Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-27, 12:18   Link #241
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I'm not opposed to that but I do wish that they could at least keep the animation consistent.
Hahaha!! That's what happens when you hire teams up people to fill in the work to get the sh*t out quick. Hahahaha!! Already been there. After watching ep. 12 I'm almost afraid of ep. 13. From the previews it looked like 'Honoka' had the mumps. Good lard!!!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 12:55   Link #242
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 24 (final) raw

Yes, they did put all their efforts into the final episode. And it was worth it. In fact, this episode helped make the whole series worth it, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I understood all of the many words in it, but the combination of far-future-deep-mystery SF with a bit of shoujo-ish fantasy and a great heroine wins with me.

The voice-acting in this series was good all round. Highest marks to Toyoguchi Megumi as Honoka, especially. What a creation. And also to Namikawa Daisuke (Koyuki in Beck) as Iks, Kobayashi Sanae (Maya in Glass Mask) as Paifu, Koyasu Takehito (Yuri in Planetes, Baron Febdash in Banner of Stars, etc., etc.) as Joganki, Tanaka Rie as Fila Marik, Nabatame Hitomi as Rona Fauna (a great turn appearing in later episodes), and Matsuki Miyu as the fairy-like being.

Like a fool, I only just noticed how feminine Iks's speech is. He uses "atashi" for "I" and some feminine syntax. Not that he isn't a "he." Or maybe he's actually androgynous.

Another underappreciated series, in my opinion -- but with some good reasons why it was underappreciated, too, such as slow pace and spotty animation. And I found the OP one of those that, while not great music in itself, worked perfectly to get my excitement up for the beginning of the show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 09:07   Link #243
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

I juz saw the last episode. Yup, agreed. The last episode makes me understand more abt the series and to me, it's a good one.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 09:32   Link #244
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Does anybody know how faithful the anime was to the novels? Or at which point the anime stops in the novels? I'm kind of interested.... (( looks at my list of unread JP novels... I dunno if I can live long enough for all these... ))

I haven't exactly watched the last 2 episodes (( torrent's fucked up )), but can anyone just briefly foreshadow my tempting ears and eyes? And I agree how underappreciated this series is....Even if it does rough it a bit slowly around the story-telling and some people were turned off by it's episodic content early on.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 21:54   Link #245
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Just watched episode 20, oh god. Bogie ROCKS!!

If anyone who has been reading the Pumpkin Scissor thread, i sorta have a Tank thang.

I'm a stickle for plausiblity, and while a
Spoiler:
seems incredible, a book out of anime fantasy magic, it is an odd 2000yrs with a planetwide technology sanction so it doesn't bother me, and fits into the situation (unlike the armoured tank niggles in Pumpkin scissor!!)

Besides that, OH MY HARUHI!!!

That battle...literally was the BEST EVAR. Active Point Defence systems FTW!
Mind you i was wondering why it didn't use it's twin tri-barrel gattling and only used its main cannons in the fight. I mean he did use them in a defensive way, so dunno not offensive. Using air-burst shells and rapid gattling would of been even better, maybe he didn't want to waste all those shells.
So that was a bit strange...
Anyway the highlight of the battle was...

Spoiler:

but like Bogie said, it was an Amateur!!

GO BOGIE!!!!

Woohooo!

*goes back to watch the battle all over again*

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-10-30 at 22:22.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 13:33   Link #246
Mangaka-chan

Just watched the last episode. I still find it confusing, maybe I need to watch it twice or something.

Spoiler:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 12:05   Link #247
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.24:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 14:16   Link #248
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
The ending could've been much better imo. Honoka battling the Observer, in the end Observer loses and leaves the planet. Because he's not there, the Technos Taboo can be lifted (or reduced). Much more entertaining endng.
I actually like the ending, entertaining or not. I think one of the point the series is trying to make is that you don't have to go and fight everything just because you live in a tough environment. I like the humanistic side to Honoka and I don't think we know enough about the Observer to conclude what actions it might take. Maybe it was just glad to have someone to sympathize with before it had to leave the planet. *shrug*
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 15:33   Link #249
chrno

Ok, I just saw ep. 13 and it scared the hell out of me! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??? To be honest it totally killed my mood and I couldn't even tell if all that was happening in that episode was supposed to happen as it had a lot of downtime. It was like we jumped from point A to C. Even though ep. 12 was B and we all watched that. Thank gawd, the team will be back when I get the chance to watch ep. 14.

Old 2006-11-06, 15:42   Link #250
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Sshhh...we don't mention you know that episode round here. If we ignore it, it will go away.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 16:01   Link #251
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Sshhh...we don't mention you know that episode round here. If we ignore it, it will go away.
Hahaha!!

Oh, ok.

Old 2006-11-24, 14:21   Link #252
molitar

Looks like she finally gotten to the last straw in the upcomming episode 23. She looks pissed and going to go to war against The Third.. She wants some answers she has lost one comrade from that law.. and another had his life ruined because of it. Can't wait to see it.

And wow! is all I could say to episode 22 we finally got to see just how powerful she is.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:37   Link #253
lolosamonkey
I am Lolo

Send a message via Yahoo to lolosamonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Ok, I just saw ep. 13 and it scared the hell out of me! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??? To be honest it totally killed my mood and I couldn't even tell if all that was happening in that episode was supposed to happen as it had a lot of downtime. It was like we jumped from point A to C. Even though ep. 12 was B and we all watched that. Thank gawd, the team will be back when I get the chance to watch ep. 14.
yea episode 13 almost turned me off to the series but thank god it got better
I love honoka! Her and the fight scenes are what keep me diggin' this anime still waiting for episodes 23 and 24... paitently
lolosamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 05:19   Link #254
ccardoso
Banned

What's with episode 23? The animation sucks... characters appears to suffer of annoressia... they have traingular faces!!!
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 14:11   Link #255
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
What's with episode 23? The animation sucks... characters appears to suffer from anorexia... they have triangular faces!!!
Unfortunately, this is not a series we can watch for the animation. It is extremely variable. Their quality control is not good. They appear to have farmed out the animation to different groups of people for various episodes and not to have kept things on-model. But do not fear: episode 24 is one of the best for animation -- and one of the best in general -- of course, since it is the final episode. As lolosamonkey says, the fights and (especially, for me) Honoka continue to make this show worth watching.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-27, 20:58   Link #256
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
23 was a great episode. lots of touching moments

Can't wait for ep24!! woot!

Besides the story development inthis episode makes up for the crappy animation.
Old 2006-12-11, 09:47   Link #257
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Like a fool, I only just noticed how feminine Iks's speech is. He uses "atashi" for "I" and some feminine syntax. Not that he isn't a "he." Or maybe he's actually androgynous.
Umm, I went back to check on EP 23. I'm quite sure that he always uses "Watashi". The way he speaks is not feminine but rather a...how to say? in-text book japanese? using ~masu form and formal patterns. Watashi is also used by a male when he wants to be polite or talking to a stranger.
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 13:35   Link #258
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine View Post
Umm, I went back to check on EP 23. I'm quite sure that he always uses "Watashi". The way he speaks is not feminine but rather a...how to say? in-text book japanese? using ~masu form and formal patterns. Watashi is also used by a male when he wants to be polite or talking to a stranger.
Well, that would explain why I never noticed it before. I checked ep24, and I think he only uses "atashi" once, around 21:00, and he is quoting Honoka. I didn't realize that when I first watched. Thanks. All is revealed. I enjoyed his rather precious formal speech all through the anime. I also only recently realized that he is voiced by Namikawa Daisuke, who was Koyuki in BECK, Kamishiro Maiku in Onegai Twins, and Teen in Tide-Line Blue.
Old 2006-12-16, 18:00   Link #259
BeeTaisho

I've seen it all in raw form, but I'm excited (patiently) waiting for the subbed from good ol Fansub no Tameni. I love this anime a lot, I'd love to read the manga too. I'm sad that it's almost over. I'm a huge Jouganki fan so ^^
BeeTaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 00:06   Link #260
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Well, the last episode is out, so you don't have to wait any longer than it takes you to download and watch.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen