AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-10-03, 23:32   Link #261
Yuumei

Hi there~

I just spent an hour customizing a script from one of the automation demos. x__x; *is a n00b*

Anyway... I was wondering if there's a simple code I can put in to make a wipe? I wanted the line to appear by quickly wiping from left to right.
Yuumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 00:42   Link #262
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

You can use the \clip override to define what part of your text shows (or doesn't show).

Then use \t(\clip()) to move the \clip for the wipe effect.

Example: {\clip(0,0,100,100)}{\t(\clip(100,0,100,100))} will wipe the text off the screen from left to right

or {\clip(0,0,0,100)}{\t(\clip(0,0,100,100))}text to wipe text onto the screen from left to right

(I think I have the parentheses all matched up )

edit: snippet from MorphineX's guide:
Spoiler:

Last edited by chaos4ever; 2006-10-04 at 00:55.
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 03:27   Link #263
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
How about using \K (or \kf - same thing) without borders or drop shadows?

And set secondary color alpha to &Hff&. Extremely easy, and extremely fast to render.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 05:01   Link #264
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

ah, forgot about that. that works too ^^;;
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:05   Link #265
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
does anyone know how to create the effect like FLAG ED by Shinsen subs? Basically the world grows larger.. kinda simple effect.

I tried to mess around with \fsc but T_T
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 01:15   Link #266
Kupop
#BlastoMayo Tyrant

Send a message via AIM to Kupop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
does anyone know how to create the effect like FLAG ED by Shinsen subs? Basically the world grows larger.. kinda simple effect.

I tried to mess around with \fsc but T_T
You mean, like, a \t'd \fsc? I haven't seen the karaoke, so I'm not quite sure what you're referring to exactly, but if you mean it grows over time, all you need to do is use a \t command.

\t([<t1>, <t2>, ] [<accel>,] <style modifiers>)

Where <t1> is the start time offset in ms (i.e. how long after the sub first displays that the effect begins), <t2> is the end time offset in ms (BTW, both of these are optional... you can leave them out if you want the transformation to start when the text appears and end when it disappears), <accel> is a time-based acceleration of the transformation (between 0 and 1 = slows down; greater than 1 = speeds up; 1 = stays the same... again, this is optional), and <style modifiers> is whatever you want done (as long as it's compatible with \t) to the text. For example, in your case, it'd be something like {\t(200,500,\fscx300\fscy200)} if you wanted it to start growing 200ms after the text appears and, once it reaches 500ms after it appeared (total transformation time: 300ms), be twice as tall and three times as wide as it was before the change (and stop growing).
Kupop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 08:32   Link #267
trynks

Hello, i have a minor problem. I want to make a word glow starting from the left and ending to the right in a certain time period. Not the whole word to glow immediately, but letter after letter and the previous letters to remain glowed. Can you please help me?
Something like this:
trynks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 09:34   Link #268
jfs
Aegisub dev

That looks like two layers.

On top is the white text with black border, which isn't animated.
Below that is another text layer with exactly the same text, but the border green instead, and much thicker. That layer is animated, either with a \t(\clip) or perhaps a \ko command. (I've never used \ko, I'm not sure if that's how it works.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 10:02   Link #269
trynks

can you help me with the code? i will do the timing but just give me how the code should be like. Thanks.
Old 2006-10-28, 11:41   Link #270
Kupop
#BlastoMayo Tyrant

Send a message via AIM to Kupop
You'll probably need to use a combination of \t and \clip on the background layer. \ko won't cut it as it displays the outline of the segment all at once rather than a fill. In addition to that, I don't know of a way offhand to make the inner part of each letter larger without it affecting the relative placement of each letter (e.g. increasing font size spreads them out horizontally). It's going to be pretty convoluted and you're going to have to do a lot of tweaking. You're going to need one line with the foreground text (no karaoke timings needed) and then another line (placed before, not after, the standard line) with the "glow". If you already know how to use \t and \clip, then I won't bother explaining more about that. If you do need help, I've already started writing a text document describing the process. In any case... it'll look something like this:

<timing, style, etc.>,{\an8\pos(512,30)\3c&H000000&\bord4\clip(250 ,0,250,768)\t(50,100,\clip(250,0,275,768))\t(100,1 50,\clip(250,0,386,768))\t(200,600,\clip(250,0,774 ,768))}Hello world!
<exact same timing, style, etc.>,{\an8}Hello world!

Of course, if you wanted to, you could create a new style with the style overrides included in it, but I wanted to show you the things that would need to be different and the same between the two.

Edit: The forum seems to be inserting spaces inside of my code... pretend they're not there.

Last edited by Kupop; 2006-10-28 at 12:05.
Kupop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 12:39   Link #271
jfs
Aegisub dev

(layer 2) {\an5\pos(200,200)\bord2\3c&H0000FF&}foo
(layer 1) {\an5\pos(200,200)\bord4\3c&H00FF00&}foo
This will create a double-border effect. Note the two different border sizes, colors and the layering orders.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 14:24   Link #272
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupop View Post
Edit: The forum seems to be inserting spaces inside of my code... pretend they're not there.
Code:
[ code ]stuff here[ /code ]
Isn't this exactly what it was intended for? (remove the spaces, seems vBulletin isn't smart enough to escape its own formatting tags inside code blocks...)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 02:57   Link #273
trynks

thanks you all
Old 2006-11-06, 23:26   Link #274
adrianmak

Sergejack,

under your signature, I downloaded the dead note op http://www.gameslover.net/EAF/redire...ile=testDN.avi

How could it be done in ssa of karaoke effect at the bottom
adrianmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 03:57   Link #275
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupop View Post
You'll probably need to use a combination of \t and \clip on the background layer. \ko won't cut it as it displays the outline of the segment all at once rather than a fill. In addition to that, I don't know of a way offhand to make the inner part of each letter larger without it affecting the relative placement of each letter (e.g. increasing font size spreads them out horizontally). It's going to be pretty convoluted and you're going to have to do a lot of tweaking. You're going to need one line with the foreground text (no karaoke timings needed) and then another line (placed before, not after, the standard line) with the "glow". If you already know how to use \t and \clip, then I won't bother explaining more about that. If you do need help, I've already started writing a text document describing the process. In any case... it'll look something like this:

<timing, style, etc.>,{\an8\pos(512,30)\3c&H000000&\bord4\clip(250 ,0,250,768)\t(50,100,\clip(250,0,275,768))\t(100,1 50,\clip(250,0,386,768))\t(200,600,\clip(250,0,774 ,768))}Hello world!
<exact same timing, style, etc.>,{\an8}Hello world!

Of course, if you wanted to, you could create a new style with the style overrides included in it, but I wanted to show you the things that would need to be different and the same between the two.

If converting to automation script, how to determine x2 value of the clip of each syllable ?
Old 2006-11-07, 06:03   Link #276
adrianmak

Besides, how this karaoke to be created ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21759128537443
Old 2006-11-07, 06:04   Link #277
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
It can't be done using ssa (well, it can but VSFilter woulnd't be able to handle such a script).
I don't know AFX.
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 08:05   Link #278
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Well it can be done in SSA and depends if vsfilter can handle it...\org with \frz or \frz or \fry ---- or more so a simple \t'd bunch of \fs with \K ? And of course Alpha.

SSa would be easier than AFX for this one. This file here - in the 2nd set about 1min 10 to 3min 8 sec --- you could figure it out like that..since you'll see something similar to that effect.*shrug* Which is self-explanatory if you know basic functions.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 08:34   Link #279
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergejack View Post
It can't be done using ssa (well, it can but VSFilter woulnd't be able to handle such a script).
I don't know AFX.

The aurthor of creating this karaoke effect said that he is using ssa/ass
Old 2006-11-07, 08:40   Link #280
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmak View Post
The aurthor of creating this karaoke effect said that he is using ssa/ass
Then he was lying.
Maybe the one you spoke with wasn't even the author; maybe.
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software