative to challenge the strongest to improve himself

and Pudding fell in love once again toward Sanji
please let her become the nakama already... sneak on the ship like Nico Robin did before
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 22:09   Link #13
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wow luffy is using his brain now... so he would take an initiative to challenge the strongest to improve himself

and Pudding fell in love once again toward Sanji
please let her become the nakama already... sneak on the ship like Nico Robin did before
Then Zoro will tease Sanji again, igniting another upgraded version of Zoro vs Sanji. Still, i wonder how this works out though since they need to make it out alive.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 23:07   Link #14
marvelB

My, my, both Sanji AND Capone landed some nice blows on Oven this chapter! Since it looks like Capone will take care of Oven, I wonder if this means Sanji will get a rematch with Daifuku instead (the guy with the genie DF power, remember). And as far as Carrot goes, I do think it would be kinda interesting if the full moon gives her an opportunity to get revenge on Perospero.....
Old 2017-11-24, 00:08   Link #15
Tuor

Various thoughts:

* I think Sanji is going to end up fighting Oven, and when he defeats him, Beige will be, if not exactly part of the Straw Hat Pirates alliance, pretty well-disposed towards it.

* I predicted before that Luffy just needs to improve his Observation Haki to the point that he can reduce enough of Dogtooth's advantage that he can start landing solid blows on him. Dogtooth isn't nearly as tough or as strong as Luffy, but since Luffy can't hit him right now, that stuff doesn't matter. Of course, if Luffy can match or exceed Dogtooth in Obs Haki at any point, Dogtooth is pretty much toast.

* I doubt Caesar will run to Kaidou. He *might* treat Caesar better... or he might kill him for the heck of it. Caesar would be running a big risk when instead he could remain near people who won't arbitrarily kill him. I suppose it depends whether his personal pride overwhelms his rational judgement.

* Brulee's fate will probably be decided after Big Mom eats the cake and regains some rationality. But, even when Rational, she's a cruel woman, so she might just want Brulee dead regardless of whether Brulee was willingly helping the Straw Hats or not. Brulee's in a pretty bad position right now.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 01:04   Link #16
Ramero

I'm pretty much interested about upcoming battles though but i believe this will be hot in world news and surely i believe Marines will surely try to limit Big Mom even more.

*If Brulee is dead, that means rapid reinforcements will be out of commision for a while.

*I'm interested to see Carrot fight in Full Moon and it will be interesting as MarvelB said.
Old 2017-11-24, 01:23   Link #17
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, it doesn't need to exclude each other.
We didn't really get much information on how awakening works yet. Maybe reaching a specific level of Haki is a requirement for it.

I really wonder, how a fight between two people who can see the future will work out. Probably they will only stand still and calculate all the options. (similar to this one Sherlock Holmes film)
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 11:18   Link #18
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wait, so the more Haki fighters use their powers they become stronger? I guess we'll a new power or something before this arc ends
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 13:52   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, it doesn't need to exclude each other.
We didn't really get much information on how awakening works yet. Maybe reaching a specific level of Haki is a requirement for it.
Well, perhaps that might be true.... but still, it certainly didn't seem that the awakened Zoan guardians from Impel Down were powerful haki users (though they had plenty of brute strength, certainly). Honestly, the impression I always had was that awakening required a full (or at least close to it) understanding of one's own DF ability, thus triggering its full potential. And seeing the myriad innovations Luffy came up with already, his own awakening shouldn't be too far off, even if it doesn't happen this arc (maybe at Wano....?).

And going back to haki... taking Rayleigh's explanation this chapter into consideration, it makes a lot more sense how Usopp's own observation haki awakened at Dressrosa. He probably didn't awaken it during his training because he was pretty much safe with that Heraclesun dude. But it was a different story in Dressrosa when he got the crap beat out of him by Trebol, had a massive bounty put on him by Doflamingo, and was faced with the prospect of losing the memories of his companions through Sugar's power. The combined weight of all that pressure would definitely have been enough for him to make the long-awaited breakthrough he missed out on during his training....
Old 2017-11-24, 20:56   Link #20
Ramero

Usopp's Haki is similar to Monta from Eyeshield21 if i recall it. Those who are passionate on doing something like Monta that was aimed to become the best catcher in the world able to awaken Kenbunshoku Haki to defeat Taka Honjo at Christmas Bowl.

Usopp's passionate on sniping skills also awakened in the same way as Monta does.